Aberdeen v Queen of the South

NorthernLights

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I remember there was a guy who had Sky Plussed it and was selling bootleg copies out of his house on one of the estates in Dumfries. I turned up to get my copy and there was a wee queue at his front door :lol:. Good times

I dowloaded it from somewhere and burned it onto a DVD, all of us who'd been to the game round to a mates flat on the Tuesday after the semi-final to watch the full thing with a few beers and a curry - heaven.

7 hours ago, the tactician said:

any recommendations for pubs near the ground? 

Scotia Bar on Summerfield Terrace.  I've seen home and away fans mixing in there before, saw some Killie fans in before our last league game.  One of the closest pubs to the ground.

55 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Scotia Bar on Summerfield Terrace.  I've seen home and away fans mixing in there before, saw some Killie fans in before our last league game.  One of the closest pubs to the ground.

The Dons fans were gentlemen before that semi-final and equally gentlemen after it, I have a lot of time for them.  What a day that was, though!!!

If we defend like we did against Falkirk then it will be just about how many Aberdeen score .

Not expecting anything from the game just some much needed money .

How much does the BBC pay for a live Scots. Cup game ? Is it £50,000 to each club .

Hopefully the crowd is over £10,000.

It wouldn’t be a Queens match thread without captain obvious telling us that if we play as bad as *recent poor performance* we will lose but if we play as well as *recent good performance* we have a chance.

To be honest I rate our chances as slim to nil. If Doyle, Low and Todd were all fit I’d be far more confident of us at least competing. Of that trio I would imagine Low is the only one likely to make it. The extra day’s rest will be welcomed by the rest of the squad I’m sure.

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

It wouldn’t be a Queens match thread without captain obvious telling us that if we play as bad as *recent poor performance* we will lose but if we play as well as *recent good performance* we have a chance.

To be honest I rate our chances as slim to nil. If Doyle, Low and Todd were all fit I’d be far more confident of us at least competing. Of that trio I would imagine Low is the only one likely to make it. The extra day’s rest will be welcomed by the rest of the squad I’m sure.

Think Low and doyle will make it, Todd touch and go. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Are admission prices for this known yet?  Can't see anything on Queens' OS. 

Aberdeen prices on QOS site.

Scottish_Cup_Portrait_CMYK.JPG

After last night's outstanding 3-0 victory over Dundee we can confirm that we will face Aberdeen at Pttodrie on Sunday February 10th in the 5th Round. Kick off is at 3:30pm and the match will be live on BBC Scotland.

Queen of the South fans have been allocated blocs P, Q and R in the South Stand. Entry is via turnstiles on Golf Road. QoS supporters will be able to purchase tickets at the turnstiles on the day. There will be no advance sale of tickets from Palmerston.

Prices are as follows:
£20 Adults
£12 Concessions (Over 65, Under 21, ambulant disabled & wheelchair users)
£5 Under 12's

On 02/02/2019 at 18:33, Northfield 53 said:

If we defend like we did against Falkirk then it will be just about how many Aberdeen score .

Not expecting anything from the game just some much needed money .

How much does the BBC pay for a live Scots. Cup game ? Is it £50,000 to each club .

Hopefully the crowd is over £10,000.

It used to be 82.5 k per club but was reduced  to 32.5 k in 2017.Dont know if its changed again since

58 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Aberdeen prices on QOS site.

Scottish_Cup_Portrait_CMYK.JPG

After last night's outstanding 3-0 victory over Dundee we can confirm that we will face Aberdeen at Pttodrie on Sunday February 10th in the 5th Round. Kick off is at 3:30pm and the match will be live on BBC Scotland.

Queen of the South fans have been allocated blocs P, Q and R in the South Stand. Entry is via turnstiles on Golf Road. QoS supporters will be able to purchase tickets at the turnstiles on the day. There will be no advance sale of tickets from Palmerston.

Prices are as follows:
£20 Adults
£12 Concessions (Over 65, Under 21, ambulant disabled & wheelchair users)
£5 Under 12's

Thanks,  I didn't look far enough back to last Wed on the OS to see that. 

Be interesting to hear an update on our injury situation. Low and Doyle back with Todd even making the bench would make me happy but don’t think we’ll be that lucky. 

McKenna sent off last night for Dons so will miss this game. 

29 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Be interesting to hear an update on our injury situation. Low and Doyle back with Todd even making the bench would make me happy but don’t think we’ll be that lucky. 

McKenna sent off last night for Dons so will miss this game. 

What was he sent off for?  It might be next league game(s) he misses.  If it was a straight red he probably will miss out on Sunday. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hopefully we'll have Devlin back, which compensates for McKenna being out.

We finished the game last night with a real plethora of attacking players on and off the park.....Cosgrove, GMS, Wilson, McGinn, Stewart, and Stevie May on the bench.....so I have a feeling we may try and cut a bit loose (in a kind of subdued, Aberdeen-type way) on Sunday.

Hopefully we'll have Devlin back, which compensates for McKenna being out.
We finished the game last night with a real plethora of attacking players on and off the park.....Cosgrove, GMS, Wilson, McGinn, Stewart, and Stevie May on the bench.....so I have a feeling we may try and cut a bit loose (in a kind of subdued, Aberdeen-type way) on Sunday.

Another 4-3 on the cards then?

Guest Bob Mahelp
27 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Another 4-3 on the cards then?

Nothing would surprise me.

Aberdeen don't draw many games....only 1 in our last 19 league games.....so there's a fair chance the tie will be finished one way or another on Sunday.

Saying that, I thought the same against Stenhousemuir.

Archived