The Basement Battle: Alloa v Bairns

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, printer said:
2 hours ago, MrDust said:
Usually park there but the norm is jump back and forth to game within 100 odd minute time period, sure they have a time limit
I got the feeling will need to be a bit more prompt in timings with the big crowd, must be the biggest Alloa game in my time with the next one possibly even bigger

There's never any problem time limit wise parking in Morrison's.

Never had a problem afore and although I have had two of these parking ticket type things afore (livvy) Lidl car park and never paid, there will be some might not ignore the demands like I did and pay the fine. 

Brockville (Morrisons in Falkirk) I think have had varying levels of car park monitoring over the years in that its patrolled and not, tbf the customer to car ratio they have as a car park is ludicrous and our hospital should take note its better to have too much car park space than not enough

15 hours ago, whereismillar said:

we were capacity at a Cowdenbeath  game back in the 90,s ? it was a promotion decider..

Over 5000 ...remember standing near where club shop is and barely being able to see the game.

The Morrisons car park has no restrictions. Unlike the Falkirk one, its well out of the town centre. They built parking area for a far bigger retail park which has never really materialised. It isnt monitored in any way, with tons of spaces.

There may still be a temporary traffic light at the fire station so you might get backed up a wee bit heading into Alloa. However at the roundabout youre heading left whereas the traffic queue will be going past the ground so you can dodge most of the delay. By far the easiest method of getting in and out pre and post match. 

8 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Just saying troops but if it’s not council ran then you don’t have to pay any fines they dish out over being over an hour/90 minutes etc

I am the law x

Or pigs

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Over 5000 ...remember standing near where club shop is and barely being able to see the game.

The Morrisons car park has no restrictions. Unlike the Falkirk one, its well out of the town centre. They built parking area for a far bigger retail park which has never really materialised. It isnt monitored in any way, with tons of spaces.

There may still be a temporary traffic light at the fire station so you might get backed up a wee bit heading into Alloa. However at the roundabout youre heading left whereas the traffic queue will be going past the ground so you can dodge most of the delay. By far the easiest method of getting in and out pre and post match. 

No restrictions isnt quite true. They frown upon dogging so I've been told by a mate,honest.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

No restrictions isnt quite true. They frown upon dogging so I've been told by a mate,honest.

Typical seedy Falkirk fan Eh ? :P

on the subject of private parking legislation on shopping centre's ect If you do NOT ! acknowledge any of their correspondence /threatening letters ect  by law they cannot take a penny from you . happened to the wife ,she wanted to pay . don't do it throw all letters away..

Typical seedy Falkirk fan Eh ? [emoji14]
on the subject of private parking legislation on shopping centre's ect If you do NOT ! acknowledge any of their correspondence /threatening letters ect  by law they cannot take a penny from you . happened to the wife ,she wanted to pay . don't do it throw all letters away..
Think there was a thread on this but aye, thats the gist of it and I am shocked there are still people who dont know this.

The parking companies now add to the fearmongering by citing a case they actually won in court. Whilst that is true, I think it was in England where there are different laws. The crux of ignoring them being legit is firstly, the driver who parked, not the registered keeper is liable, and secondly, yoy are under no obligation to incriminate yourself by admitting you WERE the driver at the time.

Key thing as you say is complete non-acknowledgement if their letters. The minite you reply, or appeal, or try to build a case then they can have you legally. All letter directly in the bin with zero response is the way for these sharking b*****ds.

23 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I drive a company car. The demand goes to the leasing company who add a handling charge before passing it to my company who automatically deduct it from my wages. I'm careful where I park now.

Had that issue with Balfour Beatty fleet years ago. Parked at the Marriott, registered the car at reception and still got a fine from Parking Eye. BB fleet paid them and added £100 for the inconvenience. Took about 3 months to get the money back. Fleets never bother their arse checking, same with rental companies. Less hassle just to comply for them rather than approach you first and ask. 

quite funny this has turned into a parking thread (my bad), the excitement is too much to talk about the game ..way to big a game for both clubs :bounce2
Maybe we could combine parking and the match?

Famcy a square go in a car park?

Me and Senor Bairn v your two best, nae tools.

(And nothing on the face)

11 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

quite funny this has turned into a parking thread (my bad), the excitement is too much to talk about the game ..way to big a game for both clubs :bounce2

Excitement and dread re the game tbh

31 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Car park w**k thread (ooh er). TFS holds 843 cars and 27 buses - is this the biggest in the league? 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, MrDust said:
Excitement and dread re the game tbh

An improvement on last week then, when I felt nothing but dread and was convinced a draw was simultaneously a disaster, and the best we could do.

Narrow pitch, horrible conditions and three of Alloa's wins have been at home.....

Its gonna be ugly no matter the result

Narrow pitch, horrible conditions and three of Alloa's wins have been at home.....
Its gonna be ugly no matter the result
We beat them on that pitch with a team that had no discernible strengths. This time we have an actual midfield, people to support Rudden, and decent physicality in the team.

I fancy us this week tbh. Whilst I agree that a shitfest might be the most probable description, I am looking foward to it. I havent been to a gake since Partick away though so that might be why..

Archived