The Basement Battle: Alloa v Bairns

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once we got the wind at our backs we were by far the better side and shouldve won more comfortably.  No real bad performances with everyone digging in. Dixon once again tremendous and big willy was excellent again. Paton had a superb 2nd 45 and osman is looking better every game. Onwards and upwards.

Once we got the wind at our backs we were by far the better side and shouldve won more comfortably.  No real bad performances with everyone digging in. Dixon once again tremendous and big willy was excellent again. Paton had a superb 2nd 45 and osman is looking better every game. Onwards and upwards.

Todorov and McLean did well too when they came on

That pitch really is a fucking embarrassment.  It’s the Alloa management saying to their own fans “we don’t care you won’t get to watch football.  We’re just going to try shitfest our way through the season”.

poor first half from us, mich better in the second.  Few weak performers, really impressed with Osman given how poor he was first few games.

12 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Don't think the wind was much a factor bar set pieces, would put it down to team talk in getting both Waddington and Petra supporting Rudden more.

We were losing the midfield and it really shaped as having a flat 5 in the first half, obviously not what was set out to be.

Dixon was superb for 90 where for me many had a great 2nd 45. 

Cloud nine tho, the fear of a draw or defeat was a big worry pre and during game.

Time for beerio

Not sure I understand the negativity about Alloa’s ground. They’re a part time club ffs.

Delighted with the result today and the performance was decent enough despite the Baltic wind. Watching McKenna, Dixon and the Edge in control at the back, for pretty much the whole 90 mins was a sight to behold.

I mentioned I was lucky enough to get 12/5 earlier this week so also £68 better off. Not quite as good as the 7/1 at Somerset Park but I’ll take it....[emoji16]

Not sure I understand the negativity about Alloa’s ground. They’re a part time club ffs.
Delighted with the result today and the performance was decent enough despite the Baltic wind. Watching McKenna, Dixon and the Edge in control at the back, for pretty much the whole 90 mins was a sight to behold.
I mentioned I was lucky enough to get 12/5 earlier this week so also £68 better off. Not quite as good as the 7/1 at Somerset Park but I’ll take it....[emoji16]

My reason for the negativity is based purely on it being a shitehole.

Was chuffed for Waddington. I reckon he is a young guy about to become really important  to us in the next few weeks. Seems to have a good hour in him, but the full 90 is still a bit of a stretch.

Petra is our version of Ted McMinn....can be great for a few moments in a game, and a source of frustration/comedy gold for the rest of the game.

That game had the potential to break us. But it didn’t. Quite the opposite hopefully.

Very disappointing from an Alloa point of view. We started the game very well and were well on top for opening twenty minutes. Failed to turn that into a goal and conceded from Falkirk's first genuine chance. Good work from Rudden and an excellent header right where Parry couldn't get it, although could certainly have been defended better. We responded well and deserved the equaliser. 1-1 was a very poor reflection on the first half for Alloa. 

Ridiculous goal conceded then at the start of the second half and although we did have two close calls after that our play was more ragged and Falkirk had chances too, indeed they looked more likely to score in the second half.  Damage done before that for us. 

Falkirk didn't look significantly better today than the team they had previously but the main thing for them was to find a way to win and they did. For Alloa the frustration is that much of it was self inflicted. If we do go down then we won't need to look far beyond losing both home games against Falkirk. 

However, the team has consistently bounced back and is capable of doing so again. Some crucial games in the weeks ahead and we must start winning again. Ideally starting next Saturday. 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Much as I get it it’s something that used to be levelled at ourselves. I’d still defend Brockville to the hilt.....

We had the discussion going out at todays game that we all loved old grounds but Alloa's is up there with Albion Rovers as the bad example

Struggled at times 1st half, was happy getting in at 1-1 far better 2nd half, absolutely great save from their keeper from Petra, how it stuck under his hand was incredible. No way in a million years would Hartley's team have gotten a point from that game. Team much improved, both centre halfs immense, keeper fine, Rudden ran himself into the ground. If anyone watching us doesn't think Paul Hartley's next job should be as a window cleaner then they really need their heads looked at! 

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

A football ground where supporters can spectate from all four sides of the pitch seems to be bringing out the jealous rage in some of them, perhaps their age if they’re a post-Brockville era supporter 

21 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s not the ground for me, that’s pretty standard lower league stuff, and everyone including Alloa accepts that they are punching above their weight just now.

Its the pitch, and conscious decision to make every home game collapse into anti-football.  The current Alloa team are way better than that.

Archived