Talbot just keep rolling on....

TFW

2 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Maybe memory is playing tricks, but there was definitely talk of an application at the time. They chose not to apply then...semantics.

My point was supposed to be that Stuart is being critical of Talbot when the same could have been said about the Medda at that time.

Thanks Gogsy, I stand corrected.

Meadow were never consistently sweeping clubs aside season after season with barely a challenge back then.

If we were sweeping clubs aside nowadays like Talbot are, Id start to get bored. Surely you’d want to test yourself against better opposition the same way basically every other league system in the world works.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

It was years ago. At least 5 years. Again, don’t get your point.

i really don’t understand why a club wouldn’t want to challenge themselves against a higher quality opposition. Playing teams like Ayr/Hearts/Cove week in week out is more appealing than playing 99% of junior teams who bring 3 or 4 fans to beechwood.

When a bankrolled Medda were skooshing the league why did they not move up a grade?

6 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

When a bankrolled Medda were skooshing the league why did they not move up a grade?

Because it was a closed shop with hardly any talk of any pyramids. Won 3 league titles, hardly dominated junior football though.

try again

13 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Because it was a closed shop with hardly any talk of any pyramids. Won 3 league titles, hardly dominated junior football though.

try again

Talbot have won 5 Superleagues, only two more than meadow so again hardly dominating.

There is always a challenge, none of them have been easy (apart from maybe when we won 20 of 22 league games and even then we didn't go top of the league until January). Three of them were won on our 22nd and final game and if we lost any of those games we would not have won the league

41 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

try again

Okay the Lowland League was started in 2013  Meadow hadn't been found out at that time. In that season Talbot won the league with Meadow runners up. When the LL was first mentioned Talbot had just stopped the Meadow from doing a three in a row of league titles. Meadow must have known about the LL like any other Junior club so why didn't they use their then sugar daddy to move up a grade?

20 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Okay the Lowland League was started in 2013  Meadow hadn't been found out at that time. In that season Talbot won the league with Meadow runners up. When the LL was first mentioned Talbot had just stopped the Meadow from doing a three in a row of league titles. Meadow must have known about the LL like any other Junior club so why didn't they use their then sugar daddy to move up a grade?

Not sure. You could write to them and ask if you so fancy.

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Popular thinking at the time was that was exactly what the Medda owners were after from what I remember? Bankrolling a Junior club isn't anywhere near the expense of doing similar in the seniors and for a relatively small outlay it wouldn't be too far fetched to see such a club pull it off in that immediate future, because the conversation had already begun about the possibility of a Scottish Pyramid? You cam't buy that kind of exposure for your company on a national scale via the normal routes, so football clubs were the easy option....think the Joeys and the Buffs.

Stuart, I'm guessing that you are maybe too young to remember when your own club turned down (or didn't apply for) the chance to take the league place which was eventually offered to (and subsequently taken by) Ferranti Thistle ?
I'm sure that a joined up system will happen in due course (and I'm looking forward to it) and I'm also pretty sure that Talbot will continue to be a strong club and will find themselves at their appropriate level in that structure.

From the time - when junior football was thriving -
IMG_2134.jpg

19 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Meadow were never consistently sweeping clubs aside season after season with barely a challenge back then.

If we were sweeping clubs aside nowadays like Talbot are, Id start to get bored. Surely you’d want to test yourself against better opposition the same way basically every other league system in the world works.

Surely it's up to the other junior teams to up their challenge of Talbot as opposed to Talbot seeking another challenge? 

Probably apart from 3 or 4 teams in the Premier having a good day and being able to compete with Talbot , i’m afraid it’s just gonna be groundhog day season after season .

You’ll get the odd season where a relatively wealthy benefactor will help out their local team and push them to the title or a cup .

Its took years and years for the Talbot to get to that level with their success on and off the pitch and their playing philosophy and i wouldn’t think their would be many boys playing football who wouldn’t want to join them .

