Changing allegiance

Nikos K

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Yeah, I don't think anyone at Lochburn was labouring under the misapprehension he was there for life. He came in at the start of the season when a few prominent committee members had stepped down over the close season and we were struggling for numbers, and we're grateful to him for his efforts during his short spell with us. There's a similar and almost certainly more pressing need for help at Cambuslang at the moment, and we wish him well there.

If my involvement with the team ceased I'd be unlikely in the extreme to get involved anywhere else, but different strokes for different folks - it would be a boring world if we all thought the same...

Another group not mentioned who when the favoured team  ain’t playing will make the effort to go along and pay in as a neutral at another ground. Hillonearth being a classic example.

Think Hertha is still more upset about me leaving my role at Hurlford than hurlford  or I have ever been about it lol.. plus his club got a pretty tasty short film out of me being able to apply my skills on loan, so hardened opinions probably aren't the best to hold. 

Anyway I guess the flip of the coin would be not being wanted anywhere else or where you are and that doesn't sound very nice. 

Don’t get it myself how you can go from watching and supporting one team to another. Players and managers obviously not included but committee I don’t get. 

Youve probably gave up a good bit of your time and life to help run a club then just move on . 

18 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

My understanding at the time was they approached the committee in place asking if they could help and were rebuffed so got involved elsewhere, not actually being there its only hearsay obviously but thats one side of the story I have heard.

Maybe thats the case but if that happened to me i would either continue supporting my team from the terracing or just stop going.  I could not under any circumstances suddenly become a supporter of another club.  Nothing against the guys who did it but i just find in a bit weird.   

On 1/29/2019 at 15:12, ThemightyHERTHA said:

No grown adult should ever change their colours, just don't understand it at all, I would rather watch the one club all my life win nothing and be loyal to them than jump over a glory hunting bandwagon. 

I like Killiepyo and he's a cracking guy but what he done in switching from Hurlford to Talbot simply isn't on :whistle

Killiepiyo's decision is none of your concern and, from the outside looking in, it appears he's got more out of being at Talbot than Hurlford.

ps - it's none of my concern either, I add.

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

Killiepiyo's decision is none of your concern and, from the outside looking in, it appears he's got more out of being at Talbot than Hurlford.

ps - it's none of my concern either, I add.

It's an open forum for debate and I'm entitled to my opinion as are you but don't tell me what's of concern to me. 

Will voice my opinion as I see fit so less of the daft wee lectures. 

Ps, supporting a club shouldn't be about what you can get out of it, it's about backing your club through thick and thin I would have thought. 

On 1/30/2019 at 17:42, ThemightyHERTHA said:
It's an open forum for debate and I'm entitled to my opinion as are you but don't tell me what's of concern to me.  Will voice my opinion as I see fit so less of the daft wee lectures. 

Ps, supporting a club shouldn't be about what you can get out of it, it's about backing your club through thick and thin I would have thought. 

If, say, a long-time local ex-Old Firm fan came to support Beith, set up an immaculate highlights package and media operation and helped solidify themselves as the biggest side in Ayrshire, because they were sick of the baggage either of the two sides hold, would you chastise them forever after as having walked out on their first team?

You’ll know as well as me there’s folk in Beith, like in Largs and elsewhere locally, who’ve never been to Bellsdale but could recite every English Premiership XI in a moment.

No, I wouldn’t leave Largs Thistle, but again I know nothing of other people’s circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

If, say, a long-time local ex-Old Firm fan came to support Beith, set up an immaculate highlights package and media operation and helped solidify themselves as the biggest side in Ayrshire, because they were sick of the baggage either of the two sides hold, would you chastise them forever after as having walked out on their first team?

You’ll know as well as me there’s folk in Beith, like in Largs and elsewhere locally, who’ve never been to Bellsdale but could recite every English Premiership XI in a moment.

No, I wouldn’t leave Largs Thistle, but again I know nothing of other people’s circumstances. Perhaps I’m biased against Hurlford though for their total disinterest in the pyramid...

