The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Very lucky to walk away with any points today never mind 3. Murray has been filling me with less and less confidence in him every week with his constant poor player choice and poor substitutions.

Awk f**k up,It’s no Murray’s players you cannot judge him until next season these are Findlay’s players not him

Yes very lucky to get 3 points ,manager seems to like Conroy ,beats me that one,who would manager put on instead ,put names in a hat ,draw one out he would be better .Duffy got POTM  personally I would have picked and did Hutton ,saved us again the day .noticed Victoria on score sheet the day .

Yes very lucky to get 3 points ,manager seems to like Conroy ,beats me that one,who would manager put on instead ,put names in a hat ,draw one out he would be better .Duffy got POTM  personally I would have picked and did Hutton ,saved us again the day .noticed Victoria on score sheet the day .

Tbh who would you play there I think he’s trying to protect young josh because when he was in the team he had a few bad games

You are right it's not easy 'it's not as if there is any one earning the right to play  at the moment.I think we better make the best of the win today ,never know when  the next win will come .bring in a couple of experienced players that can't get the game time they are looking for with their own club and could be all that's needed,has worked at Dumbarton.

I've been to many a bad game of football but today was up there as one of the worst. Two rubbish teams with not an ounce of ability about them. The first half, in particular, was dire stuff from an Airdrie point of view. Midfield wasn't in the game at all and the team either didn't know how to play in that shape or didn't know how to get the best out of it. Second half was slightly better. Thought we were improved when Wilkie came on. He's the only midfielder that actually drives with the ball and takes us forward. I thought Sean McIntosh had a decent enough game today too. He's much better on the ball than either Gallagher or Millar. Glad to see him back in the side. Thought that was one of Campbell's better games too. I don't think Houston is a better option than Stewart. He did nothing for me and at times I forgot he was playing. Glass had some nice touches but his decision making lets him down and I don't remember him making a killer pass or putting in a decent final ball. I'd rather have Wilkie playing in there from the start. 

We were lucky that Montrose were just as bad, if not worse, than us. The only times they looked like scoring were when we put ourselves under pressure which unfortunately was a lot. Some real calamitous stuff going on at the back and we genuinely looked at times like we wanted to chuck the 3 points away. Conroy had several moments of sheer stupidity that were unforgivable and that we were damn lucky Montrose didn't score from (kudos to Hutton for that save from point-blank range, he saved us another 3 points today). I've no idea why a player who is so stubbornly left-footed turns inside on to his right so much but he just puts so much pressure on himself and the team and when he goes to pass forward he goes back on to his left anyway but by the time he does that he either loses the ball or the move or chance is gone. I know he's an easy scapegoat but he's a liability, especially in the position he was playing in today which he's also not fast enough to play in. Edwards is much better in that position. 

I still don't like how deep we're sitting when we go in front. We saw it out today but we also rode our luck tremendously and a better team would probably have beat us. 

As said above it wasn't the best game but we won and at this point, that's all that matters. Ironic though that Joao scored a goal that could have sucked us deeper towards the relegation zone. 

I imagine we'll go pretty defensive next week but I'd like to go with pretty much the same team expect Edwards in for Conroy, Stewart in for Houston and Wilkie in for Glass (assuming Carrick is fit). 

Also, saw on Twitter in a 7-1 win for EK Cammy Russell set up three of the goals. Seems like he's doing well there. A few of other reserve players have went out on loan to Fauldhouse as well.

Edited by airdrieman

hahahah what an angry wee man you are, well Conroy for a start and then subbing on Robbo at rwb instead of Scott, there’s a few examples
You one if the Scott Stewart fan boys?
Couple of old boys behind me saying "god knows what Stewart's needs to do to get in this team"
Be a football player is a start.
He's absolutely brutal.

3 hours ago, Jack Reed said:

Based on what? It took him weeks to get in the team, he only eventually played him due to continually awful performances from Edwards giving him no choice.

Questioning Murray is pointless, it's clear that he's doing everything he can to get something out of a dreadful group of players. We need to scrape through until the end of the season and go from there.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

I can't add much to Airdriemans post.  Campbell and McIntosh did quite well in general but the other loan players have added very little to the squad and their age probably explains this. The first half was instantly forgettable and losing Carrick was a blow but Wilkie was really good. Montrose did miss one really good chance which led to the guy's injury. The early goal should have set us up but apart from another corner scramble we did not break through. I noticed Conroy getting into fankles inside the box which seemed to set up panic in the back three,  and as Montrose went 4-2-4 we simply sat back ( The manager had us a solid back five who never got out again.) I felt we were bound to lose an equaliser but Hutton saved us yet again. Montrose were poor until that last 15 minutes and we just about edged them.   The three points were crucial and given the other results it took off some of the anxiety. On form we are still bottom and the away games coming up are a real worry with Dumbarton now 2nd on form, while we rarely get anything at Raith. The first half was so uninteresting that I only woke up when noticing the officials had changed their wet gear at half time!

Edited by Chapelhall chap

Heard Sean Crighton's bird and, presumably his da or uncle, slating the fans after the game for slaughtering the team. Aye mate, take away your free comps and your emotional bias and see if you enjoy paying £16 to watch that garbage.

He brought on Robertson rather than Stewart because he wanted to defend the lead. Stewart's real lapses in recent weeks have been defensively. So to answer what he has to do to get in the team, it's to provide better defensive cover whilst still giving us some forward runs. (for clarity, Houston absolutely did not manage that yesterday)

I'm getting a bit sick of Conroy taking one or two touches too many and then realising that there is nothing on and blaming everyone else. And as everyone says every week, he doesn;t have the legs for the position he is playing.

12 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Based on what? It took him weeks to get in the team, he only eventually played him due to continually awful performances from Edwards giving him no choice.

Questioning Murray is pointless, it's clear that he's doing everything he can to get something out of a dreadful group of players. We need to scrape through until the end of the season and go from there.

Based on if Conroy is one of our better players we have the worst record in the league for the past 6 games ,

Heard Sean Crighton's bird and, presumably his da or uncle, slating the fans after the game for slaughtering the team. Aye mate, take away your free comps and your emotional bias and see if you enjoy paying £16 to watch that garbage.
Get crighton as far to f**k as possible. I'll be assuming she was slaughtering Fitzy for getting tore right into him.

2 hours ago, Diamond8 said:
13 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Get crighton as far to f**k as possible. I'll be assuming she was slaughtering Fitzy for getting tore right into him.

What was happening with that? Seemed to be real disagreement between Crichton and Campbell but I couldn't tell if it was a specific incident or just disagreement on Crichton going deep to get the ball from Hutton and then punting it aimlessly