Hearts vs Talbot. What will the bookie's odds be?

TFW

Like many other Talbot fans, and other Junior fans that am aware of, I took advantage of the very generous odds of 14/1 for the Ayr game to reap a substantial sum of money for nothing. 

Hearts away, a week on Sunday, is a huge step up from playing Ayr at home, so will the odds be accordingly lengthened or will they have learned their lesson re getting their fingers burnt?

I have kept £20 back in the account after taking the rest out very quickly and am probably going to have 4 smaller bets, all based on a positive result for Talbot - either the draw or the win - to see if I can fund a second free foreign holiday courtesy of Paddy Power.

Thoughts on the game, and the odds likely to be available? I reckon we must be at least 25/1 to win away at Tynecastle, in which case the draw will also be a very attractive proposition?

Seems like Talbot are maybe a top of SFL2 / lower SFL1 kind of side , so the odds should be similar to the last few times Hearts have played teams like that. As I remember, without bothering to look it up, Hearts record in these games is a bit shaky, so you are in with a shout :)

7 minutes ago, corner said:

Seems like Talbot are maybe a top of SFL2 / lower SFL1 kind of side , so the odds should be similar to the last few times Hearts have played teams like that. As I remember, without bothering to look it up, Hearts record in these games is a bit shaky, so you are in with a shout :)

When have we ever lost one of "these games"? Especially at Tynecastle.

3 hours ago, ChoccyChipCuikie said:

Although recently there have not been many I seem to remember a Peterhead defeat in the league cup? Possibly more before my time however. 

Peterhead is the only time I can think of us losing to a League 1/2 team in my time supporting Hearts. It was also a glorified  pre-season friendly and Cathro was our manager so it's not really comparable to this game.

Keep your money, it won't happen, you've done amazing but cmon you won't beat hearts 
That's funny Ayr United said we wouldn't beat them in fact everyone in football thought that and looked what happened so till 4.45 on Sunday u never know what will happen and if hearts think it's going to be a walk over they might be in for a surprise

7 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Keep your money, it won't happen, you've done amazing but cmon you won't beat hearts 

It does seen a tad optimistic but it's been that kind of run for Talbot in fairness but I agree it's probably reality check time.  I'd go so far as to say that if they can beat Hearts then their name is on the trophy. :lol:

Sunday is likely to be the end of the road so hopefully it's similar to last time at Tynecastle and they emerge with loads of credit rather than a sore one. 

7 hours ago, Shanner said:

It does seen a tad optimistic but it's been that kind of run for Talbot in fairness but I agree it's probably reality check time.  I'd go so far as to say that if they can beat Hearts then their name is on the trophy. :lol:

Sunday is likely to be the end of the road so hopefully it's similar to last time at Tynecastle and they emerge with loads of credit rather than a sore one. 

I fully concur with the above, but even you use the term "likely" and that's where the 1 in 100 type bet looks attractive.

Although I backed Talbot at 14/1 to beat Ayr I hadn't looked at the odds on the score, which I believe 1-0 was 66/1? I know we are theoretically five grades below Hearts, but have kept £20 from my winning specifically for this game and it will go on the scores for a win and a draw.. Obviously it's more in fun than anything else, but if the unimaginable does happen I don't want to say I didn't have the confidence to back the Talbot.

William Hill the same, albeit they only had Talbot at 17/2 on the day of the game when Paddy Power and BET 365 were both 14/1. Will wait and see their prices before doing anything.

Archived