Unfortunately the rest are going to be also rans and win the odd trophy against them but that’s just a temporary fix . This seasons senior Scottish cup success will only make them stronger , financially and in attracting sponsors and future players etc

Im afraid they’ll be at the top for a lot more years to come and its up to others to try and pick up the scraps and compete with them as best as they can .

Good luck to them on Sunday and any luck might see them earn a draw and make even more money to leave all us other junior teams and supporters trailing further behind .

Probably apart from 3 or 4 teams in the Premier having a good day and being able to compete with Talbot , i’m afraid it’s just gonna be groundhog day season after season .

You’ll get the odd season where a relatively wealthy benefactor will help out their local team and push them to the title or a cup .

Its took years and years for the Talbot to get to that level with their success on and off the pitch and their playing philosophy and i wouldn’t think their would be many boys playing football who wouldn’t want to join them .

Unfortunately the rest are going to be also rans and win the odd trophy against them but that’s just a temporary fix . This seasons senior Scottish cup success will only make them stronger , financially and in attracting sponsors and future players etc

Im afraid they’ll be at the top for a lot more years to come and its up to others to try and pick up the scraps and compete with them as best as they can .

Good luck to them on Sunday and any luck might see them earn a draw and make even more money to leave all us other junior teams and supporters trailing further behind .
Honestly it saddens me to see junior teams in decline. If there was a fairer way to share the pot I would be behind it. So many great names that Talbot would play against and we would never know the outcome. Always tough matches against most of the Ayrshire teams.

I really hope all the juniors fans are shouting for The Talbot on Sunday. But I know the reality is that a fair few will be willing us to get a right doing over.

Whatever the outcome I'm sure our boys will give their all.

The Talbot have had 2 extraordinary managers that have achieved extroadinary things. 40 years of almost domination of junior fitba. In-between Knox and Sloan still plenty success but few iffy spells as well even threat of relegation late one season. Amazing to think that wee Tommy was still playing with Buffs when he got Talbot gig , had he not he would probably still be playing lol , he can still go box to box in over 50s. Every club wants to be the Talbot but it's not possible , they are just a phenomenon.

There are a few junior clubs, and some now in EOS league who would have the potential to put up a more effective challenge to Talbots current domination of junior football. IF they had the level of organisation and managerial skill that Talbot currently possess. IF they had the same level of support from the community in which they operate. IF they possessed the self belief in their own abilities and never say die attitude that Talbot have had in spades for many years now.

It will end some day, no doubt about it, nothing lasts forever, and some day the old Auchinleck greybeards will reminisce about the good old days when Talbot ruled the roost in the remote northern outpost of Alba instead of languishing in tier 42 of the World soccer organisation and hoping for a cup draw against Antarctica Albion Rangers.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:42, Bella La ghostie said:

People can and do have similar views that disagree with yours,  but they get the same treatment as anyone who doesn't comply to thoughts and opinions of some pro pyramid folk on here. Abused, discredited , made out to be someone else who was similarly discounted, rounded on.  Anyone who dares say that the West region top league is an attractive prospect is rubbished, ganged up on by the same individuals, who are zealots. You actually do not know me, but have decided to label me because it suites your agenda. The same reason as why you consider it OK to make public a PM, something that in any organisation should be kept private no matter what they think of the content. But it suites your agenda and therefore is justified. This displays a deep lack of integrity in the forum, and those who think this type of conduct is fine. 

Mods confirmed its you Isa. Stop belittling yourself even further, well further than you can go after the hideous Nazi rant, by pretending.

On 03/02/2019 at 09:12, Nocknosh1988 said:

Another embarrassing thread by yourself. Feel sorry for the many Talbot fans who you embarrass going on like this about the club. 

A passer bye mate who jumped on the bandwagon of success. Yes it is embarrassing for the guys who knew the bad times

31 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The site owner put it on social media because you are such a fucking moon unit.

What a roaster.

Yes, so you said. So the site owner considers it acceptable to publish a private message because he didn’t like the content, do you think that is an acceptable way to conduct a public forum? 

Archived