The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Looks like PH doesn't think he needs the support of the Trust going forward. Which is well and good if things are going well next season - the team doing well, potential big gates from the likes of Falkirk or Thistle (if they go down ) BUT if things go tits up then that could be another matter. That's when PH  might need the help of the Trust  bigstyle. To potentially freeze them out at this time is risky unless he's sure that he has a sustainable model and finances in place to weather the storm of another shit season on the park and dwindling crowds. It looks like he's going to take that risk - based on some kind of business model that doesn't factor in the Trust and its funds. Now, if we are flying high in 8-10 months, the relationship between PH and the Trust will be well forgotten - because  most football fans are a fickle as feck. If not, then this issue will be right at the forefront - especially if PH is looking for some kind of cash injection if we are languishing at the bottom of the league in front of 500 fans (I am sure his sustainable model will have factored this scenario in.....).

I hope PH knows what he's doing - ultimately he has a lot to lose. Stating the bloody obvious the stadium and the Club are intrinsically linked - no Club, no stadium.  PH has nothing. Elton John aint going to appear every year as are away cup draws to the Old Firm. 

It's now PH should be reaching out to us all - telling us of his vision for the club and how he is going to try and achieve it - asking everyone to "buy into it" - including the Trust. I am guessing an Airdrie surviving in the Championship - crowds 1000-2000 dependant on the opposition, more season tickets, higher admission fees. Fans happy, club happy, trust happy, PH happy.  But I am just guessing - because this vision hasn't been communicated to us by PH or the club.  So what about it PH? 

Have the club not already done this by telling us about the hybrid plans for next year? Also now the new sponsorship deal? 

What more do they have to say about future plans?

2 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Have the club not already done this by telling us about the hybrid plans for next year? Also now the new sponsorship deal? 

That's a fair observation but what about their plans for keeping the support engaged in helping to achieve the club's goals.

I'm just a buy-a-season-ticket/programme/pie level supporter but there are plenty out there who want to do more to help the club succeed and foster strong links with the community.  What is the route to get them involved.

My problem is does PH have something to hide?The Trust last night clearly stated that PH has failed on several times to respond to emails about getting around the table and sorting things out.Yes we all want a successful team on the park but to achieve that off field matters matter. If the hybrid proposal works then fine but if it doesn't where will it leave us?So if you're reading this Mr H get it sorted with The Trust,who are willing too,and let's MAKE AIRDRIE GREAT AGAIN

Was it not also said the trust are exploring legal action against the club. That’ll guarantee no conversations take place. Clearly no trust between the parties and everything has broken down.

9 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

So what is the clubs long term future plan? What is the long term goal. What is PH's vision?  Are you not interested in that?

Legal action to secure shares which are due to the Trust.

These are shares that are for the fans now and in coming years.

In football clubs from Barcelona to AFC Wimbledon there are moves for fans to have some form of shareholding. This is completely normal stuff and in my view should be encouraged. No-one has a crystal ball, who's to say that in 6 months or 6 years time the fans having a shareholding and a seat in the boardroom etc will not be crucial in protecting our club?

I completely understand fellow supporters not wanting any more fighting or just wanting peace and quiet. I get it, I want a winning team like everyone else. But pursuing a fans shareholding should not be seen as problematic in any way.

and I personally get a bit suspicious when it is described as such.

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Dunno but here’s hoping they buy season tickets for next season. ;-)

They might not need season tickets, they might be sitting in the posh seats, behind the glass screen!

I appreciate you taking the time to post a summary, as many others will. What I would say though is, I didn’t read new poster Diamond Outsiders response as being aimed at you, as what you posted wasn’t your opinion but notes from the meeting. 

Cheers. Okay. I took it that it must be me as I’ve not seen any other updates/minutes anywhere. I’m all for debate/discussion though. I can see both sides of whether we should still be concerned about stuff. Not sure everyone has that opinion and I know some are just fed up with it all. I still find it of interest. Things like the shares not being given over - this isn’t just about now, it’s a longer term thing. Same with questioning stability of finances for full time football. Look at Wotherspoon to what can happen there. Folk arguing about football camps are missing a wider point potentially.

