Live games

Guest Flash

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RiG said:

What is the BBCs sudden obsession with this kick off time?

It's presumably to get Eastenders etc on after before the the news at 10.

You are correct - it's BBCScotland - the new channel.

All League fixtures that are going to be televised should be determined before the season starts and the fixture list is announced.  Folk can then plan their lives if they wish to attend the games they wish to see. Oh, and 7.05 kick off times can go in the sea. No game should start before 7:30 - it's hard enough for away fans as it is. 

The kick-off time will be because the new channel has a commitment to showing an hour-long news programme at 9pm. 

I'm not sure why they couldn't have gone for Saturday night instead, with a 7.45pm kick-off.  I can't imagine many Championship fixtures where the potential for all-day drinking is a concern.

2 hours ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

You are correct - it's BBCScotland - the new channel.

All League fixtures that are going to be televised should be determined before the season starts and the fixture list is announced.  Folk can then plan their lives if they wish to attend the games they wish to see. Oh, and 7.05 kick off times can go in the sea. No game should start before 7:30 - it's hard enough for away fans as it is. 

This would be a rubbish idea though - at this time of year you'd end up with meaningless mid-table matches which nobody wants to watch.

I don't give a tinkers cuss if nobody wants to watch it on telly.

And the SPFL will already have the TV money - they should control the terms of sale of TV games. Bottom line is fans should always come first and the TV audience will be what it will be. Fans should be able to plan ahead to attend the games they wish to. Not get fixtures shifted at even six weeks notice.  I've already got business travel fixed meaning I can't make one of our away games in March - I could have come back earlier had I known.

This would be a rubbish idea though - at this time of year you'd end up with meaningless mid-table matches which nobody wants to watch.

Good. Much better than having meaningful matches where no c**t can make it.

Archived