Alloa Athletic vs Ayr United

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game in any doubt? Weather hasn’t been great last few days although hopefully with Alloa having the plastic pitch it’ll be fine. 
Alloa are without a doubt the surprise package in the league. Being the only PT team they were tipped by most to finish bottom however Big Jim is doing a cracking job and hopefully they stay up st the expense of Falkirk and/or Thistle. 
On to the game presuming Adams, Kerr, Forrest and Geggan are still out and we don’t add anyone else before deadline tonight id go.

Doohan

Smith Muirhead Rose Harvie

Cadden  Docherty Murdoch McDaid

Moffat Shankland

Subs:- Hare-Reid, Higgins, Bell, Crawford, Hilton, McCowan, Moore

Did Higgins not do well when brought on the other night?

I know he made a bad error against Talbot but I still think there's a good, solid centre half in there.

I want muirhead to earn his starting place, but I'm confident McCall will judge it correctly.

You can't really do much about errors like Tuesday night. They happen to even the best players, but hopefully with more competition it'll keep folk on their toes.

I'm not sure he'll start cadden either, but I'll be annoyed if shankland doesn't start.

Not to get drawn into a pedantic and pointless debate but...

https://tigerturf.com/uk/myth-buster-do-4g-pitches-really-exist

A lot of companies will say they have something that’s ‘4G’, when in actual fact there isn’t really any such thing - it’s marketing jargon. It’s all just variations of the same thing anyway.

Not that any of this actually matters, and I don’t particularly care either. Original question is wether or not the Alloa pitch would be able to withstand the -4 I’ve seen forecast. These pitches do freeze, as I train on one twice a week in the winter months and they’re bloody awful when they do.

14 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Pitch is absolutely fine as it stands. No issue whatsoever.

Good stuff.  Theres a few of us making a day of it and getting train at 9.50 - connecting one to Alloa is 11.20 so hopefully if it is frozen we should know by the back of 11.  

This does give me the fear, can't remember the last time that a 'doubtful' game that I was desperate to be on got the go ahead that didnt end up in a defeat haha.

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Good stuff.  Theres a few of us making a day of it and getting train at 9.50 - connecting one to Alloa is 11.20 so hopefully if it is frozen we should know by the back of 11.  

This does give me the fear, can't remember the last time that a 'doubtful' game that I was desperate to be on got the go ahead that didnt end up in a defeat haha.

I would get there early as there will be loads of jolly japes rugger fans on board.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I like when we go 5-2-3.  Let's just do that from the start. 

LINEUP111549008132582.thumb.png.e17c67ad009b43ebc682dec7e9b118f1.png

That team looks really good although it would be very harsh on Harvie who I thought was excellent against both Dundee Utd & Inverness.

Docherty has also looked good since his comeback but did pick up that knock midweek.

11 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

That team looks really good although it would be very harsh on Harvie who I thought was excellent against both Dundee Utd & Inverness.

Docherty has also looked good since his comeback but did pick up that knock midweek.

Not sure that you can say that a team containing Aaron Muirhead looks really good.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not sure that you can say that a team containing Aaron Muirhead looks really good.

He'll come into his own with better players around him...............

Archived