How's the grounds looking?

Blackie Gold

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Kennie needs to come on and explain why junior games have to wait until a saturday morning to be called off yet senior games are currently being called off. This does not help players who may want to take an extra shift or fans who want to organise things for the weekend. Common sense should prevail.

It's not for me to change what has been laid down as the procedure for pitch inspections and call-offs.

But just to give you an example, one team contacted me last Wednesday to tell me their park would definitely not be playable on Saturday.

I explained the procedure and advised the club to follow the procedure as normal. Come Saturday, the park was playable and the game went ahead.

Imagine the uproar if a team had given their players the go ahead to make other plans only to be told on Saturday morning that the game was on.

I have already been inundated with phone calls this morning, but they have all been told the same. You cannot officially call a game off until Saturday.

It's not my rules, it's the club's rules.

3 minutes ago, Kennie said:

It's not for me to change what has been laid down as the procedure for pitch inspections and call-offs.

But just to give you an example, one team contacted me last Wednesday to tell me their park would definitely not be playable on Saturday.

I explained the procedure and advised the club to follow the procedure as normal. Come Saturday, the park was playable and the game went ahead.

Imagine the uproar if a team had given their players the go ahead to make other plans only to be told on Saturday morning that the game was on.

I have already been inundated with phone calls this morning, but they have all been told the same. You cannot officially call a game off until Saturday.

It's not my rules, it's the club's rules.

Hi Kennie, not having a go, but if that's the case, why have Rossvale and Dalry been told they may have a game on the astro at Huntershill if both their original games are off ( Hurlford & Larkhall) which I would bet are off. Sat call off doesn't leave much time to organise for players, officials, fans ......

6 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Hi Kennie, not having a go, but if that's the case, why have Rossvale and Dalry been told they may have a game on the astro at Huntershill if both their original games are off ( Hurlford & Larkhall) which I would bet are off. Sat call off doesn't leave much time to organise for players, officials, fans ......

You've actually answered it yourself. 

I've nothing against teams looking to organise a provisional fixture as long as it is not an attempt to circumvent the discipline procedure, ie - getting a player's suspension cleared to allow him to play in the cup.

Being a provisional fixture it is only on the basis that both original games are off.

3 minutes ago, Kennie said:

You've actually answered it yourself. 

I've nothing against teams looking to organise a provisional fixture as long as it is not an attempt to circumvent the discipline procedure, ie - getting a player's suspension cleared to allow him to play in the cup.

Being a provisional fixture it is only on the basis that both original games are off.

My point those is, if the original games aren't called off until Saturday, it doesn't leave a lot of time for players, fans etc....  

5 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Surely it's quite easy to grasp that if Game A and Game B are both off Game C is on.

If Game A or Game B is on Game C will not happen.

I get that, Its more about the time. If Hurlford and Larkhall are not playable today, I would doubt very much they would be playable tomorrow.  So if game C was then to be played, (which is more likely)  it would at least give both teams a chance to prepare, sort catering etc. 

As I say, not having a go, but I think the rules need looked at for call offs

Archived