Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
TFW

Talbot just keep rolling on....

Recommended Posts

.......................and today's 7-0 win at the Peasy was testament to nobody at the club taking it in the slightest bit easy with next Sunday's game at Tynecastle looming large. A great all round performance, one that might have given the watching Craig Levein a few things to think about.

That is now 28 wins out of their last 32 games and just the one defeat in that time, and the last 12 games have all been won.  In our 18 away games so far this season we have won 17 and drawn 1. The team is getting better and better, and when you have the luxury of being able to bring on Shankland, McIlroy and Kemp as second half substitutes - as we did last week and again today - the strength in depth is there for all to see. The win today means we are now just 11 points behind Hurlford with 7 games in hand, and their postponement today means we won't miss any extra league games than them at the moment either as they have to replay Rossvale next week.

Next Sunday should see our record breaking run in the Scottish Cup come to an end but you just never know. Just enjoying every game as it comes now as this is a very special team indeed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall a couple of seasons ago whilst walking out of Medda Park at the end of the Ardagh Cup final where Talbot lost to Kilbirnie, some Talbot fans were saying coming out the ground that they would never go back to watch Talbot whilst he was the manager as he was at fault for losing that game. I remember a few neutrals laughing at the Talbot support and a few shouts of we'll take him were heard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I recall a couple of seasons ago whilst walking out of Medda Park at the end of the Ardagh Cup final where Talbot lost to Kilbirnie, some Talbot fans were saying coming out the ground that they would never go back to watch Talbot whilst he was the manager as he was at fault for losing that game. I remember a few neutrals laughing at the Talbot support and a few shouts of we'll take him were heard.
Was there not a statement from the club in relation to Sloan at that point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talbot have fair weather fickle fans like every other club. We still have them even now ffs. Those type of fans make the game more entertaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The final result was result was probably never in doubt but you played against 10 men for 75 minutes. Don't get too carried away. I'm sure Craig Levein has played against teams before who launch the ball up the park and press the second ball. I'm sure Hearts won't be as poor at defending set pieces at peasy. Having said that good luck to Talbot next week, spoke to a lot of decent guys today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talbot this year are in top gear and credit to all concerned. This must be the best team in the history of junior football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

The one man wolf pack thing, does that mean loner? :blink:

Wtf is that reply? Aye mate I'm just a lonely guy that's followed the same club win or lose for a lifetime. Not that you'd know how that feels. I gave Talbot credit but I didn't see you disagreeing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see past Talbot for a clean sweep of the trophies this season. They looked ruthless when we played them last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I can't see past Talbot for a clean sweep of the trophies this season. They looked ruthless when we played them last week.

Can't fault them for fitness and work rate. Hard to compete with. They are relentless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TFW said:

.......................and today's 7-0 win at the Peasy was testament to nobody at the club taking it in the slightest bit easy with next Sunday's game at Tynecastle looming large. A great all round performance, one that might have given the watching Craig Levein a few things to think about.

That is now 28 wins out of their last 32 games and just the one defeat in that time, and the last 12 games have all been won.  In our 18 away games so far this season we have won 17 and drawn 1. The team is getting better and better, and when you have the luxury of being able to bring on Shankland, McIlroy and Kemp as second half substitutes - as we did last week and again today - the strength in depth is there for all to see. The win today means we are now just 11 points behind Hurlford with 7 games in hand, and their postponement today means we won't miss any extra league games than them at the moment either as they have to replay Rossvale next week.

Next Sunday should see our record breaking run in the Scottish Cup come to an end but you just never know. Just enjoying every game as it comes now as this is a very special team indeed.

 

Zzzzzzzzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sweep said:

Talbot this year are in top gear and credit to all concerned. This must be the best team in the history of junior football

Today's talbot team couldn't live with the amazing talbot teams of the 80s and 90s and think you need to calm down a good bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Today's talbot team couldn't live with the amazing talbot teams of the 80s and 90s and think you need to calm down a good bit. 

Only my opinion .Do you think Talbot teams of the past would have reached this stage of the Scottish? Do i detect a touch of jealously because a neutral is praising Talbot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sweep said:

Only my opinion .Do you think Talbot teams of the past would have reached this stage of the Scottish? Do i detect a touch of jealously because a neutral is praising Talbot

Scottish football as a whole was far better in the 80s and 90s and senior teams like Ayr were far better than they're just now, it was a huge difference in standards compared to now for me, Talbot remain the best and the benchmark but I don't see Many - if any current players being better than the likes of Gordon Mills, Hugh lyden, Ross Findlay, Wullie young,  Brian lannon, wee square heid Thomson and co. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I can't see past Talbot for a clean sweep of the trophies this season. They looked ruthless when we played them last week.

Makes it all the stranger that the club are just happy to sweep clubs aside season after season with barely a challenge. You’d think they’d rather test themselves against higher quality opposition (LL/League 2)

 

#letsmakethisanotherpyramidthread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×