The Basement Battle: Alloa v Bairns

So big it deserves the full six days of buildup.

Really hope the wheels start to come off for Alloa, harsh as that sounds because their efforts have been admirable so far this season and ours have been the opposite. Same back four again should work well given the narrow pitch.

Either team winning this is likely to cause further bumhole tightening above us, but a win for us would see us leapfrog Alloa and really crank up the heat on some others.

We have managed 2 in each of the two games so far against Alloa but really blew our own toes off with the draw at home.

Different team now though, literally, with probably DKD the only change from yesterday.

What a massive game. Cant fucking wait tbh.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So big it deserves the full six days of buildup.

Really hope the wheels start to come off for Alloa, harsh as that sounds because their efforts have been admirable so far this season and ours have been the opposite. Same back four again should work well given the narrow pitch.

Either team winning this is likely to cause further bumhole tightening above us, but a win for us would see us leapfrog Alloa and really crank up the heat on some others.

We have managed 2 in each of the two games so far against Alloa but really blew our own toes off with the draw at home.

Different team now though, literally, with probably DKD the only change from yesterday.

What a massive game. Cant fucking wait tbh.

Not only would we be out of the bottom two with a win, we will be within a point of the Pars who don’t have a game next week. Remarkable!

Carrying on the chat about Petravicius from our thread.... I would be starting him in this game. He tortured Alloa first time at Recs and scored agaisnt them at home. Aswell as scoring yesterday.... Id be starting him.

I’m not even sure it’s in doubt that he’s going to start, especially given DKD is suspended. I expect a straight swap of MacLean for DKD.

Sadly cant make this as I'll be steaming on a stag do down south.

Waddington in for DKD would be good and we now have options from the bench to change our style if we need to.

As others have said, a win here puts us into a good position and will put a lot of pressure on the teams above us. Goodwin has done a great job at Alloa and we're still gelling as a side so hopefully theres no overconfidence going into this although yesterday was an excellent win.

Carrying on the chat about Petravicius from our thread.... I would be starting him in this game. He tortured Alloa first time at Recs and scored agaisnt them at home. Aswell as scoring yesterday.... Id be starting him.

Get him tae f**k [emoji6]

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, printer said:
Big, big game. Falkirk will bring a lot of fans. Atmosphere should be cracking.

Think we will. We did last time and that was when we were pointless. Any chance of it being made all ticket?

Away section houses roughly 2000 

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Get ready to duck, there's going to be a few teams falling past you soon enough. 

ainsley.jpg.ecad0da9957fdedc3d583ca8e6e69e30.jpg

The geese will get the last laugh :lol:

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I concur. I don't go to many away games now but will hopefully make this one.

stating the obvious but massive game for us especially given we play Ross county and dundee United next

Hope you take 6 points from those :) 

Archived