The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

12 minutes ago, Diamond Outsider said:

Sorry I have to post this but I read somewhere that it was being suggested of the trust/fans buying out the club and being fan owned!!!!

This is nothing short of lunacy!!!!  It won’t work and as for the amount the trust have put in over 18 years it is less than 10k per season.  That wouldn’t even cover 3 home games stadium rental(based on previous quoted figures)

Surely this is not something that the trust are serious about???  (Not saying the trust actually want that as I don’t know so more of a question)

Some things you read are rubbish. This falls within that category. No way  this will happen and I would doubt the Trust would even think about it.

Sorry I have to post this but I read somewhere that it was being suggested of the trust/fans buying out the club and being fan owned!!!!

This is nothing short of lunacy!!!!  It won’t work and as for the amount the trust have put in over 18 years it is less than 10k per season.  That wouldn’t even cover 3 home games stadium rental(based on previous quoted figures)
Surely this is not something that the trust are serious about???  (Not saying the trust actually want that as I don’t know so more of a question)
It seems like some people think that the trust have the right to own the club and it seems that these people believe they actually do own it. Theres only negativity coming from one side and it's clear which side it is. Its embarrassing and it's a clear agenda.

Diamond Outsider you read somewhere .........where exactly did you read it?

Not saying the trust actually want that.........but you you inferred it in the first part of your post then covered yourself by claiming it was more of a question.

Another attempt to make the trust look incompetent and irrelevant.

Edited by Nipper

12 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Diamond Outsider you read somewhere .........where exactly did you read it?

Not saying the trust actually want that.........but you you inferred it in the first part of your post then covered yourself by claiming it was more of a question.

Another attempt to make the trust look incompetent and irrelevant.

No attempt to do anything to the trust

i read either here or on Facebook.  I will find and let you know where exactly 

sounds like you protest to much!!!!

perhaps you have are one sided and can’t see the other side!!

It’s actually heartening to read that a lot of us are of the same view.

I take the Hybrid model and DoF appointments to be positive. Similarly with the Holemasters money. When we didn’t spend in January I was worried about it all going tits up.

Could the club be a success playing wise without the Trust? Definitely, but it would mean much more to me, and I think many of us, if we could all do it working together.

There’s a lot of good will built up for the trust committee and there is a lot of talent on the committee.

Trust and Club working together and a good team on the pitch would be manna from heaven after all that’s happened.

It is clear that the Football Clubs relationship is completely irrepairable ,   if the club wishes to work with the new Community Trust them that's up to them

According to OSCR, the registered address for Airdrie Community Trust is the stadium, which suggests there might be more to the relationship between the Football Club and the Community Trust than just an agreement to work together.

It seems like some people think that the trust have the right to own the club and it seems that these people believe they actually do own it. Theres only negativity coming from one side and it's clear which side it is. Its embarrassing and it's a clear agenda.

That’s a pretty subjective assessment. Your biases are showing.

I can assure you the Trust have absolutely no plans of a ‘buy out’ of the club. The shares under dispute are shares that were part of the original consortium take over, everyone else that paid for their shares has received them except for the Trust.

Also the Trust has put considerably more than 10k per season into the club over recent years.

It is clear that the Football Clubs relationship is completely irrepairable ,   if the club wishes to work with the new Community Trust them that's up to them,   And the Supporters Trust have no comeback if that is the case.    

Just to clarify the new Community Trust is the clubs own Trust.

The Facebook is getting nasty and personal. I’ll be imposing my usual summer social media shutdown soon and hoping the shitshow is sorted by the time August rolls around....

I’m the idiot asking not very difficult questions but coming across as a twat it seems so in that role of P&B idiot, (bitter ex director!? I wish!!!!!), can I ask did you not speak out against the Wotherspoon era, and full time football? Not meant as a criticism or a challenge, but why is this new model different to what happened then. We’re at the goodwill of one individual it seems.

4 hours ago, Diamond Outsider said:

No attempt to do anything to the trust

i read either here or on Facebook.  I will find and let you know where exactly 

sounds like you protest to much!!!!

perhaps you have are one sided and can’t see the other side!!

Your observations, questions  under the guise of a concerned Airdrie  supporter has been  in my opinion less than convincing as they have been asked in an attempt to trivialise  the role that the trust has taken on over the last few years in trying to reconnect the club with the town. If you were a genuine fan you would know that and give them credit for the work that they have done.

Are you prepared to do that ?

Edited by Nipper

That’s a pretty subjective assessment. Your biases are showing.
I have no loyalties at all I stated an observation. This whole 'woe is me' rhetoric wont solve anything and the way the trust and their followers, mainly followers are going about it all is more damaging than good.

