Talbot just keep rolling on....

TFW

2 hours ago, TFW said:

.......................and today's 7-0 win at the Peasy was testament to nobody at the club taking it in the slightest bit easy with next Sunday's game at Tynecastle looming large. A great all round performance, one that might have given the watching Craig Levein a few things to think about.

That is now 28 wins out of their last 32 games and just the one defeat in that time, and the last 12 games have all been won.  In our 18 away games so far this season we have won 17 and drawn 1. The team is getting better and better, and when you have the luxury of being able to bring on Shankland, McIlroy and Kemp as second half substitutes - as we did last week and again today - the strength in depth is there for all to see. The win today means we are now just 11 points behind Hurlford with 7 games in hand, and their postponement today means we won't miss any extra league games than them at the moment either as they have to replay Rossvale next week.

Next Sunday should see our record breaking run in the Scottish Cup come to an end but you just never know. Just enjoying every game as it comes now as this is a very special team indeed.

Barcelona of Junior football 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today's talbot team couldn't live with the amazing talbot teams of the 80s and 90s and think you need to calm down a good bit. 

I agree that this Talbot team and all the other junior teams of today couldn't compete with most 80's/90's teams because they would have been all kicked off the park lol.

Football has moved on and got rid of hard hatchet style players.

Senior teams were littered with these types of players and comparing them to players of today who are into food science and total fitness is ludicrous.

We need guys like Hertha to keep Talbot grounded. Let's not get carried away but look forward to the future, especially a week Sunday against Hearts.

EPPP

Very clinical Talbot the past 2 weeks. Pope contuining his fine form with 2 goals, Wilson and samson seem to be building a good partnership up top and defence rock solid. McPherson has come on leaps and bounds since he first came to Talbot. I’m sure tucker won’t let the boys get carried away as there are still a lot of very good teams competing for all trophies. 

A bold thread to start a week before a match v a team that could give Talbot a severe lesson!

Anyway, for what little it's worth I think the Talbot team that won the League and Scottish unbeaten (2012/13?) were the best Junior side, certainly this century.  The current one is still very good of course.  

10 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Scottish football as a whole was far better in the 80s and 90s and senior teams like Ayr were far better than they're just now, it was a huge difference in standards compared to now for me, Talbot remain the best and the benchmark but I don't see Many - if any current players being better than the likes of Gordon Mills, Hugh lyden, Ross Findlay, Wullie young,  Brian lannon, wee square heid Thomson and co. 

In my opinion the Talbot are far fitter better organised and more skilful than I can ever remember. They have shown that they are  a very good side . It is a pity that the west will lose them when they step up to the Lowland

12 hours ago, TFW said:

.......................and today's 7-0 win at the Peasy was testament to nobody at the club taking it in the slightest bit easy with next Sunday's game at Tynecastle looming large. A great all round performance, one that might have given the watching Craig Levein a few things to think about.

That is now 28 wins out of their last 32 games and just the one defeat in that time, and the last 12 games have all been won.  In our 18 away games so far this season we have won 17 and drawn 1. The team is getting better and better, and when you have the luxury of being able to bring on Shankland, McIlroy and Kemp as second half substitutes - as we did last week and again today - the strength in depth is there for all to see. The win today means we are now just 11 points behind Hurlford with 7 games in hand, and their postponement today means we won't miss any extra league games than them at the moment either as they have to replay Rossvale next week.

Next Sunday should see our record breaking run in the Scottish Cup come to an end but you just never know. Just enjoying every game as it comes now as this is a very special team indeed.

BOAK !!!!!!

10 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Makes it all the stranger that the club are just happy to sweep clubs aside season after season with barely a challenge. You’d think they’d rather test themselves against higher quality opposition (LL/League 2)

#letsmakethisanotherpyramidthread

Says a supporter of a club who were willing to spend a small fortune and took the chance to put the club out the game to do so.  I take no pride in the opening post, it only sets us up for a hatefest by certain parties.

Guest Nocknosh1988
13 hours ago, TFW said:

Another embarrassing thread by yourself. Feel sorry for the many Talbot fans who you embarrass going on like this about the club. 

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Says a supporter of a club who were willing to spend a small fortune and took the chance to put the club out the game to do so.  I take no pride in the opening post, it only sets us up for a hatefest by certain parties.

I fail to see your point that I shouldn’t have an opinion because the club I support payed some players a lot of money years ago. I wasn’t in control of that.

1 minute ago, .Stuart. said:

I fail to see your point that I shouldn’t have an opinion because the club I support payed some players a lot of money years ago. I wasn’t in control of that.

It wasn't years ago and went on for a few seasons. Bought success at a heavy price trying to be a big club. I have no problems with the Meadow now, decent club with a hard working committee.

2 hours ago, sweep said:

In my opinion the Talbot are far fitter better organised and more skilful than I can ever remember. They have shown that they are  a very good side . It is a pity that the west will lose them when they step up to the Lowland

Today's team are a very good side but when I'm thinking of my best talbot  teams I will always look back to the late 80s and early to mid 90s talbot teams. 

To this day I've never saw a better junior centre forward than Gordon Mills and them talbot teams had a great mixture of skill and steel and beechwood Park was a right intimidating place to visit back then. 

Was at the game yesterday and it was a non contest after the red card, however would likely have been a non contest anyway as Petershill are a poor side. How their Manager still has his job after numerous 5 or more goal humpings this season is remarkable.

Current Talbot side are in great form but a heavy defeat next week and it could all unravel, or they could do themselves proud and go on to do a clean sweep.

I got asked if I was a pensioner today at Petershill when paying my money. This happens a lot much to the delight of some fellow fans. If any gatemen are reading I'm a tall, svelt, silver haired chappie who is willing to pay his £6.

Archived