Which NFL team should i support

diamond_for_life

Will delete this thread after some help. Im new to the world of NFL only started this year watching the playoffs. Never gave it much time  due to listening to others having a negative opinion of the game. Have to say though I’m hooked though its fantastic absolutely loved it so far. 

So I found myself rooting for the Patriots last week as I bet them but I quickly see they are the assholes of the NFL so where do I pledge my allegiances. I have a soft spot for Seattle Sounders after visiting friends a few years back  so naturally was going to pick the seahawks but I know hee haw about them and their stature. Who do you guys follow and why? 

The Arizona Cardinals have the number 1 pick as they were the worst team last season.  Support them and enjoy the journey.

I support Detroit for similar reasons, although they didn't have the number 1 pick.  I am also a Browns sympathiser as they won a single game in the first two seasons I watched the NFL.  They are on it now though #ThanksObama 

11 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Don’t support the Patriots. It would instantly make you a c**t.

To be fair I support Airdrie. Im half way there. 

The first game I watched was the confrence game with the Rams and the Cowboys with the highlight being the running game of the Rams with Anderson and Gurley. Their kick to win the conference championship was fantastic too great bottle under pressure. I get they are c***s although the Patriots were impressive against the Chiefs. Don’t like Brady he looks like a dick. So did a few of them rite enough. 

On what I saw I think the Patriots look stronger but will gladly support the Rams with the rest of P&B. 

7 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

To be fair I support Airdrie. Im half way there. 

The first game I watched was the confrence game with the Rams and the Cowboys with the highlight being the running game of the Rams with Anderson and Gurley. Their kick to win the conference championship was fantastic too great bottle under pressure. I get they are c***s although the Patriots were impressive against the Chiefs. Don’t like Brady he looks like a dick. So did a few of them rite enough. 

On what I saw I think the Patriots look stronger but will gladly support the Rams with the rest of P&B. 

Sounds like you've already chosen. Welcome aboard. 

Support someone utterly random. Chuck them all in a hat or something and just ride it out with whoever luck throws your way. Inevitably over the years that team will be at least not utter horse at some point and you can enjoy it. Patriots, Cowboys and Packers are normally the three I would yawn at when I hear someone supports them 

Support someone utterly random. Chuck them all in a hat or something and just ride it out with whoever luck throws your way. Inevitably over the years that team will be at least not utter horse at some point and you can enjoy it. Patriots, Cowboys and Packers are normally the three I would yawn at when I hear someone supports them 

Good idea, but don’t put patriots or cowboys

Either go with someone you have somewhat of an affinity for (which I guess would be the Seahawks in your case - their fanbase is rabid, having been to Washington State, the amount of signage on cars, houses etc is bananas) or put everyone apart from the Patriots in a hat and pick at random. Or just choose the Browns for a laugh.

Jags are in London every year, so if you want to go see your team they're a good bet.

I support the Cardinals thanks to Amazon's All or Nothing, which is what got me hooked.

I've a mate that supports the Jets, he decided while watching a game between them and the Dolphins that he would support whoever lost.

Welcome aboard, it's an awesome sport!

23 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I am a Raiders fan. It looked like it was gonna be good again, then this season happened.

I started supporting the Raiders because I played a Madden game in the early 2000's and they had a cool badge and were very good.

They still have a cool badge, uniform, etc, but the "very good" part hasn't exactly been a regular occurrence since then.

In terms of the OP, and anyone who asks who they should support, just watch a few games as a neutral (and/or play Madden if you're a gamer) and it'll fall into place. You'll find players you like/don't like, teams you like/don't like. But don't support the Patriots. They're a shower of absolute c***s and I can't wait until Belichick and Brady f**k off so they can go back to being the pointless irrelevant diddies they were for their whole existence before those two showed up.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I started supporting the Raiders because I played a Madden game in the early 2000's and they had a cool badge and were very good.

They still have a cool badge, uniform, etc, but the "very good" part hasn't exactly been a regular occurrence since then.

In terms of the OP, and anyone who asks who they should support, just watch a few games as a neutral (and/or play Madden if you're a gamer) and it'll fall into place. You'll find players you like/don't like, teams you like/don't like. But don't support the Patriots. They're a shower of absolute c***s and I can't wait until Belichick and Brady f**k off so they can go back to being the pointless irrelevant diddies they were for their whole existence before those two showed up.

Strange how that happens. I have a weird liking for Cagliari due to Fifa/FM games.

In our group whenever someone was undecided they are prompted to support the first team they ever saw.

It's still the Browns. A shambolic laughing stock for decades, but there is finally light at the end of the tunnel with a core of very good young players. The Steelers look to be on the slide so the division is there for the taking for either the Browns or Ravens next season.

Of course, in true Browns fashion they could totally implode and finish 2-14 but whatever happens it won't be boring.

Strange how that happens. I have a weird liking for Cagliari due to Fifa/FM games.

In our group whenever someone was undecided they are prompted to support the first team they ever saw.
Karlsruhe for me, after liking them on Sensible Soccer. I did like the Raiders team that lost in the Super Bowl to the Buccs in Madden. Could trade the old players that were due to retire like Rice, Brown, Gannon, Ron Woodson and that cheating LB beginning with an R for draft picks. Charles Woodson was ace.

3 hours ago, Sydney Carton said:

It's still the Browns. A shambolic laughing stock for decades, but there is finally light at the end of the tunnel with a core of very good young players. The Steelers look to be on the slide so the division is there for the taking for either the Browns or Ravens next season.

Of course, in true Browns fashion they could totally implode and finish 2-14 but whatever happens it won't be boring.

In the last 7 years, they've had multiple 1st round draft slots in 5 of them. If they can't build a winning team with that stockpiling of picks, they'd be as well just disbanding the whole thing.

Tbf to them, in 2018 they started to look like a team who can become a threat in this league, and they have the most important piece (a legitimate QB), but even still there's always a nagging feeling that they'll find a way to f**k everything up.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:
8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Karlsruhe for me, after liking them on Sensible Soccer. I did like the Raiders team that lost in the Super Bowl to the Buccs in Madden. Could trade the old players that were due to retire like Rice, Brown, Gannon, Ron Woodson and that cheating LB beginning with an R for draft picks. Charles Woodson was ace.

Romanowski. An absolute c**t. Would love to have someone like him right now, as we've been soft at LB for... well, basically since Romanowski.

Archived