The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

Not one bit better off than last season ? Maybe a lot worse with all the big wages being paid to poor players ,Groundhog airdrie every season .got a feeling this will be my last game this season ,gets harder when there is no improvement  .

I’m the same mate,every week I say “f**k that I’m no going back” but I still find myself standing on the terracing or in the stand but by the looks of it after every season it just gets harder and harder to watch cause this ain’t airdrie

Today’s defeat not unexpected, but we’re now just 9 points off the bottom and 6 off the relegation playoff having played 2 games more than the 3 bottom teams.
It was the same before today, as I pointed out during the week with EVERY team below us having at least 1 game in hand.

We played quite well today Hutton had a couple of good saves,Though Houston came into the game more as it went on,Conroy is Conroy,Duffy and carrick had good link up play,Scott Stewart was woeful when he came on Both penalties were never a penalty referee couldn’t wait to give them apart from that I don’t see us going down

We played quite well today Hutton had a couple of good saves,Though Houston came into the game more as it went on,Conroy is Conroy,Duffy and carrick had good link up play,Scott Stewart was woeful when he came on Both penalties were never a penalty referee couldn’t wait to give them apart from that I don’t see us going down
Conroy the corner and free kick waster.

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Conroy ,Stewart , Gallagher a waste of a jersey and MacIntosh not much better should have scored .a good striker would have won us at least a point ,points won over last 5 don’t make good reading .relagation form am afraid .

You come across as a  "Glass half empty" kind of guy!

Where were you standing for your view of the penalties?

Half way the first one is a soft pen the second one is a joke as Muzzball says

The 1st one is a penalty no doubt about it

The second one my first thought was a dive, but need to see it again

Refs aren't great at this level and although you're moaning number 7 was very lucky to stay on and number 8 should've been booked long before he took out bobby. Maybe the 2nd pen was lucky for us but you had your share of luck too

The 1st one is a penalty no doubt about it

The second one my first thought was a dive, but need to see it again

Refs aren't great at this level and although you're moaning number 7 was very lucky to stay on and number 8 should've been booked long before he took out bobby. Maybe the 2nd pen was lucky for us but you had your share of luck too

Refs aren’t great at any level they haven’t been great for years!! The first one is soft and the second one is a blatant dive I might sound like one of the OF but we’ve been cheated out of a valuable 3 points

1 hour ago, Jack Reed said:

Not really,do you hold out a lot of hope for this team ,without a decent striker we are going down .have we been any worse than we are now!!.

We’ve been bottom of this league previously so I think we’ve probably been worse. 

I don’t disagree on the striker front but we hardly make an array of chances. Creativity is as much an issue. 

2 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

We’ve been bottom of this league previously so I think we’ve probably been worse. 

I don’t disagree on the striker front but we hardly make an array of chances. Creativity is as much an issue. 

I think it's been a very poor season ,previous seasons we did not expect to much but with the players signed this season  raised the hopes  and I really thought a play off place at worst ,will see the glass half full come Wednesday .

14 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

I wasn't there, but come on let's be realistic, Scott Stewart's confidence must be rock bottom.!He's been in and out the team this season and now his manager has just brought a young loan signing in because "wing back was a position that needed strengthening", according to Murray.  Last season Stewart was regularly in the team, captain on many occasions, and was IMO one of the best 3 players that we had. Murray obviously doesn't rate him and Stewart's confidence and consequently his form is suffering badly. He's never going to be a world beater but under Murray he's gone (and is still going!) backwards. It would appear to be poor player management, but there may be other issues involved that I don't know about.

Genuinely the most gutting disappointed season I’ve experienced in all my time watching Airdrie. Was genuinely excited in pre season, and firmly believed we’d be top 4. For me it was the 3-4 game against Raith that changed everything. Until it collapsed it was the best I’d seen us play in years, fans were singing at a home game for the first time in years. Then the roof caved in and the whole feel good factor about the season was gone in a flash. Can remember being absolutely devatstated after that game because I could sense exactly what was going to happen, and it did.  Really not sure what’s going to happen in this close season, but just need to keep the faith we fix it.