Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

When was the last time all three leaders won? Seems like ages.

Unfortunately we've blown our chances in recent weeks to take advantage of Dundee United and Ross County losing or drawing, typical.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wuffster said:

I have been critical of Moff in the past but he was excellent today. First goal is a peach.

Looking back at the game we created so many opportunities but often there wasn't a shot (and certainly Parry didn't have much to do). I really like both our fullbacks but I think Harvie is slightly more consistent while Smith is better bombing on.

Loving it tonight as I was quite trepidatious this morning.

Harvie has a wee bombscare moment are in him but I mostly like him, I think Smith often seems quite panicked (maybe he could do with a wee draw of that joint someone was smoking in the gazebo to calm down).  Definitely his best is heading forward and playing the short passes that move the defence about or even just being an option for the opposing defenders to have to consider.  

Good to get a wee chat at half time with you.  

Having just seen the highlights we looked pretty good going forward at times although Alloa’s defending was reminiscent of us last season.

Moff took both his goals really well and the ref has had a bit of a shocker not giving us another penalty at 2-1. Parry was also lucky as there was no attempt whatsoever to win the ball when he fouled Moffat.

Harvie has a wee bombscare moment are in him but I mostly like him, I think Smith often seems quite panicked (maybe he could do with a wee draw of that joint someone was smoking in the gazebo to calm down).  Definitely his best is heading forward and playing the short passes that move the defence about or even just being an option for the opposing defenders to have to consider.  
Good to get a wee chat at half time with you.  

Funnily enough I think Smiths best games this season have been at LB but I’m a big Harvie fan. Just need players to give him the ball more when he overlaps as his crossing is dangerous.

My take on today was, Miller there’s definitely a quality player in there although looked a bit leggy and blowing at times which is to be expected given the game time  he’s had  recently got to get his legs once he gets up to speed he’ll be fine

i liked the look of Cadden good composure and a strong boy made one run that he was really unlucky to score with, you have to remember has not had a lot of games at Livingstone.

Muirhed gave us good presence at the back with Rose and I like that partnership,not rated by the Falkirk boys but hey ho I like what I saw today.

Moffat out standing today and Sir Lawrence not far behind what a difference when he leads the line

Mccall seems to have unearthed a few good signings again

17 minutes ago, wuffster said:

Should have a night out sometime - after the last one I didn't touch a drop for two months! I blame the sandcastle buckets... *shudder*

Yes mate, would be good to arrange this.  Get right on the woo woos again :thumsup2

8 hours ago, wuffster said:

I have been critical of Moff in the past but he was excellent today. First goal is a peach.

Looking back at the game we created so many opportunities but often there wasn't a shot (and certainly Parry didn't have much to do). I really like both our fullbacks but I think Harvie is slightly more consistent while Smith is better bombing on.

Loving it tonight as I was quite trepidatious this morning.

Greenie for one of my favourite words.

I'll not even listen to it before commenting, Goodwin is very good to listen to, usually calls it as he sees it while struggling to hide his frustration at times, I'll take that over the mealy mouthed bullshit loads of managers feed fans any day of the week
Spot on Ayrmad, Jim Goodwin is one of the games good guys.
I hope Alloa stay up this season

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Having just seen the highlights we looked pretty good going forward at times although Alloa’s defending was reminiscent of us last season.

Wasn't our usual defence , one of the centre backs yesterday is actually "a fucking left back".

2nd and 3rd goals are dreadful from an Alloa point of view. Hopefully we'll have Roscoe fit for next week. 

Not much to add to what's been said already, with Oweny and Kobe2010 articulating the Alloa fan view well and the Ayr posters pretty fair.

Moffat was indeed the best player on the park. Didn't know he'd been at the birth of his kid earlier in the day, he must have been running on adrenalin.

Thought we played well again, with Trouts scoring a classy goal. Difficult to ladle too much blame on Liam for the error which lead to the penalty as he again fitted in well at centre half. I had a great view and it was defnitely in the box. Actually thought that was one of the best refs I've seen this season.

Not sure the swapping of Flanny and Kirky worked. Not sure if the reason for that. We played well again though, so onto next week's big game. A win there definitely needed.

Really puzzled by the abuse some fans Ayr dish out to Alan Trouten.  We never saw the best of him, but I think it’s generally accepted that we consistently played him out of position..  

As for the game, it was just great to see Shankland and Moffat playing again, though Shankland didn’t look 100%.   Miller looks like a really good player, so hopefully we can get the best out of him.  McDaid continues to frustrate - for all his pace, he constantly cuts inside to where the trouble is and so rarely comes up with a final ball.

Bell has looked leg weary of late so wasn’t supposed to see him dropped.  That said, I didn’t see much from Muirhead to suggest he’s any better than the options we already have.  We still look really vulnerable at set pieces and under high balls.  Alloa looked well capable of equalising before the 3rd.  

Really puzzled by the abuse some fans Ayr dish out to Alan Trouten.  We never saw the best of him, but I think it’s generally accepted that we consistently played him out of position..  
As for the game, it was just great to see Shankland and Moffat playing again, though Shankland didn’t look 100%.   Miller looks like a really good player, so hopefully we can get the best out of him.  McDaid continues to frustrate - for all his pace, he constantly cuts inside to where the trouble is and so rarely comes up with a final ball.
Bell has looked leg weary of late so wasn’t supposed to see him dropped.  That said, I didn’t see much from Muirhead to suggest he’s any better than the options we already have.  We still look really vulnerable at set pieces and under high balls.  Alloa looked well capable of equalising before the 3rd.  
Think he's has made a point of enthusiastically celebrating his goals against us since he left TBH though he was only with us one season and I don't get the thing you don't celebrate against former clubs, he's certainly done well in his career since leaving us I for one thought he would struggle this year but he's done very well.

2 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

I think the issue with Trouten is that he's scored for fun everywhere he's been apart from his two spells at Ayr which gives the impression he wasn't trying as hard here.

Archived