Clexit, and the promotion/relegation implications

glensmad

I asked this question at the start of the season, but as we move towards February without any sign of a resolution over the juniors joining the pyramid or the formation of a West of Scotland League, the prospect of Clydebank leaving to join the East of Scotland League this summer becomes stronger.

My question is, what happens then regarding promotion and relegation ? I would assume that they wouldn't want a Premiership with an unbalanced number of teams, i.e. fifteen. So do they give one of the bottom three teams a reprieve from relegation,  or do they promote a fourth team from the Championship ?

Has this scenario even been discussed by the West Region powers that be ?

31 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I asked this question at the start of the season, but as we move towards February without any sign of a resolution over the juniors joining the pyramid or the formation of a West of Scotland League, the prospect of Clydebank leaving to join the East of Scotland League this summer becomes stronger.

My question is, what happens then regarding promotion and relegation ? I would assume that they wouldn't want a Premiership with an unbalanced number of teams, i.e. fifteen. So do they give one of the bottom three teams a reprieve from relegation,  or do they promote a fourth team from the Championship ?

Would seem an ideal set up for a play off

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Tut tut, you not been reading the 649 page “Junior football, what is the future”. Clydebank scenario has been done to death on there.

4 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

in that scenario they'd surely reprieve the 3rd bottom side - would want to further dilute the standard of Premier by promoting any more than necessary... 

Think it is fair to say, that there won't be too much between 4th in The Championship and 3rd bottom of the Prem to be honest. Rossvale are sitting 5th and drew with top of the table Hurlford at the weekend. St Rochs are 10th and went to 6th place Largs and drew. A playoff would sort it out if it happens 

2 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Think it is fair to say, that there won't be too much between 4th in The Championship and 3rd bottom of the Prem to be honest. Rossvale are sitting 5th and drew with top of the table Hurlford at the weekend. St Rochs are 10th and went to 6th place Largs and drew. A playoff would sort it out if it happens 

i couldnt see a wee winky icon Dan ... it was for Peter's benefit. Not sure what will happen to our application tbh ... 

6 minutes ago, glensmad said:
24 minutes ago, Glenconner said:
Tut tut, you not been reading the 649 page “Junior football, what is the future”. Clydebank scenario has been done to death on there.

But not this particular facet of it.

Certainly been brought up before on one thread or another.

Think the Clydebank moving to EoS was more a stocking horse threat to make sure the West Region moved as one rather than leat summer’s bloodbath in the Eastern Front.

Certainly been brought up before on one thread or another.
Think the Clydebank moving to EoS was more a stocking horse threat to make sure the West Region moved as one rather than leat summer’s bloodbath in the Eastern Front.
I wouldn't bet on that, I understand that Clydebank fully intend to go this summer if there is no West league in the pyramid option. Their members (who own the club) voted for it.

26 minutes ago, glensmad said:

To be fair, from what I've read on here.

If I'm wrong, then please enlighten me.

as ive said - on numerous occasions  'its unclear whats happening. its obviously a different scenario from last year and whether that makes a difference i - like hph - dont know if theres enough progress for us to change / abandon the EOS position.  No longer a club official so speaking for myself here

2 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Think the Clydebank moving to EoS was more a stocking horse threat to make sure the West Region moved as one rather than leat summer’s bloodbath in the Eastern Front

image.thumb.png.081fee99cb4f71a017d88353f59fe6e9.png

Lol

Archived