Aberdeen v Queen of the South

NorthernLights

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to have Sunday afternoon football on council telly.  I thought Queens put up a great show and scoreline is a bit harsh although no qualms about the result.  Really impressed with Dykes.

Comfortable in the end for Aberdeen. Crosses once again our downfall (6 goals in the last 3 defeats?). Probably goal of the tournament from God. Didn't disgrace ourselves and can now focus on the league.

Would quite like to see The Dons win it tbh.

I thought for the first Maguire seemed to lose his footing which let Cosgrove through. It was a great saving tackle from Jacobs which unfortunately went straight to McGinn.

For the second, we fell for the old ‘blocking’ trick, but couldn’t Martin have left his line? Do pigs fly?

For the third, we let the cross come in and why was Marshall marking the biggest player on the park?

The penalty simply wasn’t.

So 1-0 to Queens would have been about right.  We should have stuck with the first half borefest.....

Thought Dykes was our best player.

As I said to my mate who is a Dons fan,  our defence is shaky and we would have to outscore them,  I was right about the first bit.

Congrats Aberdeen, maybe this is your year.

Piss easy training match that for the dons, nae convinced we broke sweat. Nae sure fa that boy was, who scored for them, but a bit of a hit and hope type goal. And who was this player they suppose to have, that could play for anybody in the top flight? The boy with the bleeched hair? Should of been send aff for persistent fouls. Anyway, we have had a easy run so far, Partick at home next..

Well played Aberdeen. They took their chances in the second half.

Poor defending cost us in all three goals.

I am not even counting the penalty. That decision was hilarious. The linoand ref had clear views of it and still gave it - lolz. Thankfuly the game was over at the stage.  

Had it been given against the old firm it would be in the papers all week. It will hardly get a mention tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I am not even counting the penalty. That decision was hilarious. The linoand ref had clear views of it and still gave it - lolz. Thankfuly the game was over at the stage.  

Had it been given against the old firm it would be in the papers all week. It will hardly get a mention tomorrow

100% THIS.

48 minutes ago, Clamber said:

Great to have Sunday afternoon football on council telly.  I thought Queens put up a great show and scoreline is a bit harsh although no qualms about the result.  Really impressed with Dykes.

NSFW forum for that sort of chat...

f**k off with your trolling, and f**k Off BBC with patronising the 'wee team'. 

I’m not trolling, he failed in the top flight before and clearly enjoys just being a big fish in the wee shitty pond that is the Scottish Championship.

Aberdeen deserved  the win but we again gave away poor goals.

The 2nd goal was poor there is no excuse for any player getting a free header from a corner that got Aberdeen going again .Cosgrove more or less got a free header as well .The pen was a joke it really put Queens on a downer 

Stephen Dobbie what a player he could easily get into any team in Scotland he must think at times why am I not playing for the likes of Aberdeen still Queens are lucky to have him 

Archived