The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

I'll be totally honest, from an on the park point of view I have very few issues with anything that had happened thus far. I'd really hope that Stewart stays like many others have said. It's clear given the manager/DOF dynamic that there may well be more contacts out there to tap into and if there are very good junior players signed then I'm ok with that. Ditto if we push the boat out for a few from leagues above then that is similarly ok. My main hope would be that lots of folk are sorted early doors to try and get a bit of cohesiveness to the squad.

Also if I was Chris O'Neil I'd be pissed off and a bit humiliated that someone was spouting my contract rumours all over facebook. I agree that players families can be a liability on these things (mind the rocket father from last year on here) as prospective employers will look at that and think "if we offer him a deal he doesn't like will it get splashed all over social media?" At the end of the day, i'd of liked to have kept him but realistically he hasn't made a huge difference and he is a perennial part time lower league player. The average wage for part time lower league players is buttons!

Yes the average part time wage in the lower leagues is buttons except at Airdrie where we pay well above the average and that's where the problem lies in trying to shift the players on two year contracts.

I appreciate there has to be a gap between full time and part time wages but it's going to be difficult when it's been reported on here that some of the top earners on P T wages were on £400.

Wonder if the club have even made offers to Stewart and MacDonald to extend their contracts, like normal clubs do with players they want to keep, rather than just list them as available. Maybe they did and the players knocked it back. Of all the names given I'd have preferred Cairns and Stewart to have been kept. The rest are meh at best and at worst fucking atrocious.

Wonder if the club have even made offers to Stewart and MacDonald to extend their contracts, like normal clubs do with players they want to keep, rather than just list them as available. Maybe they did and the players knocked it back. Of all the names given I'd have preferred Cairns and Stewart to have been kept. The rest are meh at best and at worst fucking atrocious.

It clearly states because Stewart McDonald have “Defender Kieran MacDonald and midfielder Scott Stewart, although part of the manager’s plans for next season, have also been listed as available due to the pair entering the final year of their”either they’ve been told they’re squad players or it’s basically get to f**k and we don’t want to pay yous off

I found that part of the announcement very strange. Why would them being in the last year of their contracts (which most players are in League One) have any relevance to being transfer listed?

Surely you’re either wanted by the club and therefore not available for transfer, or not wanted and on the transfer list?

12 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I found that part of the announcement very strange. Why would them being in the last year of their contracts (which most players are in League One) have any relevance to being transfer listed?

Surely you’re either wanted by the club and therefore not available for transfer, or not wanted and on the transfer list?

Agree was a very unusual statement regarding Stewart and MacDonald,    Carrick is under contract next season and he hasn't been mentioned anywhere......

According to the Arbroath thread. Ryan Wallace is rumoured to want to return FT to Airdrie,  upgrade on what we had if true

Could be wrong, but the way I read it is that they are available for transfer, but unlike the others they are subject to a transfer fee.

Agree was a very unusual statement regarding Stewart and MacDonald,    Carrick is under contract next season and he hasn't been mentioned anywhere......

According to the Arbroath thread. Ryan Wallace is rumoured to want to return FT to Airdrie,  upgrade on what we had if true

f**k him wee rat c**t always hated him even when he played for us!

All of the players noted are under contract for next season I believe.

Bizarre.

They are. It has been mentioned previously, but I do wonder if the club have any legal responsibilities. Will they need to pay up the remainder of their contracts?

9 hours ago, waysider said:

Given the announcements of the last few days have the Club now decided to communicate with the fans?

When did they stop communicating? As far as I’m concerned, they’ve told us all we need to know. We know the plans for the season ahead, sponsorship, new kit deal, what’s happening with existing squad in terms of next season. 

What more is expected? 

9 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

There is a lot of folk in Airdrie don’t care much for him. And that’s before you get to us lot.

It's. A player to put the ball in the net ,no mister personality we need, there a lot of few players played for us done a lot worse than a wee fight in car park .

13 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

12 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

Could be wrong, but the way I read it is that they are available for transfer, but unlike the others they are subject to a transfer fee.

I read it as them not being in the plans but Airdrie not willing to give them the pay-off their contract will require, therefore they're free to find another club or continue picking up their wages. Absolutely nobody is going to pay money for those boys.

I read it as them not being in the plans but Airdrie not willing to give them the pay-off their contract will require, therefore they're free to find another club or continue picking up their wages.

I would have come to the same conclusion, had the announcement not stated otherwise:

“Defender Kieran MacDonald and midfielder Scott Stewart, although part of the manager’s plans for next season, have also been listed as available due to the pair entering the final year of their contracts.”

Why would you be transfer listed if you were “part of the manager’s plans”?

1 minute ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I would have come to the same conclusion, had the announcement not stated otherwise:

“Defender Kieran MacDonald and midfielder Scott Stewart, although part of the manager’s plans for next season, have also been listed as available due to the pair entering the final year of their contracts.”

Why would you be transfer listed if you were “part of the manager’s plans”?

Perhaps Murray wanted to keep them as squad players but both players want to be in the first team. The compromise there being they can leave if they find a club offering first team football.

Perhaps Murray wanted to keep them as squad players but both players want to be in the first team. The compromise there being they can leave if they find a club offering first team football.

Probably the most likely scenario, it would have been good of them to say that though!