Aberdeen v Queen of the South

NorthernLights

They are all the main attacking threat for their respective teams, as Dobbie is.

To be fair I would guess that you wouldn’t swap Dobbie for any of those mentioned but it would be interesting to see what the thought would be from a neutral on Dobbie vs Strikers of the better Premiership teams.

It’s a good debate though as he definitely is a good player, I’m not denying that for a second. If it makes my point any easier to understand I wouldn’t swap any of those names I’ve named for Lawrence Shankland either. Would you swap Dobbie for Shankland based on having seen both at close quarters I assume.

I think even Ayr fans would admit Shankland has been anonymous (by his standards) against us. Based on what I've seen of opposition players (purely) in games against us, Shankland wouldn't even make my Championship 11. Even if he had appeared, Dobbie has 10 years on him and is keeping pace with/outscoring him. I wouldn't swap Dobbie for Shankland.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think even Ayr fans would admit Shankland has been anonymous (by his standards) against us. Based on what I've seen of opposition players (purely) in games against us, Shankland wouldn't even make my Championship 11. Even if he had appeared, Dobbie has 10 years on him and is keeping pace with/outscoring him. I wouldn't swap Dobbie for Shankland.

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I actually decided to do a bit of checking on the bit in bold, here are the Scottish cup results (if a replay I've taken the replay result) over the last few seasons between Premiership and Championship clubs:

2019:  Aberdeen 4-1 QOTS, St Mirren 3-2 Alloa, Motherwell 1-2 Ross County, QOTS 3-0 Dundee (2 wins for each division)

2018: Aberdeen 4-1 St Mirren, Celtic 5-0 Brechin, QOTS 1-2 Partick Thistle, ICT 0-1 Dundee, Aberdeen 4-2 Dundee Utd. Celtic 3-0 Morton, Rangers 4-1 Falkirk (7 wins out of 7 for the Premiership clubs)

2017: Ross County 6-2 Dundee Utd, Dundee 0-2 St Mirren, Hearts 4-2 Raith, Hamilton beat Dunfermline on pens, Hibs 3-1 Hearts, Rangers 2-1 Morton, Celtic 4-1 St Mirren ( 5 wins for the Prem, 2 for the second tier

2016: St Mirren 1-2 Partick Thistle, Ross County 1-0 Dunfermline, Dundee 2-1 Falkirk, Rangers 2-1 Kilmarnock, Hibs 1-0 Hearts, Dundee 5-0 Dumbarton,  Rangers 4-0 Dundee, Hibs 2-1 ICT, Celtic 3-0 Morton, Hibs beat Dundee Utd on Pens as did Rangers over Celtic ( 5 wins for Premiership, 6 wins for the Championship)

2015: Rangers 3-0 Kilmarnock, Celtic 4-0 Hearts, QOTS 2-0 St Johnstone, ICT 1-0 Raith ( 2 wins each way )

In that time the Premiership clubs have progressed in 21 ties against Championship clubs whereas the lower tier side has won 12.  When you consider that half of those 12 wins came when you had Hibs, Hearts and Rangers in the second tier it would indicate that there is quite a gap between the two divisions.   

#facts

Not that it changes the point you are making but St Mirren 1 Dundee United 2 in 2019 as well.

They’re much better than they used to be. I mind when they were that grey, wobbly, mushy minced meat and they just tasted like salt.

I mean I still liked it, it’s meat and pastry y’know? The new ones are genuinely like the ones from a nice bakers’.

