The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

34 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I would have come to the same conclusion, had the announcement not stated otherwise:

“Defender Kieran MacDonald and midfielder Scott Stewart, although part of the manager’s plans for next season, have also been listed as available due to the pair entering the final year of their contracts.”

Why would you be transfer listed if you were “part of the manager’s plans”?

You see I read it a different way again.

I looked at it like the players wanted away (maybe they didn't want to go full-time, or be part-time in a hybrid model where they might not be looked upon as favorably?) but Muzz rated them, and is reluctant to release them.

As highly as I rate Stewart, I'm not sure any club is in a position to chuck any money your way. Unless it's something nominal like £500 - with that deducted from his wages for X weeks or whatever. 

I looked at it like the players wanted away (maybe they didn't want to go full-time, or be part-time in a hybrid model where they might not be looked upon as favorably?) but Muzz rated them, and is reluctant to release them.
As highly as I rate Stewart, I'm not sure any club is in a position to chuck any money your way. Unless it's something nominal like £500 - with that deducted from his wages for X weeks or whatever. 

Yep, I would doubt any club would pay money for the players on that list. Taking some of them off our hands would be good enough for me.

I read it as Murray building his core squad for not only next season but the following one, in order to get the consistency which paid dividends for Arbroath this season. 

He wanted Stewart and Mcdonald as part of that 2 year plan but the players themselves do not want/like the offer that's been made and have chosen to not extend.

15 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Could be wrong, but the way I read it is that they are available for transfer, but unlike the others they are subject to a transfer fee.

I read it that way initially too but after reading the last few pages I'm not sure :lol: I said before but I hope Stewart stays and I'm ambivalent about MacDonald. For the other names mentioned, I read it as they'd be pretty much free to leave once another club came in for them and contract formalities were sorted out and assuming the move suited all parties. 

14 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

f**k him wee rat c**t always hated him even when he played for us!

Scott Gibson found ^

Sean Crighton set to stay according to the Advertiser - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/airdrieonians-captain-sean-crighton-set-15008718 

For next season then I think we have signed up - 

Sean Crighton (still to be confirmed) 

Josh Edwards 

Dale Carrick 

Cammy Russell

Scott Gallacher (?) 

And Keiran MacDonald and Scott Stewart although both of these players are available for transfer. 

Presumably, then we have also offered deals to - 

David Hutton 

Dean Hawkshaw (not sure how long he was signed for) 

Kieran Millar 

Leighton McIntosh 

The new kit deal looks very professional btw. Kudos to the club for getting it organised. Now we've just got to hope the kit is available to buy in the summer/before Christmas for a change :lol:

If it is then take such a rare event as a good omen and put a bet on Airdrie for the Scottish Cup Final.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I read it as them not being in the plans but Airdrie not willing to give them the pay-off their contract will require, therefore they're free to find another club or continue picking up their wages. Absolutely nobody is going to pay money for those boys.

Have you seen Ryan Connroy? I'd be shocked if clubs weren't banging on the door with at least 6 figure bids. 

3 minutes ago, The clean living guy said:

Have you seen Ryan Connroy? I'd be shocked if clubs weren't banging on the door with at least 6 figure bids. 

I'm trying not to think about Ryan Conroy too much because I'm convinced with him being a Dumbarton lad that he'll end up with us. A few years ago I'd have taken him, but he's a luxury that many sides in this division can't carry.

28 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

The new kit deal looks very professional btw. Kudos to the club for getting it organised. Now we've just got to hope the kit is available to buy in the summer/before Christmas for a change :lol:

Black or red shorts/socks or we riot :P

Have you had a cash injection also? Seems strange. With Falkirk in the league even worse I would have thought as it will be more difficult to get promoted.

No one knows. We might go with a core of youngsters on basic wages which would mean the cost isn’t huge I’d think. No confirmation of that or how it’ll look in reality so time will tell.

It clearly states because Stewart McDonald have “Defender Kieran MacDonald and midfielder Scott Stewart, although part of the manager’s plans for next season, have also been listed as available due to the pair entering the final year of their”either they’ve been told they’re squad players or it’s basically get to f**k and we don’t want to pay yous off

I found that part of the announcement very strange. Why would them being in the last year of their contracts (which most players are in League One) have any relevance to being transfer listed?

Surely you’re either wanted by the club and therefore not available for transfer, or not wanted and on the transfer list?

Could be wrong, but the way I read it is that they are available for transfer, but unlike the others they are subject to a transfer fee.

All of the players noted are under contract for next season I believe.

Bizarre.

I read it as them not being in the plans but Airdrie not willing to give them the pay-off their contract will require, therefore they're free to find another club or continue picking up their wages. Absolutely nobody is going to pay money for those boys.

I would have come to the same conclusion, had the announcement not stated otherwise:

“Defender Kieran MacDonald and midfielder Scott Stewart, although part of the manager’s plans for next season, have also been listed as available due to the pair entering the final year of their contracts.”

Why would you be transfer listed if you were “part of the manager’s plans”?

Perhaps Murray wanted to keep them as squad players but both players want to be in the first team. The compromise there being they can leave if they find a club offering first team football.

Probably the most likely scenario, it would have been good of them to say that though!

I read it as Murray building his core squad for not only next season but the following one, in order to get the consistency which paid dividends for Arbroath this season. 
He wanted Stewart and Mcdonald as part of that 2 year plan but the players themselves do not want/like the offer that's been made and have chosen to not extend.

So essentially none of us have a fucking clue what the club statement means. The dark art of communication at its best.

So essentially none of us have a fucking clue what the club statement means. The dark art of communication at its best.

Say something suitably vague and allow everyone to project their own meaning onto it.

That approach sounds vaguely familiar but I can’t think where I recognise it from.

Say something suitably vague and allow everyone to project their own meaning onto it.

That approach sounds vaguely familiar but I can’t think where I recognise it from.
f**k sake, have a day off.

34 minutes ago, Elgindiamond said:

"made to ensure the famous Diamond feature takes pride of place on the front of the kit."

i

Is it just me or are we getting a strip with a V in the front and a plain back. Not a Diamond then......

Leyton orient then....this was their aniversary/poppy day strip in November,  although only a v it's great, with no sponser and it's avec, when their supplier was Nike.....

20181121_174303.jpg