Aberdeen v Queen of the South

NorthernLights

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Think you are both right but imo Martin is a major part of the problem because he doesn’t help the defenders. He treats crosses as though they are nothing whatsoever to do with him, sometimes even when they are about a yard away from him. Saying we were the same when Martin was out isn’t a convincing argument in his favour because Leighfield isn’t good with crosses either. Perhaps because the defenders get so little help from either keeper they have to do all the work and are consequently more likely to make mistakes.

The bit in bold is the infuriating part.

If he actually controlled things in his 6 yard box our defenders would be able to position themselves further out and increase their chances of winning headers.  It is far easier for an attacker to get to a ball first when he has a run at it, than a defender moving from a static position practically on his own goal line.

I'm not putting all of the blame on Martin, but he is at least 95% responsible IMO.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

If he actually controlled things in his 6 yard box our defenders would be able to position themselves further out and increase their chances of winning headers.  It is far easier for an attacker to get to a ball first when he has a run at it, than a defender moving from a static position practically on his own goal line.

I'm not putting all of the blame on Martin, but he is at least 95% responsible IMO.

95% at fault! you obviously dont no much about goalkeeping then 

Come on, that's just nowhere near the reality. It's not always down to high balls, a lot of the time players completely lose their runner.

8 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

It is going to be really frustrating 
If they slice us open and tear us apart with their superior players then you just have to hold your hands up and say “well done”. 

Unlikely, we only win games by falling over and are shit at actual football. Ask the hibees on here, they'll tell you.

On 2/7/2019 at 14:39, 19QOS19 said:

Would be delighted with a replay*. Can't see past an Aberdeen win but if Low is back and we play as well as we've shown we can then we are in with a shout.

* Still being in the cup. Another extra game isn't ideal though.

Would absolutely love a replay. Can't make it on Sunday but would be at a replay, thoroughly enjoyed the last one! Extra game not ideal but extra income definitely welcome.

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Todd and Brownlie definitely missing this game while Wilson is cup tied. 

Hopefully Low is fit to replace Wilson. I can't say I was overly impressed with Wilson last week but maybe harsh to be too critical as it was his first game.  Brownlie must be getting near match ready now, not that I would start him, but he'd be another relatively experience option from the bench.

Probable Queens to line up

Martin

Mercer Fordyce Mcguire Marshall

Doyle Low Jacobs Aird or Stirling

Dykes 

Dobbie

Subs Leighfield (gk) Stirling or Aird Mcgrath Murray

Cup tied Wilson, injured Brownlie & Todd completes the squad. 

2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Low has been massive for us. We haven’t lost with him in the side so far. Keeps it simple and ticking in midfield. I will not be confident if he’s nowhere near the team tomorrow. 

Sure will start

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Low was on the radio today talking about the game. I'm hoping it means he'll start emoji38.png

I'd rather Aird and Stirling were on the wings tomorrow ahead of Doyle.

If Doyle is fit I reckon  he`ll play.  Sounds like a slight doubt around Fordyce so he might be at CB.  If Fordyce is fit I fully expect Doyle to play R Mid with either Stirling or Aird on bench. 

If Doyle is fit he`ll play.  Sounds like a slight doubt around Fordyce so he might be at CB.  If Fordyce is fit I fully expect Doyle to play R Mid with either Stirling or Aird on bench.
Aye Doyle will definitely start if he's fit. I expect Aird will be dropped (if Fordyce is fit) but I don't think either him or Stirling deserve to be dropped after last weekend.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
If Doyle is fit he`ll play.  Sounds like a slight doubt around Fordyce so he might be at CB.  If Fordyce is fit I fully expect Doyle to play R Mid with either Stirling or Aird on bench.

Aye Doyle will definitely start if he's fit. I expect Aird will be dropped (if Fordyce is fit) but I don't think either him or Stirling deserve to be dropped after last weekend.

Stirling has been very good of late. Particularly harsh on him if he is left out.

I’d play Doyle at RB with Aird and Stirling both playing. However, fully expect Doyle to be right mid with Stirling dropped. Don’t think Naysmith would have pushed the boat out to get Aird in if he was going to bench him. And I think he prefers Doyle in right mid to Stirling, especially in a game like this.

It's a bit bizarre, but we've seen so little of Doyle at RB I'm not sure I'd trust him to play there even though that's where we signed him to play!  I'd expect him to come in at CB or RM before RB.  Mercer gets shown up by players at our level never mind one of the best from the league above, but he is a player the manager clearly trusts and I would imagine is one of the first names on the team sheet as a result.

If we start both Aird and Stirling then we don't have many attacking options to bring off the bench should we be chasing the game.  If we play Doyle RM then we at least have one of Stirling or Aird to bring on.

If he's fit Doyle has to play, his hard work and enthusiasm rubs off on the other players and we are poorer without him.  It will be interesting to see where he plays, if at all.

Archived