Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Miller looked like a great addition, showed some good touches and not afraid to have a go, both with passes and ball to feet. Noticed he and McDaid switched wings in the 1st half as well, so good flexibility. Didn’t really see enough of Cadden to make a judgement though.

Moff was superb, thought he has a shout for another penalty too. Great day for him, so all the best to him and Mrs Moff.

Doohan kept us in front with a couple of great saves as Alloa pressed for an equaliser. Some nervous moments but overall a comfortable-ish day at the office.

Need to try to get some consistency in results now.

Thought Miller looked like a great addition, showed some good touches and not afraid to have a go, both with passes and ball to feet. Noticed he and McDaid switched wings in the 1st half as well, so good flexibility. Didn’t really see enough of Cadden to make a judgement though.

Moff was superb, thought he has a shout for another penalty too. Great day for him, so all the best to him and Mrs Moff.

Doohan kept us in front with a couple of great saves as Alloa pressed for an equaliser. Some nervous moments but overall a comfortable-ish day at the office.

Need to try to get some consistency in results now.

Hopefully the break isn't coming at the wrong time. Having another few options will really strengthen our hand - but this league is really tight, and so plenty of points will be dropped.

Never realised the Moff had been at the maternity unit through the night. Explains why he looked so fucked at the end. 

Great way to celebrate though with two goals.. What a guy

Fantastic performance all round...Alloa goal aside which was a poor one to lose. Ross Doohan had two cracking saves and was commanding as ever. And Calvin Miller looks the real deal. If he keeps that level of performance up then we'll be onto a good thing.

I hope Alloa stay up. As a team they try to play football which is more than can be said for some of the 'bigger' clubs who sit in and try and bore us into submission. The corners that were fizzing across caused us no end of problems. Andy Graham taking the piss out of our forwards with some footwork Zidane would have been proud of you can only but admire. Hopefully one of the camera guys can get a couple of snippets of it.

Edit: Anyne know how many goals the Moff has for us now? Would love to see him hit the 100 mark

Never realised the Moff had been at the maternity unit through the night. Explains why he looked so fucked at the end. 
Great way to celebrate though with two goals.. What a guy
Fantastic performance all round...Alloa goal aside which was a poor one to lose. Ross Doohan had two cracking saves and was commanding as ever. And Calvin Miller looks the real deal. If he keeps that level of performance up then we'll be onto a good thing.
I hope Alloa stay up. As a team they try to play football which is more than can be said for some of the 'bigger' clubs who sit in and try and bore us into submission. The corners that were fizzing across caused us no end of problems. Andy Graham taking the piss out of our forwards with some footwork Zidane would have been proud of you can only but admire. Hopefully one of the camera guys can get a couple of snippets of it.

Edit: Anyne know how many goals the Moff has for us now? Would love to see him hit the 100 mark

After today he’s on 86 goals in all comps.

I love Moffat. What a great guy. He was like a man possessed today, Motm by a mile.

Thought Miller looked good. Not convinced by Cadden but he wasn't on for long. Thought Muirhead was decent.

Chuffed with 3 points as Alloa is not an easy place to get a result with that narrow pitch.

Andy Graham was like Beckenbauer at times today. Some boi!

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

I don't mind him at all. Usually calls it pretty fairly.

^This, he also screwed Raith Rovers in the final game last season. Had it been Dick Campbell he would have stood his team down for the play offs whereas Goodwin played his full strength team. That deserves respect and I wish him and Alloa well.

That was the best 3 points we've had this season by far. 

Only 3 points off Ross County and still 3 ahead of Dundee United.

12 points ahead of 5th makes for a commanding play off spot. 

McCalls ambition was 40 points by the end of the season, we've got 42 by February.

Scoring 3 goals against a well worked Alloa side.  

Wasn't at the game today .great 3 points .Good too hear the new signings doing well .the boy from Celtic sounds too be a player .moffat what more can you say .What a player .up all night from his wife giving birth. Straight into the team two goals and a mom.not long too go till he reaches 100 goals for his hometown club .an ayr Utd legend.who was the last too score 100 for ayr ? .Really hope alloa stay up .done us a few big favours over the last 9 months .great guys.

A terrific game . Not much in it and as Jim Goodwin said in his interview, a poor second goal gifted from a penalty being conceded that changed to game.  I thought both Ayr' s opening goal and ours w ere excellent. 

A great afternoon 's entertainment even though my team lost and I thought the save on to the bar from the young Ayr keeper was tremendous late on and won the game for the visitors. 

if we keep playing like that and cut out the gifts we won't be far away from survival come May .  Ayr are a sure  thing for a play off spot and won't be far away . 

I really dislike Jim Goodwin he is so disingenuous. You got beat fucking deal with it c*nt
I'll not even listen to it before commenting, Goodwin is very good to listen to, usually calls it as he sees it while struggling to hide his frustration at times, I'll take that over the mealy mouthed bullshit loads of managers feed fans any day of the week

Ayr for me are the best footballing side in the division.Moffat today was different class and Shankland back will be a major boost.That said I thought we were excellent again today and got very close to getting something from the game.

Really enjoyed (bits) of that today.  

Alloa put up a good test and played pretty well, could have got something at 2-1 with slightly better finishing and probably take something from the game then.   Fortunately we came through it and got the win.  

By the looks of it the two wingers debuting are different not only to eachother but also to what we have which is great, loads of options out wide now.  I really liked the look of Cadden, once he and Miller are playing on a pitch that allows wide players to be a bit more involved they look exciting.  

Thought our defending was really iffy throughout particularly between Smith and Muirhead but that might just be first time playing beside eachother to factor in with those two.  

Finally, the Moff.  Absolutely outstanding today, best player on the park by miles.  Everything good about us going through him, banging two in (was the first a rare outside the box goal, sun in my eyes so couldn't fully see) winning a penalty and probably should have had another.  

All the best relegating Dunfermline and one of Partick or Falkirk Alloa lads/lassies.   

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Finally, the Moff.  Absolutely outstanding today, best player on the park by miles.  Everything good about us going through him, banging two in (was the first a rare outside the box goal, sun in my eyes so couldn't fully see) winning a penalty and probably should have had another. 

I have been critical of Moff in the past but he was excellent today. First goal is a peach.

Looking back at the game we created so many opportunities but often there wasn't a shot (and certainly Parry didn't have much to do). I really like both our fullbacks but I think Harvie is slightly more consistent while Smith is better bombing on.

Loving it tonight as I was quite trepidatious this morning.

A very good team performance today. The Moff and the Doc were outstanding. The new guys looked decent. Shocking decision from the ref. How come Parry wasn't booked or sent off at the pen and how we didn't get a 2nd pen I don't know.

Great save from Doohan at 2-1.

Archived