The Basement Battle: Alloa v Bairns

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

I think it’s time to start looking up the table, the promotion playoffs are still in sight. #coyb

Still too close to the gravitational pull of 9th and 10th. I’ll maybe have a wee keek upwards when we are 4 points clear of 9th.

Still too close to the gravitational pull of 9th and 10th. I’ll maybe have a wee keek upwards when we are 4 points clear of 9th.

The table above shows we have made 4 points on ICT over the last 10 games. We’re 9 points behind and ICT have a game in hand on our 12 remaining.
If we play well we might get close but I doubt we’d overhaul that.
I’ll be happy to just clear the bottom two places over the remaining games....

Waspie has been desperate to talk us down since the final whistle. Odd behaviour since Alloa had the odd spell here and there of pressure but in reality, that looked like a part time team against a full time team. Alloa worked really hard and carved out some galf chances in the first half with the wind etc. Then we took the lead, brought guys off the bench who would stroll into their team and generally seen the game out nae bother.

Not saying any of that to be a cock btw, bottom line is that i8n football money shouts louder than anything else and today we showed that. We were just.... Better. I echo what someone said about McShane today. Aside from Dixon who has had praise, McShane was everywhere. Hes a huge asset to us and is strollong games

Waspie has been desperate to talk us down since the final whistle. Odd behaviour since Alloa had the odd spell here and there of pressure but in reality, that looked like a part time team against a full time team. Alloa worked really hard and carved out some galf chances in the first half with the wind etc. Then we took the lead, brought guys off the bench who would stroll into their team and generally seen the game out nae bother.

Not saying any of that to be a cock btw, bottom line is that i8n football money shouts louder than anything else and today we showed that. We were just.... Better. I echo what someone said about McShane today. Aside from Dixon who has had praise, McShane was everywhere. Hes a huge asset to us and is strollong games

Also takes a great corner.

8 hours ago, Waspie said:

The old Ebbe Skovdahl quote would apply nicely here. Anyway, 3 league defeats and 2 of them against the top 2 in the league. Today was the damaging one but that still doesn't equal a dodgy 2019 as you suggested. If get to 5 straight league defeats though then yes we are in serious bother. 

Everyone in our league can beat anyone post Hartley and hopefully tear stained Crawford at Dunfermline joins the Hartley gang but we are unbeaten in 2019 and have played similar team standards to the above in your proud record to be losers yet have jumped above you.

I stand by the dodgy 2019 as 4 straight defeats didnt happen in 2018.....not checking for seaside league results 

7 hours ago, GMBairn said:

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt about playing it into the wind making it hard to play high balls, compounded by the tight park making it more difficult to play on the floor but the wind has no impact on our team shape, how deep we are, lack of pressing beyond the half way line or only playing 1 man up top.

The fear factor hit us today, I was annoyed to be playing a 4-5-1 in a game we should have enough to win, I think its obvious to see the 2nd half we made more of an effort to get Waddington and Petra in a more forward role to get service to Rudden and midfield . We came away with 3 pts and creating more clear cut chances than Alloa says our tactical decisions were correct 

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Huge win for Falkirk. Very important, with a tough run of games ahead.

Hopefully Alloa finally get the credit they've been craving so badly all season before they get relegated.

Powerful words that may haunt you

P.s Id take Goodwin as a manager than Crawford

7 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I love how Falkirk have included two blatant dives in their highlights:lol: This means war.

2 blatant dives your arse. Both werent pens but a case simply of players losing their footing . Ruddens especially was him simply trying a turn, losing his footing and falling over the ball. No idea why the big clown of a number 4 then decides to lose the plot and get them both booked. Not pens but clearly not dives either.

2 blatant dives your arse. Both werent pens but a case simply of players losing their footing . Ruddens especially was him simply trying a turn, losing his footing and falling over the ball. No idea why the big clown of a number 4 then decides to lose the plot and get them both booked. Not pens but clearly not dives either.
That frustrated me. You're getting booked for pushing him, and you're getting booked for getting pushed. Why do refs punish both players in that instance?

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Rudden's claiming penalty. That's why Roscoe's raging don't know how that's not obvious.

That frustrated me. You're getting booked for pushing him, and you're getting booked for getting pushed. Why do refs punish both players in that instance?
Nobody gets 'booked for getting pushed' you idiot.

I like Falkirk and always hope they do well except when up against Alloa, but it's still hilarious how absolutely threatened their fans seem to be by a small part-time club like ourselves doing so well and competing fairly comfortably with them. The stuff about the Indodrill is excruciating. [emoji29]

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

I honestly thought Waddington had stood on the ball and for a couple of seconds I was waiting for the goalie to come out for it or one of your defenders to wipe him out. Pre-january Falkirk levels of goal clearing that one was. 

I was right behind the goals, time seemed to slow down when the ball came to Waddington. 

Archived