Motherwell v Livingston

1 hour ago, crispy said:

Ok, my arrangements for getting hold of a ticket have fallen through :( What are the chances that the stadium is rammed or Motherwell are so flush with cash that they won't take my money at the gate, if allowed? 

I'd like to see this:

Kelly,

Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow,

Erskine, Pittman, Byrne, Jacobs, Lawless,

Tiffoney, Hardie. 

Wylde not far off getting a start either so I'd be happy with him in.

It’s pay at the gate mate, only disabled fans needed to purchase tickets in advance. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

It’s pay at the gate mate, only disabled fans needed to purchase tickets in advance. 

Much appreciated.

On the game: Tiffoney looks lively and I see him getting in to the same channels that Menga does. When the ball hits Menga he does a reasonable job of holding it up whereas I'm not sure Tiffoney will have that physicality but you never know. I see Tiffoney being more dangerous in terms of striking and finding others with a pass. I don't know how mobile the Motherwell back line is but if Erskine plays up top then maybe he can do the 'big man/occupier' job and Tiffoney can play off him to use his pace.

We’ve severely lacked creativity in the final 3rd recently so I’m looking forward to this fresh approach. Wondering whether it’ll be sibbald or erskine at wingback, lamie would’ve been my choice with sibbald as the man in behind the strikers.

33 minutes ago, Afro said:

Erskine at wingback for us, not sure about that.

Pleased to see Tiffoney afforded a start following his promising showing last week.

Not so sure; I'm guessing we're going for a flat three at the back and wingers instead of wing backs.

I just remember we had a lot of problems from Motherwell on the right wing in the first half last time we visited them.

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Holt can get in the bin.

This.

All I heard last week was how good Motherwell were on the wings. Hastie and Ariyibi have been running rampant so it's clear that we've not given them the respect they deserve by shoehorning players into the team. Garbage.

Erskine has never been a wingback, why is he being forced to play there. Not sure where the team that was known for playing with such high intensity and doing the basics right has gone.

Genuinely fed up with the “we were unlucky” pish, too many happy clappers, we’ve been poor away from home almost all season. Hopefully this will be a wake up call. At the start of the season we were great and our form was fantastic, but since the hearts game in December it feels like none of our players have bothered showing up. 

12 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

This.

All I heard last week was how good Motherwell were on the wings. Hastie and Ariyibi have been running rampant so it's clear that we've not given them the respect they deserve by shoehorning players into the team. Garbage.

Feels the same as the away game against Dunfermline last season when Mullin was being ripped a new one by Aird, and Toddy was in defence, while Hoppy had Gallagher and McMillan sitting on the bench, we were down 3-0 at HT then brought on Dec and Jack for the restart and lost 3-1.  Damage was already done before Hoppy reacted to it, looks like the same has happened here with Holt.

3-0 at half time v Motherwell who are pish!!! Some of the players need to look at themselves at half time. And no more excuses from Holt post-match. 'We were shit/not acceptable/players need to look at themselves!!!

3 minutes ago, Mpire said:

3 subs made at half time - quite fu*kin right! Lawless been pish for weeks now.

Not so sure about Lawson coming on though, WTF is Lamie not playing. Can see why we've taken Esrkine,Sibbald and Lawless off, none of them are great defensively, but neither is Lawson.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not so sure about Lawson coming on though, WTF is Lamie not playing. Can see why we've taken Esrkine,Sibbald and Lawless off, none of them are great defensively, but neither is Lawson.

Lamie had poor game v Rangers. Dunno why Erskine playing on wing? Mental! Havent rated Sibbald at all in any game and sh1t at defending!

Archived