The Basement Battle: Alloa v Bairns

1 hour ago, printer said:

I like Falkirk and always hope they do well except when up against Alloa, but it's still hilarious how absolutely threatened their fans seem to be by a small part-time club like ourselves doing so well and competing fairly comfortably with them. The stuff about the Indodrill is excruciating. emoji29.png

It's an absolute hovel. 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an absolute hovel. 
Aye. Too much "its an old style stadium and we all like that" going about.

There were shite old stype stadiums too. Thats one of them.

Catering vans are first class though. Didnt have one but anywhere that sells a roll on pie (thats right) is fine wi me

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Catering vans are first class though. Didnt have one but anywhere that sells a roll on pie (thats right) is fine wi me

Tight c***s don't put butter on them though. 

I’d rather have Alloa’s old ground than soulless Starks Park tbh.
It’s funny, I keep hearing people complain because we are forced to sit at stadia. Then when we get a ground where you can stand alI I hear are complaints.
Let’s face it, the Baltic conditions and driving wind were the real issue that made it tougher viewing yesterday than normal...

Tight c***s don't put butter on them though. 
Thats out of order tbf

It’s funny, I keep hearing people complain because we are forced to sit at stadia. Then when we get a ground where you can stand alI I hear are complaints.
Let’s face it, the Baltic conditions and driving wind were the real issue that made it tougher viewing yesterday than normal...
I agree with you. Id rather stand than sit at any football stadium, but once again, that doesnt mean one at which I can stand cant also be a bit of a shithole

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

There is a difference though - standing at say Somerset or behind the goals at Cappielow, you have proper terracing and can see what’s going on.  Standing at pitch level - yesterday, Peterhead, Montrose - is shit.

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

No problems with the stadium itself. That was my laddies first time on terracing and he loved it. Its the pitch that's an absolute farce, there's a throw in every 2 minutes and cannot see how it benefits Alloa, as lets be honest, are not complete dugshite, so no need to shitfest it. Hopefully for your sakes and the sake of football it gets changed next season. 

You wont find an Alloa poster or fan who disagrees with you on the pitch dimensions.The pitch at the Indodrill is a bowling green and a big pitch at its full size.The decision to narrow it was in my opinion negative and i would go as far as to say cowardly.It says you,re players can,t compete unless the manager can come up with tactics to give them a chance.The irony is that the full time teams are all in the main bigger and stronger than us and when they press us hard,as Falkirk did yesterday 2nd half they bully us.We had the chance to change it and didn,t and we are stuck with it now.

You wont find an Alloa poster or fan who disagrees with you on the pitch dimensions.The pitch at the Indodrill is a bowling green and a big pitch at its full size.The decision to narrow it was in my opinion negative and i would go as far as to say cowardly.It says you,re players can,t compete unless the manager can come up with tactics to give them a chance.The irony is that the full time teams are all in the main bigger and stronger than us and when they press us hard,as Falkirk did yesterday 2nd half they bully us.We had the chance to change it and didn,t and we are stuck with it now.
Something that hasnt been touched on much actually there. 2nd half we were hunting in packs. Not something we are used to. Rudden was pressing the keeper and defenders then as soon as it was by him McShane flew in or Osman. Taking it in turns to press the ball made it really hard for yous to put anything together. I love to see that type of pressure game. One player after another nipping out of position to hound then back in.

We would never be able to do it for 90 but I hope its sonething Ray has been drilling and intends to use in future.

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Something that hasnt been touched on much actually there. 2nd half we were hunting in packs. Not something we are used to. Rudden was pressing the keeper and defenders then as soon as it was by him McShane flew in or Osman. Taking it in turns to press the ball made it really hard for yous to put anything together. I love to see that type of pressure game. One player after another nipping out of position to hound then back in.

We would never be able to do it for 90 but I hope its sonething Ray has been drilling and intends to use in future.

Much easier to hunt in packs on the tiny park also.It suits us less than everyone else we play on it yet we stayed with it.

9 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Rudden's claiming penalty. That's why Roscoe's raging don't know how that's not obvious.

Watch the highlights and at no point does rudden claim a pen. He turns round and looks up to see the big number 4 giving him abuse for no reason what so ever.

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Oor Ben sneaking in with the Pars having a week off...or maybe just can't resist seeing the mighty Bairns 8)

It gives me a warm glow to think of wee Ben sitting in the home end getting himself all ragin' at the navy blue machine.

What a club we are, forcing fans of rival clubs to pay to see us all while hoping to see us get humped.

#FFCBoxOffice

16 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

It gives me a warm glow to think of wee Ben sitting in the home end getting himself all ragin' at the navy blue machine.

What a club we are, forcing fans of rival clubs to pay to see us all while hoping to see us get humped.

#FFCBoxOffice

Cant needs a gid ride. Shame hes probably an only child.

Watch the highlights and at no point does rudden claim a pen. He turns round and looks up to see the big number 4 giving him abuse for no reason what so ever.

The big number 4 was a donkey. Aberdeen sent McKenna out on loan and I always thought he had something about him but this guy was a fucking dumpling

4 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Oor Ben sneaking in with the Pars having a week off...or maybe just can't resist seeing the mighty Bairns 8)

Why's a wee boy wearing a wedding ring? Is this another Fifer deviancy?

Archived