Aberdeen v Queen of the South

NorthernLights

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's a bit bizarre, but we've seen so little of Doyle at RB I'm not sure I'd trust him to play there even though that's where we signed him to play!  I'd expect him to come in at CB or RM before RB.  Mercer gets shown up by players at our level never mind one of the best from the league above, but he is a player the manager clearly trusts and I would imagine is one of the first names on the team sheet as a result.

If we start both Aird and Stirling then we don't have many attacking options to bring off the bench should we be chasing the game.  If we play Doyle RM then we at least have one of Stirling or Aird to bring on.

If he's fit Doyle has to play, his hard work and enthusiasm rubs off on the other players and we are poorer without him.  It will be interesting to see where he plays, if at all.

Not sure Naysmith trusts Mercer that much when he prefers to play another defender in right mid. I’d always start with whatever is regarded as the strongest team rather than plan for who we bring on should we go behind. Will probably be chasing this one no matter who starts but, generally, you’re more likely to be chasing a game if you start with something other than the strongest team, imo.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is yet another big game for us. I presume that we’ll play a back four tomorrow which will allow Andy Considine to play on his preferred left side of central defence. Derek McInnes might bring Connor McLennan back for this one, but difficult to guess what he’ll do. COYR.

Not sure Naysmith trusts Mercer that much when he prefers to play another defender in right mid. I’d always start with whatever is regarded as the strongest team rather than plan for who we bring on should we go behind. Will probably be chasing this one no matter who starts but, generally, you’re more likely to be chasing a game if you start with something other than the strongest team, imo.

Yeah he clearly trusts him defensively as much as the rest of us do! What I meant was trust him to stick to his task and put a shift in. It’s not all good, but we know what we are going to get from him every week.

16 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's a bit bizarre, but we've seen so little of Doyle at RB I'm not sure I'd trust him to play there even though that's where we signed him to play!  I'd expect him to come in at CB or RM before RB.  Mercer gets shown up by players at our level never mind one of the best from the league above, but he is a player the manager clearly trusts and I would imagine is one of the first names on the team sheet as a result.

If we start both Aird and Stirling then we don't have many attacking options to bring off the bench should we be chasing the game.  If we play Doyle RM then we at least have one of Stirling or Aird to bring on.

If he's fit Doyle has to play, his hard work and enthusiasm rubs off on the other players and we are poorer without him.  It will be interesting to see where he plays, if at all.

In the very very few times that Doyle has played at RB I think it's looked his worst position. CD or RM he's. Looked better. 

Would like to see Low play for QOTS, always liked him when he was with us.  Good penalty in the league cup final too.

We should have too much for them, even if Derek fannies about with the team a bit. Going for 3-0 to the Dons - GMS, Ballon d’Or and a Considine header.

On 09/02/2019 at 11:36, SUPERSOUTH said:

Probable Queens to line up

Martin

Mercer Fordyce Mcguire Marshall

Doyle Low Jacobs Aird or Stirling

Dykes 

Dobbie

Subs Leighfield (gk) Stirling or Aird Mcgrath Murray

Cup tied Wilson, injured Brownlie & Todd completes the squad. 

Team as called it Stirling starts Aird on bench rest the same +young Irving def on bench. 

Archived