My next car/PCP

Dindeleux

As always I cannot make an OP with any kind of detail.

Anyway my current car I have on a PCP deal.  The 3 year term runs out in August but I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can go get a new car on PCP just now and (hopefully not) if I'm going to have to make any kind of lump sum payment.  Can I just walk into any showroom and explain my situation and, to get the sale, they will pay up the remainder of my current deal and then move me onto a new one?

Or no?

Anyway my current car I have on a PCP deal.  The 3 year term runs out in August but I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can go get a new car on PCP just now and (hopefully not) if I'm going to have to make any kind of lump sum payment.  Can I just walk into any showroom and explain my situation and, to get the sale, they will pay up the remainder of my current deal and then move me onto a new one?
Or no?
Just go into a showroom and ask. They will get this every day I expect.

Anything is possible it might not be cost effective though.

Just now, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Just go into a showroom and ask. They will get this every day I expect.

Anything is possible it might not be cost effective though.

Great help mate cheers..........

Or no?

They might particularly if your not getting a factory ordered car. Best thing to do is to phone up the finance company and get settlement figure- this is what they'll do in the showroom anyways. Find out if the rough value of the car to see if you are in negative equity or not. If you are, as long as it's not too big the new dealership will likely cover it but you'll be without a sizable deposit and the monthly payments will suffer because of it. If your have value in the car, gives you a bit of flexibility when it comes to negotiating the new deal.

1 minute ago, nelsjfc said:

They might particularly if your not getting a factory ordered car. Best thing to do is to phone up the finance company and get settlement figure- this is what they'll do in the showroom anyways. Find out if the rough value of the car to see if you are in negative equity or not. If you are, as long as it's not too big the new dealership will likely cover it but you'll be without a sizable deposit and the monthly payments will suffer because of it. If your have value in the car, gives you a bit of flexibility when it comes to negotiating the new deal.

My current car is a diesel and I've been told, by a work colleague with no expertise, that I will be in negative equity as a result.

Is there a car version of compare the market where I can go and find out rough monthly prices for PCP deals so I can have a rough idea of how much my new car would cost me?

1 minute ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Feel bad now. Tell you what, send me over your paperwork, bank details and driving license and I'll do the admin for you.

Might need a bank statement or council tax bill or something as well just in case.

If you have a holding account at your bank how about I just transfer you £20,000 and you can get the car delivered to me and make the monthly payments from that holding account?

27 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

This post will be interesting.

Doubt it!!

26 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Or no?

Mate of mine has got his cars on such deals for years now. Always goes for lowest millage allowance to keep payments down and doesn't bother his arse keeping to it. He will take out a deal with BMW then go to Mercedes then back to BMW then back to Mercedes. None of them gives a toss what his previous deal was. Smug c**t but it would appear to be dooable. 

14 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Doubt it!!

Mate of mine has got his cars on such deals for years now. Always goes for lowest millage allowance to keep payments down and doesn't bother his arse keeping to it. He will take out a deal with BMW then go to Mercedes then back to BMW then back to Mercedes. None of them gives a toss what his previous deal was. Smug c**t but it would appear to be dooable. 

So does the new dealer pay off his contract with the old one?

37 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

So does the new dealer pay off his contract with the old one?

Not exactly sure how it works, but he swears by it. He's tried to explain it but i'm a bit thick and i'd just bought mine as retirement present to myself so didn't really give a f**k. 

2 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Not exactly sure how it works, but he swears by it. He's tried to explain it but i'm a bit thick and i'd just bought mine as retirement present to myself so didn't really give a f**k. 

Good on him anyway. I just buy as reliable cars as I can find about 3 years old with low mileage at a lowish price and take them to the scrappy when the MOT gets too expensive to get through, so have no idea either.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

My current car is a diesel and I've been told, by a work colleague with no expertise, that I will be in negative equity as a result.

Is there a car version of compare the market where I can go and find out rough monthly prices for PCP deals so I can have a rough idea of how much my new car would cost me?

Got to Autotrader and select to search by monthly budget. The prices  come up based on a £1k deposit so easy enough to tinker with it a bit. Also, look for your own car on there (ie age, mileage, colour etc) and you’ll get an idea of its resale value (so if you get a settlement you’ll know where you are in terms of negative equity). The dealer will probably give you about £1.5k less than the resale value. 

Just forget your pcp terms etc. The finance company give you or the garage a settlement and if the negative equity isn’t too hellish the dealership can probably work out something. For example instead of giving you £2k off a new car they’ll give you £1k and clear your £1k negative equity. You get the new car not quite as cheap pm bit you’re not being asked to fork out a big sum to cover your negative equity.

As someone says phone up finance company and find out what you have left.

I would then stick your car through the we buy any car site (fake email etc) and that gives you a rough idea of what the difference is.

As for rough costings on a new one??? Stick a finger in the air and puck a number!!! We went to 4 garages and they all beat the one before, went to a 5th and he couldn’t get close and said go to the place that gave you that as that’s an amazing deal. I suspect he thought I was bullshiting.

I save a fortune on these deals, I swap every 3 years and do less that 2-3000 a year.

4 minutes ago, steelmen said:

As someone says phone up finance company and find out what you have left.

I would then stick your car through the we buy any car site (fake email etc) and that gives you a rough idea of what the difference is.

As for rough costings on a new one??? Stick a finger in the air and puck a number!!! We went to 4 garages and they all beat the one before, went to a 5th and he couldn’t get close and said go to the place that gave you that as that’s an amazing deal. I suspect he thought I was bullshiting.

I save a fortune on these deals, I swap every 3 years and do less that 2-3000 a year.

https://10minutemail.net/

Archived