The Official Airdrieonians Thread - 2019/20 and beyond

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I think what a lot of folk are alluding to is that we HAVEN'T overspent by that much, but it might just be a convenient way of disposing of a 6 figure profit from the Celtic cup game.
I'm not ITK but if there's accounts published that show that the Celtic money has been used to offset "losses" then major questions need asked.

Ammo with the greatest of respect, I wouldn't speculate on hearsay. 

When "The Consortium" eased out JB, I am as sure as I can be that every one of them made a contribution to the cause and may well be out of pocket as a result. Other than that, nobody knows who invested what and  what is owed to whom. 

When "The Consortium" eased out JB, I am as sure as I can be that every one of them made a contribution to the cause and may well be out of pocket as a result. Other than that, nobody knows who invested what and  what is owed to whom. 

The rumour is that PH Used 150k of his own money to buy shares for him and his staff and is taking the Celtic money to recoup his investment for the shares

Diamond Dave, every post you have made since entering this site has been in support of PH and what is left of the Board. You are quite correct in saying that there is a lot of speculation about some of which may well be inaccurate.

However, there is one thing that is not open to question and that is the total contempt by the Club in dealing with the fans. There is zero communication. I stand to be corrected in this but I don’t believe the Club  have yet told us that a director resigned recently!

Would you care to comment on that?

4 hours ago, Diamond Dave said:

Bingo! Congratulations Roger Thornhill. 

Anyone with an IQ of higher than 10 can figure out its very much in PH's interest to have a successful football team. A winning team means a busier stadium. One must compliment the other. Something that's sadly been lacking for many years at Airdrie and is now being rectified. Some problems are being ironed out but the club will be better for it going forward once those with an agenda have been flushed out. 

Would you like to expand on "once those with an agenda have been flushed out"

9 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

The rumour is that PH Used 150k of his own money to buy shares for him and his staff and is taking the Celtic money to recoup his investment for the shares

Rumour!

Key word.

Thanks ,notice he plays right back at Rangers young team ,seems to be good player,Manager thought that position needed addressed,personallyI thought the left side and a striker would have been his priority ,anyway the young player will likely be better than what we have wherever he plays .

Seems a bit pointless. I assume he's costing us nothing or very little but O'Neil, Stewart, Robertson and McIntosh can play on the right fairly comfortably. Not sure where he's been playing for the reserves but I'm sure Robbie Leighton has played there before.

Even if he's an upgrade, with so many options there and the season effectively over as a contest why do we need Houston?

Seems a bit pointless. I assume he's costing us nothing or very little but O'Neil, Stewart, Robertson and McIntosh can play on the right fairly comfortably. Not sure where he's been playing for the reserves but I'm sure Robbie Leighton has played there before.

Even if he's an upgrade, with so many options there and the season effectively over as a contest why do we need Houston?

Its a strange one right enough, and like you, not a position that was crying out for reinforcements, certainly not before a striker anyway.

Admittedly I've not been to many games recently but that's by the by, and Murray certainly can't be seen to come out and say the seasons effectively over. Especially since there's more of a chance of being dragged into the fight below if results in rearranged games go against us.

We need to get back to winning ways, if just to consolidate and afford ourselves a few "dead rubbers" in the final few weeks to look forward and plan for what will (in my opinion) be a massive season next year.

If we've still got that money set aside for a head start on a playing budget next year, then this manager should fully be backed to overhaul the team.

There might never be a better chance to progress before the crowds decline further.

We need to get back to winning ways, if just to consolidate and afford ourselves a few "dead rubbers" in the final few weeks to look forward and plan for what will (in my opinion) be a massive season next year.
[The]manager should fully be backed to overhaul the team.
There might never be a better chance to progress before the crowds decline further.

I’m pretty sure we were saying the very same thing this time last year.