Live games

Guest Flash

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

I don't give a tinkers cuss if nobody wants to watch it on telly.

And the SPFL will already have the TV money - they should control the terms of sale of TV games. Bottom line is fans should always come first and the TV audience will be what it will be. Fans should be able to plan ahead to attend the games they wish to. Not get fixtures shifted at even six weeks notice.  I've already got business travel fixed meaning I can't make one of our away games in March - I could have come back earlier had I known.

Except that they only get the money because the TV company get to decide what to show. The BBC or Sky or anyone would have absolutely no interest in paying the SPFL for TV only to be told what games they had to show.

All this and the Premiership are hoovering up all the extra cash, you genuinely couldn’t write it. I look forward to no team moaning about relegation and the massive differance in finances in the championship - yall voted for it.

Disappointed but not surprised by all the negative comments on here. Anything that gets the lower leagues more exposure is good in my books. They should be for more local games for a 7:05 KO time but I understand why they have done it. Why shouldn't the SPFL take a bit of money to show some games rather than no money at all? Hopefully, the viewing figures are better than expected and it helps clubs expand their exposure and allows those unable to get to games to watch for FREE. League games on council telly.

All in all, I really hope it works out  

39 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Disappointed but not surprised by all the negative comments on here. Anything that gets the lower leagues more exposure is good in my books. They should be for more local games for a 7:05 KO time but I understand why they have done it. Why shouldn't the SPFL take a bit of money to show some games rather than no money at all? Hopefully, the viewing figures are better than expected and it helps clubs expand their exposure and allows those unable to get to games to watch for FREE. League games on council telly.

All in all, I really hope it works out  

Can we drop this all in it together SPFL, the premiership are going to be creaming off the vast majority of the money and almost none will be headed for the lower leagues.

The BBC quite clearly showed their hand in respect to giving the lower leagues coverage by giving great coverage of a certain team as they came through the divisions and then suddenly stopping all coverage all together - we are being used as cheap filler. I also really hope that after this season they decide that an hour long news programme on a Friday night really isn't what folk want and a traditional 7:45 kick off can be put back in with local games and great coverage. I mean what on earth is their pre match build up going to be with 5 mins of discussion, it will probably be the same old faces rolled out who really know very little and care even less about our level of football.

5 hours ago, Adam101 said:

All this and the Premiership are hoovering up all the extra cash, you genuinely couldn’t write it.

That’s because the lower league clubs demanded that all SPFL income go into a single pot. 

Funny how there’s no complaints from Championship and below teams about them getting a slice of the Sky/BT TV money despite the overwhelming majority of games being from the top flight. 

6 hours ago, The Master said:

That’s because the lower league clubs demanded that all SPFL income go into a single pot. 

Funny how there’s no complaints from Championship and below teams about them getting a slice of the Sky/BT TV money despite the overwhelming majority of games being from the top flight. 

A slice? More like the crumbs, I would imagine that all the teams wanted one SPFL pot because in all honesty how much do you think Ladbrokes are paying to sponsor league 2 when all the Premiership clubs will be getting massive traveling supports you could make a argument for the winners or league 2 getting a bigger slice of the prize money than finishing bottom of the Premiership or Championship 

Can we drop this all in it together SPFL, the premiership are going to be creaming off the vast majority of the money and almost none will be headed for the lower leagues.
The BBC quite clearly showed their hand in respect to giving the lower leagues coverage by giving great coverage of a certain team as they came through the divisions and then suddenly stopping all coverage all together - we are being used as cheap filler. I also really hope that after this season they decide that an hour long news programme on a Friday night really isn't what folk want and a traditional 7:45 kick off can be put back in with local games and great coverage. I mean what on earth is their pre match build up going to be with 5 mins of discussion, it will probably be the same old faces rolled out who really know very little and care even less about our level of football.

I’d hope with it being a new channel they’ll give some new faces and voices a chance on the Championship coverage.

If they followed the Alba model of short and sweet intro and finish with some interesting features during half time I’d take that.