A lot of my posts/input on here stems from what we were sold and what’s happened since. 10 guys all with an equal say and the best interests of the club at heart. I know of the guys who have gone but don’t know them personally. I don’t know of PH either btw. I don’t think he lives in the town and don’t believe he was a supporter. Don’t think he needs to be btw but the ones that have gone are the ones we saw and heard speak at the outset and are also the ones we view as being out and out supporters so that’s a worry for me. PH, DFC and the Trust were all very convincing that this was a new era with a set up that would prevent one person having complete control and how this was the best way forward etc. Blue sky thinking perhaps but that’s fact. That happened. We’ve moved away from it very quickly and despite numerous resignations from the Board the club didn’t feel the need to comment. That’s unusual. We have people now backing the Board without question (and that’s their prerogative and right) but that were strong believers in the consortium and backed the individuals that have now walked. Fair enough if it’s just a case of being battle weary and fed up however I’d just like some communication to explain things. That’s not tin foil hat thinking surely?

I see this Trust issue as the fall out of a power struggle. I don’t see how pushing an organisation away that contributes financially makes sense (FFIT club is £8k for instance - that’s a lot surely for us and is recent income - not sure that equates to a free meal ticket). If the club want more money as alluded to above then get back round the table and talk to them. Ask for it!

Both sides need to work together here, could a solution be:

1. Trust commit to £x going to club or Y amount of events over the course of a year where income generated is for club (part of that happens though already?)

2. Club gives Trust shares

3. Trust become involved in and/or part of this new community Trust

2 is likely needed, 3 was mentioned last night.

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

So what is the clubs long term future plan? What is the long term goal. What is PH's vision?  Are you not interested in that?

Of course I am but what right do I really have to demand to know that information? Does every football club share their long term strategy with their fans? I doubt it. 

Maybe im just easily pleased at knowing the plans for the next few seasons. 

Of course I am but what right do I really have to demand to know that information? Does every football club share their long term strategy with their fans? I doubt it. 
Maybe im just easily pleased at knowing the plans for the next few seasons. 

We all thought that under Wotherspoon before we signed a load of shite! Hopefully this won’t be a repeat.

38 minutes ago, Airdrie Minded said:

Cheers. Okay. I took it that it must be me as I’ve not seen any other updates/minutes anywhere. I’m all for debate/discussion though. I can see both sides of whether we should still be concerned about stuff. Not sure everyone has that opinion and I know some are just fed up with it all. I still find it of interest. Things like the shares not being given over - this isn’t just about now, it’s a longer term thing. Same with questioning stability of finances for full time football. Look at Wotherspoon to what can happen there. Folk arguing about football camps are missing a wider point potentially.

A lot of my posts/input on here stems from what we were sold and what’s happened since. 10 guys all with an equal say and the best interests of the club at heart. I know of the guys who have gone but don’t know them personally. I don’t know of PH either btw. I don’t think he lives in the town and don’t believe he was a supporter. Don’t think he needs to be btw but the ones that have gone are the ones we saw and heard speak at the outset and are also the ones we view as being out and out supporters so that’s a worry for me. PH, DFC and the Trust were all very convincing that this was a new era with a set up that would prevent one person having complete control and how this was the best way forward etc. Blue sky thinking perhaps but that’s fact. That happened. We’ve moved away from it very quickly and despite numerous resignations from the Board the club didn’t feel the need to comment. That’s unusual. We have people now backing the Board without question (and that’s their prerogative and right) but that were strong believers in the consortium and backed the individuals that have now walked. Fair enough if it’s just a case of being battle weary and fed up however I’d just like some communication to explain things. That’s not tin foil hat thinking surely?

