The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Noticed Austin scored winner for Cally netted them extra 75,ooo,did say we are  interested but cally have put  offer on the table ,would be the type of player we would need ,gives good hope if he is example of standard of player that we are after ,

3 hours ago, Nipper said:

Would love Andy Ryan back in the Diamond but I don't think there's any chance.

Heard resigning talks started last week for some of the younger players. There was also a rumour going about that the club was considering paying off some of the players on two year deals.

Ryan wasn't on Dunfermline's list of released players today so while there was always next to no chance he'd be back there's definitely no chance now unless something changes. I'd have to assume that some of the guys on two-year deals will be getting paid off. No chance Page will still be here for example and could see Robertson getting a payoff too. Fingers crossed on Conroy too. 

Duffy the first to confirm he's away. Can't really argue with that. 14 goals isn't a bad return in such a poor team but he's not got the legs to lead the line anymore and when he's not scoring he's doing nothing. Need a much more reliable front line next season. 

10 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Duffy the first to confirm he's away. Can't really argue with that. 14 goals isn't a bad return in such a poor team but he's not got the legs to lead the line anymore and when he's not scoring he's doing nothing. Need a much more reliable front line next season. 

got to agree.

I assume this is from twitter?

Duffy still has a touch of class about him,   would score plenty in a good side with an energetic midfield and wide players that know what to do...  Sadly not that Airdrie side.   Hopefully a major clear out is happening have my doubts though.

Any signing rumours apart from Austin at Caley.

Last few pages have been a sad read. I genuinely don't know what to think anymore.

On the one hand, there are positives with the hybrid set up, a manager that most fans believe has the ability to get us up a level and we've a director of football who's a reasonable reputation.

The fact that the Trust are being sidelined by the club doesn't make a lot of sense given the fact these guys are genuine fans who put their own time in to help the club out.

Some of the goings on just seem a bit bizarre to me. I'd really like to hear from PH and have him explain his vision for the club. I understand, as a fan, we've no divine right to hear from the owner however in order to build a bit of good will it would surely only be a positive step.

It's really disheartening to have a seemingly never ending  soap opera surrounding the club. Fans should not have to "pick sides" we should all be fighting for the same cause.

Of course, nobody will give a shit if we've a team competing right at the top end of the league, but Raith and Falkirk would be more confident than us.

I see from the BBC website that they are talking about league reconstruction next year with a 12 team Championship, this might actually make promotion next year more difficult as they mention that the top two would go up automatically, i.e. no playoffs, so the target would need to be 2nd at the very least.

3 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

I see from the BBC website that they are talking about league reconstruction next year with a 12 team Championship, this might actually make promotion next year more difficult as they mention that the top two would go up automatically, i.e. no playoffs, so the target would need to be 2nd at the very least.

The no relegation proposal is ridiculous.  There should always be some sanction for performing worse than all the other teams in the league.

As for colts, it's as if the SPFL leadership need to keep resurrecting the corpse of this discussion until they get the outcome they want.  It appears that "shame" is not in great supply amongst the the big boys.

Putting aside everything else, the Colts idea affects the sporting side of things. They cannot be allowed to play in the same league as their big team, so at some point they will need to be denied promotion. 

This could mean that Celtic Colts win the championship (or even League 2) every year and there is either no promotion, or a team who is 2nd or even 3rd best (if Rangers Colts come second) being promoted.  It's nonsense.

Plus I just don't like it. There are real clubs out there who would love to play in Senior football, why should these wee diddies get a chance over them?