I would imagine that all the teams wanted one SPFL pot because in all honesty how much do you think Ladbrokes are paying to sponsor league 2 when all the Premiership clubs will be getting massive traveling supports

Well, yes, exactly. The Premiership clubs are the reason that most of the money comes into the SPFL, so it follows that they take a bigger cut of it.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

A slice? More like the crumbs, I would imagine that all the teams wanted one SPFL pot because in all honesty how much do you think Ladbrokes are paying to sponsor league 2 when all the Premiership clubs will be getting massive traveling supports you could make a argument for the winners or league 2 getting a bigger slice of the prize money than finishing bottom of the Premiership or Championship 

Slice, crumbs, whatever you want to call it - the point is that you're complaining about Premiership clubs "hoovering up all* the extra cash" from this deal, but weren't complaining about Championship clubs "hoovering up" a disproportionate amount of cash from the Sky/BT deal.

You can't have it both ways.

*It's not "all" anyway; it's the same percentage split to all divisions as the rest of the prize money.

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

You could make an argument, it would just be a really shite one. 

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Slice, crumbs, whatever you want to call it - the point is that you're complaining about Premiership clubs "hoovering up all* the extra cash" from this deal, but weren't complaining about Championship clubs "hoovering up" a disproportionate amount of cash from the Sky/BT deal.

*It's not "all" anyway; it's the same percentage split to all divisions as the rest of the prize money.

Using the reported numbers for the BBC Championship deal (£700,000 pa)and the Sky Premiership deal (£32m pa) and the prize money allocations (note that the differences in the totals go to the League 1 and 2 clubs)

Premiership clubs get £575,750 pa from the BBC deal and the Championship clubs get £84,350.

Premiership clubs get £26,320,000 pa from the Sky deal and the Championship clubs get £3,856,000.

So, if the Championship clubs wanted to keep 100% of the BBC deal, they would have to give up £3,856,000 in order to keep £700,000.

Figures might not be totally accurate, but the principle is the same. I think the only Championship games included in the Sky deal are the promotion play-offs, which are technically Premiership play-off games.

4 hours ago, The Naitch said:

I’d hope with it being a new channel they’ll give some new faces and voices a chance on the Championship coverage.

If they followed the Alba model of short and sweet intro and finish with some interesting features during half time I’d take that.

That would be great, however I doubt it.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

The Sky Deal covers the whole of the SPFL I thought? and certinally includes all the play off games which feature 3 championship clubs and 1 premiership clubs. I was more complaining that every team who gets relegated complains about the huge differances in budgets in the championship and in the premiership which isint helped by the fact the premiership gets really good away supports and the vast majority of the TV money. The BBC get away with daylight robery paying pennies for showing sportscene when their counterparts in England set a precedant for paying way over the odds for the show.

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This would be a rubbish idea though - at this time of year you'd end up with meaningless mid-table matches which nobody wants to watch.

They still show those games though.  Off the top of my head these are/have been on TV:

Hearts v Livi

Motherwell v Hearts

Livi v Hibs

• 3 weeks later...

Greenock Morton v Falkirk (Kick-off 7.05pm). Steven Thompson and Scott McDonald present coverage of the Scottish Championship encounter at Cappielow Park. The match sees Falkirk boss Ray McKinnon visit the club he left after just three months in charge, and his former employers got the best of him the last time the sides met here, prevailing 1-0 in October thanks to a goal by Robert McHugh. With commentary from Liam McLeod and Billy Dodds.

Greenock Morton v Falkirk (Kick-off 7.05pm). Steven Thompson and Scott McDonald present coverage of the Scottish Championship encounter at Cappielow Park.

Steven Thompson and Scott McDonald present coverage

SlUPWTz.gif?noredirect 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:54, Scosha said:

Due to our game being moved to the Friday 1st March, we'll have 3 games in the space of 7 days since we've got QOS at home on the Tuesday before.  

So what? You're not Sevco or Celtic, are you?

BTW, I think it's 3 in 11 days.

9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

image.png.0a568229c3178dc2c3cc407afe4eccfa.png

Quite clearly 3 in 7 days. Hardly ideal! 

Apologies; I was working forward from the QOS game so misunderstood you.

You're spot on, it's not ideal but, as I say, you're neither of the Ugly Sisters so nobody gives a f**k.

Archived