Scottish Junior Cup Final Venue?

Nugent4nil

St Mirren's park would be a great venue for it, surface is immaculate, perfect capacity for a great atmosphere (not too big) and also location wise very suitable just off the M8 and train stations near by.  Astro shouldn't even be considered for the Junior Scottish final...no one enjoys playing on it.

I haven't seen the point the last few years of a 6 or 7 week gap between the semis and the final. Second leg of the semis are on 7th April this year, surely the final can be played in early or mid May rather than wait until only a handful of venues are available?
I don't think the date of the final has been confirmed this year so I think the SJFA will be looking at possibility of an earlier than normal Junior Cup Final depending on venues available and who is in the semis / final. If Ayrshire teams got a feeling be Rugby Park again.

St Mirren would be good for a change and is perfect capacity on a decent grass surface in my opinion.

On 30/01/2019 at 14:43, megaspinnernet2 said:

don't like rugby park for a junior cup final as it to big and the venue should be somewhere roughly halfway between the 2 clubs  for example broadwood if it was an Auchinleck vs lochee united final as it about half way and an 8000 capacity should be ideal for the junior cup final 

Although I hate the plastic Broadwood in Cumbernauld fits your criteria

Archived