Your debate isn't even relative as its different levels of football that you're quoting and practically every junior fan and player in the west of Scotland will lean towards a senior club of some sort with the old firm being most prominent, its different levels of football and its nothing like supporting Hurlford then jumping aboard talbot for the glory . Why wasnt the switch of clubs Hurlford to kello rovers :rolleyes::whistle?? 

If you're going to bring in senior football then you need to be relative to your own argument, would it be normal to support say hearts then all of a sudden Aberdeen? Or Ayr united then all of a sudden hey dundee united  are doing that wee bit better so I'm off to support them now. Neither are quite right for me  :unsure2:

Perhaps I’m biased against Hurlford though for their total disinterest in the pyramid...

You have no idea what Hurlford position on joining the pyramid is. I assume it was you that got into a conversation at our recent league game with someone from Hurlford who didn't agree with you and based on that you think that's the club's position and you're BIASED against them?
Utter nonsense.

BTW the Largs Committee man within earshot didn't seem to agree with you either. Does that mean Largs are disinterested in the pyramid too?
No, didn't think so.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:

You have no idea what Hurlford position on joining the pyramid is. I assume it was you that got into a conversation at our recent league game with someone from Hurlford who didn't agree with you and based on that you think that's the club's position and you're BIASED against them?
Utter nonsense.

BTW the Largs Committee man within earshot didn't seem to agree with you either. Does that mean Largs are disinterested in the pyramid too?
No, didn't think so.

Largs voted in favour of joining the pyramid, in principle. I've since reread last year's survey and noticed you're club did the same, so I'm willing to retract my above statement, but I'll still reiterate my conversation with your guy (what was your own opinion in the "would you like to join" thread, incidentally? It wasn't positive, though perhaps it doesn't reflect your CLUBS opinion again)

BTW I've made my, and the clubs, opinion, to the member you mentioned, plain, though they're entitled to their view and it's a fair sight less harsh than your mans was.

I'd like to stress I'm good friends with killiepiyo. 

On 1/6/2019 at 17:30, Sunrise said:

Must say, the attitude of a Hurlford United official towards the pyramid at our match yesterday was pretty poor -

THEM - "I've no interest in us playing boys clubs, Broomhill, EK, Bonnyton and the like!"

ME - "They cater to a huge community club structure and breed players through their teams. How many Hurlford United youths are coming through your set-up?"

THEM - "NONE. It's not important."

*sigh*

FWIW anyone who's read me here knows I've criticised one particular Lowland League "boys (sporting) club", but give them their dues, they, like others, are doing weel this season. It wasn't long ago Hurlford themselves lost EVERY match in a season... yesterday's programme looked back at us v them in 1984, in which Ford didn't even complete the season...

(For any Hurlford fans fully supportive of the pyramid, I make it clear I'm more critical of certain folk.)

Does he get paid for the camera work?  Even like expenses to cover his equipment perhaps.

PS - Feel free to not answer this KP as I appreciate its none of my business, was just wondering if he is considered/considers himself a club employee or staff member.

KP gets some amount of snash on here for this and I doubt he needs or wants me speaking up for him but ffs, his only crime is that he likes filming fitba and Talbot are a team that afford a lot of opportunity to get involved in big, exciting games and  can provide a big audience for his output. To illustrate this point I'm sure some of his footage has turned up in the recent BBC coverage of the Ayr game which must be a bit of a buzz after hours spent in the pishing rain filming the bread and butter games. 

The guy clearly isn't pretending to be a lifelong fan or kissing the Talbot badge and it's clear to most normal folk that he's just enjoying doing what he does and harming nobody.  

It must be about time to put this pish to bed. 

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

The former secretary of Bo’ness United is now the secretary at Linlithgow Rose, which in my book makes him an arsehole.

Good topic this though. Well worth a read [mention]Tynierose[/mention].

Did he not also have a short spell at Kelty as well.

Worse than Hitler swapping teams like that

Archived