Nothing on Kelly of Cults though [emoji121]️[emoji121]️ gone but not forgotten

23 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I actually decided to do a bit of checking on the bit in bold, here are the Scottish cup results (if a replay I've taken the replay result) over the last few seasons between Premiership and Championship clubs:

2019:  Aberdeen 4-1 QOTS, St Mirren 3-2 Alloa, Motherwell 1-2 Ross County, QOTS 3-0 Dundee (2 wins for each division)

2018: Aberdeen 4-1 St Mirren, Celtic 5-0 Brechin, QOTS 1-2 Partick Thistle, ICT 0-1 Dundee, Aberdeen 4-2 Dundee Utd. Celtic 3-0 Morton, Rangers 4-1 Falkirk (7 wins out of 7 for the Premiership clubs)

2017: Ross County 6-2 Dundee Utd, Dundee 0-2 St Mirren, Hearts 4-2 Raith, Hamilton beat Dunfermline on pens, Hibs 3-1 Hearts, Rangers 2-1 Morton, Celtic 4-1 St Mirren ( 5 wins for the Prem, 2 for the second tier

2016: St Mirren 1-2 Partick Thistle, Ross County 1-0 Dunfermline, Dundee 2-1 Falkirk, Rangers 2-1 Kilmarnock, Hibs 1-0 Hearts, Dundee 5-0 Dumbarton,  Rangers 4-0 Dundee, Hibs 2-1 ICT, Celtic 3-0 Morton, Hibs beat Dundee Utd on Pens as did Rangers over Celtic ( 5 wins for Premiership, 6 wins for the Championship)

2015: Rangers 3-0 Kilmarnock, Celtic 4-0 Hearts, QOTS 2-0 St Johnstone, ICT 1-0 Raith ( 2 wins each way )

In that time the Premiership clubs have progressed in 21 ties against Championship clubs whereas the lower tier side has won 12.  When you consider that half of those 12 wins came when you had Hibs, Hearts and Rangers in the second tier it would indicate that there is quite a gap between the two divisions.   

#facts

Facts as they may be, this is conclusive proof that you can interpret facts however you like to fit your agenda.

What has the fact that half of the wins for Championship clubs got to do with the fact that half of them of them occurred whilst Hibs, Hearts and The Zombies were in that league got to do with anything.

Facts are as follows:

1) Hearts & Hibs were in the championship because they had been relegated and in footballing terms weren't worthy of being in the top division at that time

2) Zombies were there because they had been promoted into that league

Just because two of them might have been amongst the "bigger" names in Scottish football and the other one is a reincarnation of a bunch of cheating b*****ds, can't hide the fact that they were where they on merit and anything else is totally irrelevant

Await the expected -1's for highlighting the obvious

7 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Facts as they may be, this is conclusive proof that you can interpret facts however you like to fit your agenda.

What has the fact that half of the wins for Championship clubs got to do with the fact that half of them of them occurred whilst Hibs, Hearts and The Zombies were in that league got to do with anything.

Facts are as follows:

1) Hearts & Hibs were in the championship because they had been relegated and in footballing terms weren't worthy of being in the top division at that time

2) Zombies were there because they had been promoted into that league

Just because two of them might have been amongst the "bigger" names in Scottish football and the other one is a reincarnation of a bunch of cheating b*****ds, can't hide the fact that they were where they on merit and anything else is totally irrelevant

Await the expected -1's for highlighting the obvious

Not at all buddy, I'm quite happy to discuss this with you.  No need for you to get annoyed about it.

Lets call Hibs, Hearts etc what they were at the time then - Championship clubs.  Based on that and the fact that Premiership teams have progressed 21 times from 33 ties and the Championship have only got through 12 times how can you say that there is nothing between Premiership and Championship clubs?  Those figures would indicate there is quite a sizeable gap.  If not then surely it would be close to a 50/50 split as opposed to top flight teams progressing almost two-thirds of the time.

2 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Not at all buddy, I'm quite happy to discuss this with you.  No need for you to get annoyed about it.

Lets call Hibs, Hearts etc what they were at the time then - Championship clubs.  Based on that and the fact that Premiership teams have progressed 21 times from 33 ties and the Championship have only got through 12 times how can you say that there is nothing between Premiership and Championship clubs?  Those figures would indicate there is quite a sizeable gap.  If not then surely it would be close to a 50/50 split as opposed to top flight teams progressing almost two-thirds of the time.