8 hours ago, stevee72 said:

I can assure you the Trust have absolutely no plans of a ‘buy out’ of the club. The shares under dispute are shares that were part of the original consortium take over, everyone else that paid for their shares has received them except for the Trust.

Also the Trust has put considerably more than 10k per season into the club over recent years.

Was only quoting fact.  Reported 142k in 17 years.  To me that is less than 10k per year.

however do appreciate you advising that fan ownership is not a vision as it is not feasible 

6 hours ago, Nipper said:

Your observations, questions  under the guise of a concerned Airdrie  supporter has been  in my opinion less than convincing as they have been asked in an attempt to trivialise  the role that the trust has taken on over the last few years in trying to reconnect the club with the town. If you were a genuine fan you would know that and give them credit for the work that they have done.

Are you prepared to do that ?

I am a true fan and yes I do appreciate all the trust have done over the years 

i am am also a realist and see that all is not as stated by them at the moment.  They are not admitting any mistakes and say it is all PH.  Sorry I don’t believe that the trust are blameless and PH is totally to blame.  

You are not going to tell me that the trust are perfect and have done nothing wrong are you????  This is caused by problems on both sides.

if YOU are a true fan then surely you can admit this??

Interesting that half the proceeds of the End of Season presentation night have been ring fenced for a charity (fantastic charity).  PH wanted all proceeds to be split down the middle, Trust and Football Club, this was to be discussed by the Trust.  So the decision has been made not to split the funds,  has the club been informed o r just hearing through the traditional social media channels.    I

into the football if we can manage a victory down at stair this afternoon, be might just miss out by a couple of points again for the playoffs,  surely next year  is Our year...........

Interesting that half the proceeds of the End of Season presentation night have been ring fenced for a charity (fantastic charity).  PH wanted all proceeds to be split down the middle, Trust and Football Club, this was to be discussed by the Trust.  So the decision has been made not to split the funds,  has the club been informed o r just hearing through the traditional social media channels.    I

into the football if we can manage a victory down at stair this afternoon, be might just miss out by a couple of points again for the playoffs,  surely next year  is Our year...........

This is not a Player of the Year event, that was cancelled by the club.

I have no loyalties at all I stated an observation. This whole 'woe is me' rhetoric wont solve anything and the way the trust and their followers, mainly followers are going about it all is more damaging than good.

Bias is not the same as loyalty. It just means predisposition to consistently take one viewpoint over another. It’s like saying something is “clearly” the case when there is clearly nothing clear at all about the situation.

An alternative viewpoint to the current situation is that the Trust might have a legitimate grievance about how the club is handling the relationship and, by airing it, they hope encourage the club’s owners to pause and take a more conciliatory approach.

Of course the above is just a guess on my part, so I’ll avoid saying it’s clearly the situation and try to keep an open mind.

however do appreciate you advising that fan ownership is not a vision as it is not feasible 

So far as I can see, you’re the only person to claim that approach had been proposed.

Have you either found the source for your claim, or decided to admit the claim was inaccurate in the 1st place?

23 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

So far as I can see, you’re the only person to claim that approach had been proposed.

Have you either found the source for your claim, or decided to admit the claim was inaccurate in the 1st place?

I have looked and can’t find it again.

i am sure I saw it somewhere but being unable to find it I am being honest in that I can’t find the post

22 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Some very valid points.

for what it’s  worth, I don’t know any inside information about what’s going on but it’s clear some people do. I’ve read comments from people I know who have the clubs best interest at heart and seem to be showing support of the board and direction it’s looking to go. I take heart from that and liked the club statement about the hybrid plans for next season. 

The shares issue needs clarified and sorted. That’s clearly one of a number of issues causing a rift between the Trust and the board. Those involved on both sides need to get the situation sorted and start working together. All I’ve heard/read is comments about the Trusts side of things. However I’m not going to condemn the club not making public statements about it as it risks becoming unprofessional so sometimes silence is best on such matters.

Do I personally think the fallout between trust and board will hugely impact attendance next season? No, as first off, the trust doesn’t represent all fans views and secondly if the club get the right team on the pitch and start winning games, people will go and watch. 

The current feeling of being scunnered is not a new one caused by the current issues, it’s from years of having a shit product on the pitch. 

I see Murray and Staurt Millar as the right people to change that next season. 

Hear hear. 

2 hours ago, stevee72 said:

This is not a Player of the Year event, that was cancelled by the club.

Out of interest what is the event that is taking place instead? I interpreted it as essentially still the POTY event of the previous years with awards given out, hall of fame inductees etc. Are these things still happening or what is happening instead? Thanks in advance for the clarification. 

Also, roll on 16:45. Thank f**k the season is over after today.