Stranraer v Stenny

3 hours ago, beaver1 said:

Happy it is off as hopefully will be rearranged when we have more fit players, but why on earth was the rescheduled date so close to the original date? 

The call-off on Saturday was due to a frozen pitch.  The forecast milder weather did, as expected, thaw it out and tonight should have been ok, but the volume of rain over several hours was far more than forecast.

Well done to the club, getting pitch inspections as early as they were able, but they'll never get it right for some folk!  Hope no-one had travelled too far before getting the news it was off.  I remember driving from Portpatrick to Inverness for a cup replay.  As we arrived we were told there was a pitch inspection!!  Fortunately the ref was happy with the snow being swept to the side of the pitch , and pitchforks being wielded at half-time.  If it had been called off I'd have pitched a tent on the spot!

Aye pitch was solid at weekend. Then it thawed monday.  I travelled from glasgow. Tuesday afternoon game off not surprisingly due to torrential rain all afternoon. Back up road in 1hr35min.  Water on road was horrific.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'm sure the game will be fine today. It was a beautiful day in Stranraer yesterday and is again today in the East of D&G - which is where I am meaning I'll sadly miss this.

Yes 3 points is a must - for Stranraer please!

Archived