I'm actually not annoyed at you. Honestly

I do however get pissed off at those who constantly say my team should have finished at least runners up during those club;s absence from the top league.

One, we did, and two and this is again the crux of the matter they were absent because they weren't good enough to play with the top boys.

On separate note

Hope you f**k the Zombies in the replay^_^

I'm actually not annoyed at you. Honestly
I do however get pissed off at those who constantly say my team should have finished at least runners up during those club;s absence from the top league.
One, we did, and two and this is again the crux of the matter they were absent because they weren't good enough to play with the top boys.
On separate note
Hope you f**k the Zombies in the replay[emoji5]

This tangent you appear to be away on confirms my suspicions that you have zero #facts to dispute my #facts that show Premiership sides are better than Championship sides.

On 11/02/2019 at 19:20, Dindeleux said:

#facts

I don't think anyone is arguing that the championship is as strong as the premiership as a whole. 

So, let's exclude those games involving teams that finished in the top 6 that season.

2019:  St Mirren 3-2 Alloa, Motherwell 1-2 Ross County, QOTS 3-0 Dundee, St Mirren 1-2 Dundee United (prem 1-3 champ)

2018: QOTS 1-2 Partick Thistle, ICT 0-1 Dundee (2-0)

2017: Ross County 6-2 Dundee Utd, Dundee 0-2 St Mirren, Hamilton beat Dunfermline on pens, Hibs 3-1 Hearts (2-2)

2016: St Mirren 1-2 Partick Thistle, Ross County 1-0 Dunfermline, Dundee 2-1 Falkirk, Rangers 2-1 Kilmarnock, Dundee 5-0 Dumbarton,  Rangers 4-0 Dundee, Hibs 2-1 ICT, Hibs beat Dundee Utd on Pens (4-4)

2015: Rangers 3-0 Kilmarnock, ICT 1-0 Raith (1-1)

That gives us 10 wins each, which suggests that there is nothing between the lower end of the premiership and the championship.

#facts etc etc

I don't think anyone is arguing that the championship is as strong as the premiership as a whole. 
So, let's exclude those games involving teams that finished in the top 6 that season.
2019:  St Mirren 3-2 Alloa, Motherwell 1-2 Ross County, QOTS 3-0 Dundee, St Mirren 1-2 Dundee United (prem 1-3 champ)
2018: QOTS 1-2 Partick Thistle, ICT 0-1 Dundee (2-0)
2017: Ross County 6-2 Dundee Utd, Dundee 0-2 St Mirren, Hamilton beat Dunfermline on pens, Hibs 3-1 Hearts (2-2)
2016: St Mirren 1-2 Partick Thistle, Ross County 1-0 Dunfermline, Dundee 2-1 Falkirk, Rangers 2-1 Kilmarnock, Dundee 5-0 Dumbarton,  Rangers 4-0 Dundee, Hibs 2-1 ICT, Hibs beat Dundee Utd on Pens (4-4)
2015: Rangers 3-0 Kilmarnock, ICT 1-0 Raith (1-1)

That gives us 10 wins each, which suggests that there is nothing between the lower end of the premiership and the championship.
#facts etc etc

Don’t think the sheep guy will be impressed with you massaging #facts to suit your agenda mate and just cutting out the top 6 teams. I’ve already said that Dobbie would be good enough to play for the Premiership shite (#W38) but I just don’t buy this illusion that he would be the greatest striker in the history of the top flight either.

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Don’t think the sheep guy will be impressed with you massaging #facts to suit your agenda mate and just cutting out the top 6 teams. I’ve already said that Dobbie would be good enough to play for the Premiership shite (#W38) but I just don’t buy this illusion that he would be the greatest striker in the history of the top flight either.

Show me where you can find,   on any thread,  anyone claiming  The Dobmeister would be the greatest striker in the history of the top flight. 

Archived