The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

What was happening with that? Seemed to be real disagreement between Crichton and Campbell but I couldn't tell if it was a specific incident or just disagreement on Crichton going deep to get the ball from Hutton and then punting it aimlessly
Some sort of disagreement as you said but it was with more than just Campbell, Fitzy told him to take some responsibility and stop fannying around. He then responded by pointing at just about every player within 15 yards of him having a right good moan.

He brought on Robertson rather than Stewart because he wanted to defend the lead. Stewart's real lapses in recent weeks have been defensively. So to answer what he has to do to get in the team, it's to provide better defensive cover whilst still giving us some forward runs. (for clarity, Houston absolutely did not manage that yesterday)

I'm getting a bit sick of Conroy taking one or two touches too many and then realising that there is nothing on and blaming everyone else. And as everyone says every week, he doesn;t have the legs for the position he is playing.

I’d pin point the first bit of bad feeling on the Worltherspoon regime being on day one when on the one hand we were extolling the values of looking to be a community club to also signing Lithgow [emoji85]

The resigning of Conroy last year was probably the first negative of this regime. He actually started the season strongly “like a new signing” but overall at Airdrie I’ve been disappointed with him too slow and not commanding enough. Be gutted if he resigns.

Guaranteed to score 4 against us next year for someone!!

Just now, CapitalDiamond said:

I’d pin point the first bit of bad feeling on the Worltherspoon regime being on day one when on the one hand we were extolling the values of looking to be a community club to also signing Lithgow emoji85.png

The resigning of Conroy last year was probably the first negative of this regime. He actually started the season strongly “like a new signing” but overall at Airdrie I’ve been disappointed with him too slow and not commanding enough. Be gutted if he resigns.

Guaranteed to score 4 against us next year for someone!!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Conroy signed a 2-year deal in March 2018. I know the Trust are paying Prunty's wages but we could we organise a whip round to pay off the rest of Conroy's contract? 

2 hours ago, Diamond8 said:
13 hours ago, airdrieman said:
Heard Sean Crighton's bird and, presumably his da or uncle, slating the fans after the game for slaughtering the team. Aye mate, take away your free comps and your emotional bias and see if you enjoy paying £16 to watch that garbage.

Get crighton as far to f**k as possible. I'll be assuming she was slaughtering Fitzy for getting tore right into him.

I heard them on the way out of the ground so didn't hear their whole conversation but aye probably. Going on about how "the fans at this club don't back the team" and how Crighton set up the goal. Conveniently didn't mention the aforementioned incident or him almost selling a goal by letting the ball bounce over him to let the Montrose player have clear sight of goal.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Conroy signed a 2-year deal in March 2018. I know the Trust are paying Prunty's wages but we could we organise a whip round to pay off the rest of Conroy's contract? 

Eek, with enough runners in a midfield he might do a job but with what we have at the moment it’s a struggle to see how we’d get out of the league with him in the team.

Eek, with enough runners in a midfield he might do a job but with what we have at the moment it’s a struggle to see how we’d get out of the league with him in the team.

If you get Conroy to play in the attacking third of the pitch and tell him to stay forward he’ll do you a job he’s playing wingback because we’ve got no one that can play there he’s the best ball playing player in our squad

Conroy was literally the only player on the park yesterday who had the slightest bit of composure on the ball and a bit of ability. There's times I feel sorry for him when he is clearly looking for someone to show for a pass but no-one does, so he passes it back and gets booed for it, or pings it up the line - giving the ball away, again recieving abuse.

Unfortunetly he is completely ineffective because he's extremely slow, playing out of position, and playing with dreadful players. In an advanced midfield role surrounded by footballers he'd be a good player for us. As it is, he's going to be at best ineffective, and at worst a defensive liability if he's asked to be a defensive wing-back like the last 30 minutes yesterday.

Said it at the time but I've no idea why he was re-signed. There's no doubt for this level he has quality, but unless he's playing in a slick, free flowing passing team he's completely pointless, which clearly is not us.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Conroy was literally the only player on the park yesterday who had the slightest bit of composure on the ball and a bit of ability. There's times I feel sorry for him when he is clearly looking for someone to show for a pass but no-one does, so he passes it back and gets booed for it, or pings it up the line - giving the ball away, again recieving abuse.

see, that's been my opinion for a while. But I noticed yesterday that he actually missed the opportunity to release the ball quickly and caused the whole running around looking for a man situation himself. twice.

Heard Sean Crighton's bird and, presumably his da or uncle, slating the fans after the game for slaughtering the team. Aye mate, take away your free comps and your emotional bias and see if you enjoy paying £16 to watch that garbage.

Is that who that was? I thought it was someone with Tourette’s.

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 23:09, airdrieman said:

Exactly. When they pay £16 to watch probably the worst game of football I've seen all season then I might listen to what they have to say. Otherwise they can clamp it.

2 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

Exactly. When they pay £16 to watch probably the worst game of football I've seen all season then I might listen to what they have to say. Otherwise they can clamp it.

And as likely as not you will be there next week and next year,that's because you support Airdrie as a team .

And as likely as not you will be there next week and next year,that's because you support Airdrie as a team .

I’ll be there every Saturday I can as I have done for over 20 years. I do support the team. This team, past teams and the ones we don’t know about yet. They’d do better than to mouth off in front of everyone. If you have that opinion, share it in the car or at home.

5 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

To be honest if I had a relative playing I would be reluctant to go. Every player gets abuse at sometime and if a relative cannot cope with that, he or she should give the game a miss.

20 hours ago, waysider said:

To be honest if I had a relative playing I would be reluctant to go. Every player gets abuse at sometime and if a relative cannot cope with that, he or she should give the game a miss.

I think possibly it has always been thus, but the relatives of old would have been segregated on the top deck of the old pavillion where there opinions would not have been heard by the masses

On 07/03/2019 at 09:45, Moon said:

does anyone know anything about Dean Hawkshaw? 

Don't recall ever seeing him play before but I think he's a centre mid. Seems odd that somebody with an ostensibly decent pedigree (20 games in the top flight) would be signed primarily for the reserves. I've been to a few reserve games and no harm to anyone who plays at that level but anybody who's played any run of games at first team level let alone the Premiership should be able to scoosh it at that standard of football. 

Unless he's either - been signed with a view to being part of the first team next season or, he isn't actually very good or any better than what we already have. Which begs the question why bother signing him in the first place?