Which NFL team should i support

diamond_for_life

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

In the last 7 years, they've had multiple 1st round draft slots in 5 of them. If they can't build a winning team with that stockpiling of picks, they'd be as well just disbanding the whole thing.

Tbf to them, in 2018 they started to look like a team who can become a threat in this league, and they have the most important piece (a legitimate QB), but even still there's always a nagging feeling that they'll find a way to f**k everything up.

They do have a competent GM now though, i don't think Dorsey will waste many picks.

Forgot to do my sales pitch for The Lions:

•Never been to a Superbowl

•Never been to a NFC conference championship game

•Last championship was pre-superbowl era

•Haven't won a divisional title since 1993

•No post-season win since 1991

• First team to a have winless season in 16 game era & are only team to have two winless seasons (other was back in 1942)

other than that its great

Pick a team at random, with the exclusion of the Patriots. Awful shower of c***s.

I follow the Bears and it's been mostly garbage with the odd good season.

The lesson here is all teams have shit periods except the patriots who are proven cheating cnuts.

We’ve all got a reason for picking the teams we have, mines was down to the Super Bowl being all we ever got in the UK and Elway and the broncos being in 2 of the first 3 I saw got me hooked.

Maybe just watch a season and see who you fancy.

Chose a team back when Ch4 brought it to TV screens. Pittsburgh Steelers for me, because their uniform is black, white & gold same as The Sons.

My mate liked Celtic so followed NY Jets, other pal was Cincinnati Bengals due to him being a Dundee United fan.

A bit daft but it gave reason to latching onto a team in a new sport.

Thanks for all the posts and help was going to wait a few weeks and see but I’ve decided to go for it and with a wee bit of research I wanted a team that isn’t absolutely garbage but a team no where near the top. As a result I am now a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

You can get to few games down in London then mate.

10 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Thanks for all the posts and help was going to wait a few weeks and see but I’ve decided to go for it and with a wee bit of research I wanted a team that isn’t absolutely garbage but a team no where near the top. As a result I am now a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Airdrie fan supports the Jags. :thumsup2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2019 at 11:46, diamond_for_life said:

Seriously, all those suggestions and you pick the Jags!  Enemy for life now.  Go COLTS.

On 09/02/2019 at 11:28, GNU_Linux said:

Forgot to do my sales pitch for The Lions:

•Never been to a Superbowl

•Never been to a NFC conference championship game

•Last championship was pre-superbowl era

•Haven't won a divisional title since 1993

•No post-season win since 1991

• First team to a have winless season in 16 game era & are only team to have two winless seasons (other was back in 1942)

other than that its great

The Lions reached the NFC Championship game in 1991.  They lost 41-10 to the Redskins.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure I understand the hate for the Patriots. If your own chosen team had delivered the kind of success they have had over the past decade and more you would be loving it. They are a benchmark on how to deliver a winner. 

As someone who, many years ago, chose the then worst team in the league - Houston - I would have to caution against this approach. Not once did they get to a championship game then split for another city, changing their name in the process. Then a new team starts up and is every bit as frustrating! 

Chose a club that has some idea of what it is doing. 

Not sure I understand the hate for the Patriots. If your own chosen team had delivered the kind of success they have had over the past decade and more you would be loving it. They are a benchmark on how to deliver a winner. 
As someone who, many years ago, chose the then worst team in the league - Houston - I would have to caution against this approach. Not once did they get to a championship game then split for another city, changing their name in the process. Then a new team starts up and is every bit as frustrating! 
Chose a club that has some idea of what it is doing. 

They are serial cheats

On 23/03/2019 at 12:15, lichtie23 said:

They are serial cheats

They have bent the rules yes, in a variety of rather amusing ways. But that does not explain their exceptional success. That has more to do with the ability to draft astutely, get the best out of more ordinary players, excellent coaching, strong team ethos and an iron will to win. 

Give me that any day over the complacent mediocrity that passes for ambition at a number of other clubs. 

Archived