The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Out of interest what is the event that is taking place instead? I interpreted it as essentially still the POTY event of the previous years with awards given out, hall of fame inductees etc. Are these things still happening or what is happening instead? Thanks in advance for the clarification. 
Also, roll on 16:45. Thank f**k the season is over after today. 

The Player of the Year that is usually held at the stadium is held with the co-operation of the club, who allow the players to attend. The Trust were told the club would not be releasing the players to attend this year as they wanted them to concentrate on the play-offs so the Player of the Year awards were cancelled. As a result it was decided to hold an alternative ‘End of Season’ night, we hope that the winners of the awards will be able to attend to receive their awards however this has yet to be confirmed. The Trust will present a few other awards as usual as well as the Hall of Fame inductions.

Also going back to the original post about the Player of the Year night, the Trust said they were happy to discuss the share of profits with the club but never received a reply.

23 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Hear hear. 

Out of interest what is the event that is taking place instead? I interpreted it as essentially still the POTY event of the previous years with awards given out, hall of fame inductees etc. Are these things still happening or what is happening instead? Thanks in advance for the clarification. 

Also, roll on 16:45. Thank f**k the season is over after today. 

The close season is always more interesting with all the weird and wonderful rumours about who we’re about to sign.

10 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:
49 minutes ago, Moon said:
only 3 players on the branch, be interested to know why.

McIntosh scores again I see...sounds like it was a nice pass from Hawkshaw.

I'm a big big fan of Hawkshaw. Think he could be a decent player for next season.

yeah, he's definitely an actual footballer, good balance, always on the move looking for an angle for a pass.

5 hours ago, Moon said:

only 3 players on the branch, be interested to know why.

McIntosh scores again I see...sounds like it was a nice pass from Hawkshaw.

If there were more than 3 players on the branch, the branch might break and all the players would fall to the ground.

9 hours ago, stevee72 said:

The Player of the Year that is usually held at the stadium is held with the co-operation of the club, who allow the players to attend. The Trust were told the club would not be releasing the players to attend this year as they wanted them to concentrate on the play-offs so the Player of the Year awards were cancelled. As a result it was decided to hold an alternative ‘End of Season’ night, we hope that the winners of the awards will be able to attend to receive their awards however this has yet to be confirmed. The Trust will present a few other awards as usual as well as the Hall of Fame inductions.

Also going back to the original post about the Player of the Year night, the Trust said they were happy to discuss the share of profits with the club but never received a reply.

Thanks for the clarification, Steven. Even if only David Hutton can make it I think that will suffice :P 

8 hours ago, waysider said:

The close season is always more interesting with all the weird and wonderful rumours about who we’re about to sign.

You're right there. Looking forward to the first interesting 'sighting' of the offseason. 

5 hours ago, Moon said:

yeah, he's definitely an actual footballer, good balance, always on the move looking for an angle for a pass.

I've been impressed the couple of times I've seen him. Has a good touch, makes good runs on and off the ball tidy on the ball and can put in a good cross or set piece. 

I’m the idiot asking not very difficult questions but coming across as a twat it seems so in that role of P&B idiot, (bitter ex director!? I wish!!!!!), can I ask did you not speak out against the Wotherspoon era, and full time football? Not meant as a criticism or a challenge, but why is this new model different to what happened then. We’re at the goodwill of one individual it seems.  

Missed this in the melee of posts. I did speak out in the TW era. Mainly because I never understood his interest in the club and was always worried it was a fad and he would leave when the reality of how hard it is running a club at this level hit home.

The reason this is the different for me? I’ve always believed the club and stadium need to be aligned and both need each other to be successful. So I’m willing to give it a more of chance. Not sure who called you an idiot, but it wasn’t me?

14 hours ago, Diamond Outsider said:

I am a true fan and yes I do appreciate all the trust have done over the years 

i am am also a realist and see that all is not as stated by them at the moment.  They are not admitting any mistakes and say it is all PH.  Sorry I don’t believe that the trust are blameless and PH is totally to blame.  

You are not going to tell me that the trust are perfect and have done nothing wrong are you????  This is caused by problems on both sides.

if YOU are a true fan then surely you can admit this??

I don't think anyone has ever claimed that the trust is perfect. Have they ? If things are not as stated by the trust or if you know of any mistakes they have made let's hear it so we can all have a more balanced view of things. 

