How's the grounds looking?

Blackie Gold

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Juniors up North have made Friday decisions (it is rock solid up here, with frozen-snow cover,  the car said -10 this morning!) :  http://northregion-jfa.pitchero.com/match-info/fixtures
Surely the West ought to have rules that allow clarity to be declared on a Friday, whenever any have absolutely no chance.

Tropical climate in the West

14 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Juniors up North have made Friday decisions (it is rock solid up here, with frozen-snow cover,  the car said -10 this morning!) :  http://northregion-jfa.pitchero.com/match-info/fixtures

Surely the West ought to have rules that allow clarity to be declared on a Friday, whenever any have absolutely no chance.

The time for a change of the rules is not today, it's too late for that. But when the AGM's come around everyone has forgotten about it, so nothing changes. Next winter we will have the same situation and still the same guidelines to adhere to.

I know we're looking at an almost total wipe-out of tomorrow's fixtures, but until tomorrow, all games are on.

The time for a change of the rules is not today, it's too late for that. But when the AGM's come around everyone has forgotten about it, so nothing changes. Next winter we will have the same situation and still the same guidelines to adhere to.
I know we're looking at an almost total wipe-out of tomorrow's fixtures, but until tomorrow, all games are on.
Fair point

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

I get that, Its more about the time. If Hurlford and Larkhall are not playable today, I would doubt very much they would be playable tomorrow.  So if game C was then to be played, (which is more likely)  it would at least give both teams a chance to prepare, sort catering etc. 

As I say, not having a go, but I think the rules need looked at for call offs

I assume that all parties involved are happy enough with the time period between games being called off ,this has happened for many years in the east so Kennie is to be applauded for allowing games to be rearranged in the event of call offs . Keep up the good work Kennie

16 minutes ago, Col Hardie said:

St Rochs v Largs Thistle postponed Thursday night, 

Unofficially it looks 99.9% unlikely that St Roch's v Largs will go ahead - Officially there will be a final try with the under soil heating and unicorn piss this evening

To be fair to Kennie he makes a good point but in exceptional circumstances like this weekend it might be prudent to allow teams to call games off from the Friday afternoon (24 hours before) IF there is further frost forecast through the night, Just saves unnecessary planning for travel etc and allow away teams to reorganise training etc.

I totally get Dan man's point it's absolutely ridiculous to wait till 9/10 to call of games then arrange another game within 4 hrs arranging food , hospitality,stewarding etc and especially for Dalry fans trying to get to Glasgow.
Also I have a booked a bus for Larkhall for next Saturday so do I wait to monday to cancel as it's not opened over the weekend as that game will now be rescheduled .

7 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

People are kidding themselves on that even 3G is playable in this weather. Will still be dangerous even if there's not frost sitting on the top of the surface.

You are right we started a friendly last year at Broadwood against cumbernauld colts and it got called off after 55 mins as the 3g pitch was frozen

Joonyer fitba is slowly emerging from the Stoneage and Kennie is playing big part in that with a fixtures scenario that seemed nigh impossible to obtain only a season ago. Hopefully somebody will remind their delegate to raise the early postponement issue prior to AGM...and prior to the onset of alcohol consumption...then it may actually have a chance to be voted on. 

Archived