Live games

Guest Flash

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Apologies; I was working forward from the QOS game so misunderstood you.

You're spot on, it's not ideal but, as I say, you're neither of the Ugly Sisters so nobody gives a f**k.

That would be Celtic that are playing Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday next week (a schedule worse than Saturday-Tuesday-Friday)?

There's plenty to complain about when it comes to the authorities and Celtic/Sevco. This really isn't one of them. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Master said:

That would be Celtic that are playing Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday next week (a schedule worse than Saturday-Tuesday-Friday)?

There's plenty to complain about when it comes to the authorities and Celtic/Sevco. This really isn't one of them. 

Plus a game tomorrow in Spain so it's four in nine days (21/2 to 2/3).

Disappointed that Liam McLeod has got the nod for this. With it being a new presentation team (The Master has already summed that situation up nicely) it would have been good to hear someone else like John Barnes get a shot.

44 minutes ago, The Master said:

Well, so they are.

High time the elite started to get treated the same as the rest of us plebs!

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, so they are.

High time the elite started to get treated the same as the rest of us plebs!

Celtic and Sevco regularly play Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday. 

But let’s not allow the facts to get in the way, eh. 

45 minutes ago, The Master said:

Celtic and Sevco regularly play Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday. 

But let’s not allow the facts to get in the way, eh. 

Certainly not.

I admit to having a slightly irrational dislike of the cheeks due to the pandering that the authorities and others have done over the years. Don't think that going to change any time soon.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

Disappointed that Liam McLeod has got the nod for this. With it being a new presentation team (The Master has already summed that situation up nicely) it would have been good to hear someone else like John Barnes get a shot.

I like the energy Liam McLeod brings but agree that it would be great to hear new voices on this new coverage.

Do the BBC just have a wheel of pundits and if you are unlucky enough to have it land on you then you're it. this programme would have been the perfect opportunity to give some lower league players a shot, especially ones who could articulate what its like to play at this level not the pish McDonald and Thomson will trot out. I would have gone for Sean Murdoch and Danny Denholm  (not because they are (ex) pars) but both are reasonably articulate and have played in the lower leagues most of their careers and might be able to give genuine insight. Until the BBC hear it loud an clear that we don't want the same old faces trotted out at every opportunity then they will continue to do so.

I'm sure we all have pundits we would prefer to see than Scott "Irregardless" McDonald and Steven "£500k EBT" Thomson, who would be on your short list?

Why not email the head of commissioning and BBC Scotland - steve.carson@bbc.co.uk

19 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Certainly not.

I admit to having a slightly irrational dislike of the cheeks due to the pandering that the authorities and others have done over the years. Don't think that going to change any time soon.

There is nothing irrational about disliking those skid marks.

• 2 weeks later...

It was good to see the actual match coverage last night was a step up from the usual Alba offering, with more cameras. 

The joint presentation with Thompson and McDonald was just bizarre though. It might have worked with two stronger personalities but neither are exactly dripping with charisma. 

I notice Thompson is down to present Monday’s Cup game as well. 

34 minutes ago, The Master said:

It was good to see the actual match coverage last night was a step up from the usual Alba offering, with more cameras. 

The joint presentation with Thompson and McDonald was just bizarre though. It might have worked with two stronger personalities but neither are exactly dripping with charisma. 

I notice Thompson is down to present Monday’s Cup game as well. 

I think he’d be better, if only slightly, on his own. 

Despite being dubious of this its was actually ok. the feature at half time were always a strong suit of BBC alba, however I thought it was a bit odd to have the Dundee United chairman speaking in a game between Morton and Falkirk when more obvious choices would have been to have the Morton manager speaking about his first gig in management or Ray crossing the divide and the clubs stumping up a fine for that move. I think it will be interesting when they cover Partick thistle games as obviously McDonald won't be able to do his bit of the gig and see if that partnership works better as at the start of the programme he kept cutting across Thomson, he also said rather bizarrely that both teams will be happy with the point and then 5 mins later saying that Falkirk will be the happier of the 2 teams to get the point, surely insinuating that Morton would be unhappy with the point, which I would agree with. Nice to see some coverage albeit briefly of the Woman's team. The BBC should be all over them like a rash Scotland hasn't had a team in an major finals since 1998, lets give them coverage in this new channel 

Archived