27 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Missed this in the melee of posts. I did speak out in the TW era. Mainly because I never understood his interest in the club and was always worried it was a fad and he would leave when the reality of how hard it is running a club at this level hit home.

The reason this is the different for me? I’ve always believed the club and stadium need to be aligned and both need each other to be successful. So I’m willing to give it a more of chance. Not sure who called you an idiot, but it wasn’t me?

Totally agree  that the alignment between the club and stadium is the big difference between PH and TW. TW walked away relatively  "unscathed" on the failure of  success (promotion )as he had/ has other business interests outwith the club  whilst PH  has  nearly 100% business interest in the club/stadium . So assuming his vision of success is promotion too ,then he has a lot more to lose if we fail - crowds would dwindle and it could get to a stage  that it couldn't be sustainable to run a stadium - I say stadium because a club could survive at a different venue. But I am sure PH is aware of this. I just wish he would communicate and try and build relationships with the likes of the Trust and the fans ( and I am not talking about Ballantyne's pished rants of a couple of seasons ago. ). Ultimately we all have a common cause of a successful  Airdrieonians FC- be as a fan or purely as a business venture.

PS. Hopefully sign Hawkshaw -  clever and always looking for the pass.  V good today - especially 1st half.

36 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

With Falkirk coming down, they have got to be the favourites to go back up. Besides that, who else should concern us next season? 

Obviously it depends on signings, but realistically what's the best we can hope to achieve next season?

Every other team? Once we know the play offs it might be fun to speculate. I would guess QOS will survive but Stenny could go, although I think their form since 2019 started suggests they will not lose over two legs. So we will have as hard a season as this one and until as you say signings are known who could predict,

2 hours ago, G_&_T said:

With Falkirk coming down, they have got to be the favourites to go back up. Besides that, who else should concern us next season? 

Obviously it depends on signings, but realistically what's the best we can hope to achieve next season?

Look at Raith though, they were favourites to go straight back up (Roaring back and all that). You’d imagine Falkirk to have much better resources though. Hope we can challenge Falkirk/Raith (if they stay down) all the way. Hope Clyde come up too, would make the seaside league a bit less seasidey. 

13 hours ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

If QoS come down, and Dobbie leaves, they'll probably sail past everyone on route to League 2.

It doesn't  take long to forget the shit season we have had ,we will have to sign a good few quality players if we are going to do a job like Arbroath did,.who will concern us ,with the team we have at present them all .

2 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

It doesn't  take long to forget the shit season we have had ,we will have to sign a good few quality players if we are going to do a job like Arbroath did,.who will concern us ,with the team we have at present them all .

Then it’s a good job the board and manager have signalled a mass clear out then eh? Everyone connected with the club knows this season was not good enough. For the first time in a long time I am confident that, in Murray and Millar,  we have the right people with good experience and connections to bring in players good enough to challenge next season. 

Plus the hybrid model means we won’t rule out either full or part time players if they fit the criteria, whatever that may be.

Wotherspoons ‘fulltime’ Was full of kids. Murray and Millar won’t do that, in my opinion. 

Glad the season is over and I’m looking forward to seeing who we bring in over the next couple of months. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

53 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Then it’s a good job the board and manager have signalled a mass clear out then eh? Everyone connected with the club knows this season was not good enough. For the first time in a long time I am confident that, in Murray and Millar,  we have the right people with good experience and connections to bring in players good enough to challenge next season. 

Plus the hybrid model means we won’t rule out either full or part time players if they fit the criteria, whatever that may be.

Wotherspoons ‘fulltime’ Was full of kids. Murray and Millar won’t do that, in my opinion. 

Glad the season is over and I’m looking forward to seeing who we bring in over the next couple of months. 

Thanks for clearing that up,

17 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Look at Raith though, they were favourites to go straight back up (Roaring back and all that). You’d imagine Falkirk to have much better resources though. Hope we can challenge Falkirk/Raith (if they stay down) all the way. Hope Clyde come up too, would make the seaside league a bit less seasidey. 

Clyde and Airdrie are as firm seaside fixtures as beach huts and ice cream vans.

20 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

What do we think the chances of getting Andy Ryan back are? Slim?

Would love Andy Ryan back in the Diamond but I don't think there's any chance.

Heard resigning talks started last week for some of the younger players. There was also a rumour going about that the club was considering paying off some of the players on two year deals.