I see this Trust issue as the fall out of a power struggle. I don’t see how pushing an organisation away that contributes financially makes sense (FFIT club is £8k for instance - that’s a lot surely for us and is recent income - not sure that equates to a free meal ticket). If the club want more money as alluded to above then get back round the table and talk to them. Ask for it!

Both sides need to work together here, could a solution be:

1. Trust commit to £x going to club or Y amount of events over the course of a year where income generated is for club (part of that happens though already?)

2. Club gives Trust shares

3. Trust become involved in and/or part of this new community Trust

2 is likely needed, 3 was mentioned last night.

Some very valid points.

for what it’s  worth, I don’t know any inside information about what’s going on but it’s clear some people do. I’ve read comments from people I know who have the clubs best interest at heart and seem to be showing support of the board and direction it’s looking to go. I take heart from that and liked the club statement about the hybrid plans for next season. 

The shares issue needs clarified and sorted. That’s clearly one of a number of issues causing a rift between the Trust and the board. Those involved on both sides need to get the situation sorted and start working together. All I’ve heard/read is comments about the Trusts side of things. However I’m not going to condemn the club not making public statements about it as it risks becoming unprofessional so sometimes silence is best on such matters.

Do I personally think the fallout between trust and board will hugely impact attendance next season? No, as first off, the trust doesn’t represent all fans views and secondly if the club get the right team on the pitch and start winning games, people will go and watch. 

The current feeling of being scunnered is not a new one caused by the current issues, it’s from years of having a shit product on the pitch. 

I see Murray and Staurt Millar as the right people to change that next season. 

Edited by Glenmavis Diamond

32 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Of course I am but what right do I really have to demand to know that information?

If you are a supporter of the club (especially if you are a longstanding one) you have every right.

2 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Some very valid points.

for what it’s  worth, I don’t know any inside information about what’s going on but it’s clear some people do. I’ve read comments from people I know who have the clubs best interest at heart and seem to be showing support of the board and direction it’s looking to go. I take heart from that and liked the club statement about the hybrid plans for next season. 

The shares issue needs clarified and sorted. That’s clearly one of a number of issues causing a rift between the Trust and the board. Those involved on both sides need to get the situation sorted and start working together. All I’ve heard/read is comments about the Trusts side of things. However I’m not going to condemn the club not making public statements about it as it risks becoming unprofessional so sometimes silence is best on such matters.

Do I personally think the fallout between trust and board will hugely impact attendance next season? No, as first off, the trust doesn’t represent all fans views and secondly if the club get the right team on the pitch and start winning games, people will go and watch. 

The current feeling of being scunnered is not a new one caused by the current issues, it’s from years of having a shit product on the pitch. 

I see Murray and Staurt Millar as the right people to change that next season. 

'However I’m not going to condemn the club not making public statements about it as it risks becoming unprofessional so sometimes silence is best on such matters.'

It would be difficult to argue that there are not people posting here under pseudonyms on behalf of the club. Transparency and authenticity is much more professional than that approach.

10 hours ago, Airdrie Minded said:

I gave a summary (after someone asked) and its bringing them out the woodwork it would seem. I wasn’t trying to be a smart arse or in the know (I’m not). I was playing back what I heard last night. Anyway, I’ll not bother next time.

I was not having a pop at you, I was referring to the new additions to P & B, who joined the day after the trust meeting! 

Sorry I have to post this but I read somewhere that it was being suggested of the trust/fans buying out the club and being fan owned!!!!

This is nothing short of lunacy!!!!  It won’t work and as for the amount the trust have put in over 18 years it is less than 10k per season.  That wouldn’t even cover 3 home games stadium rental(based on previous quoted figures)

Surely this is not something that the trust are serious about???  (Not saying the trust actually want that as I don’t know so more of a question)

It is clear that the Football Clubs relationship is completely irrepairable ,   if the club wishes to work with the new Community Trust them that's up to them,   And the Supporters Trust have no comeback if that is the case.