Motherwell v Livingston

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also Livi fans. Is that Menga any good? He has look brutal anytime I saw him play.

Just needs to score against Dundee to complete his ***-swording hat-trick.

Definitely not a striker, unsure if he’s even a winger. His unpredictability is great entertainment though, the boy himself doesn’t even know what he’s doing next.

38 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Also Livi fans. Is that Menga any good? He has look brutal anytime I saw him play.

Pretty fair to say he splits the fans, personally I think some of the criticism he gets can be a bit harsh. He’s not a goal scorer that’s for sure but he can be good at the ugly side of the game which can often go unnoticed by a lot of fans, gets us fouls and moves us further up the pitch. When he’s having a bad day it can be brutal though, didn’t think he seemed fully fit at the weekend which made his performance seem extra pish.

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

No, might be harsh but I honestly don’t think he’s good enough. 

If you watch him closely despite what people say he doesn’t work hard enough for me, he runs away from the play a lot, he fouls constantly in needless areas which is the most infuriating thing of the lot, he will beat his man but stop to do a couple more step overs and lose the ball, so frustrating. 

Plus he looks like he’s came back after the break unfit. 

A spell on the bench coming on using his pace against tiring defences would be his best role imo. 

I think Menga is one of our best players when he's in the mood. Problem is, he's not in the mood enough. He can definitely be a little lazy, which is unusual in this team.

He's a pretty good pissboiler though, which works well with us. Trying to sneakily stick the nut in Christie, lying on the ground for no reason against Hibs to waste time, and somehow getting raw hatred for being fouled up at Dens makes me like him, and I think he's a decent fit here.

I don't think wingback is a good position for him though, so I'm not sure how much actual wing play he'll see here.

I think it's a little harsh to say he's come back from the break unfit - he looked decent against Hearts, but looked like he'd done his hamstring. I was surprised to see him back on for the Rangers game. On the other hand, if we can get Miller/De Vita fit and have him on the bench to bring on against tiring legs, then I think he'll be an asset there.

Also the hair <3 

34 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I think it's a little harsh to say he's come back from the break unfit - he looked decent against Hearts, but looked like he'd done his hamstring. I was surprised to see him back on for the Rangers game. On the other hand, if we can get Miller/De Vita fit and have him on the bench to bring on against tiring legs, then I think he'll be an asset there.

Also the hair <3 

He didn't run all game and the one time he did, he did his hammy

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Would be tough to throw Hakeem into it straight away though, possibly can see him coming off the bench

Looks a big lad, ideal build for a game against Motherwell. f**k even Miller was being knocked around against them when he got injured earlier in the season, the more big c***s we can put up against them the better. f**k football, lets just have our usual a shit kicking contest against them, only without the ball being a distraction this time.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Looks a big lad, ideal build for a game against Motherwell. f**k even Miller was being knocked around against them when he got injured earlier in the season, the more big c***s we can put up against them the better. f**k football, lets just have our usual a shit kicking contest against them, only without the ball being a distraction this time.

I think you are misunderstanding our recent silky style

If Saturday is a choice between Robinson's favourites of "Winning the battle" and "Earning the right...." with a packed midfield or playing in the same style as the last three league games and try to get in front, I'll take the latter please.  A couple of games against the OF at Fir Park aside, We've never really looked like coming back from being behind and my most depressing times of this season have been watching other teams time-wasting on a 1 goal lead and knowing that they needn't bother. When we do go ahead, the difference it makes to our confidence is really apparent - so let's try to do that.

I guess there is as minor decision to make on which wingers to play - but I'd stick with Hastie and Ariyibi and leave Frear (and hopefully McCormack) for later on....

Livi were 12 points ahead of us as recently as December - so to draw level with them on Saturday would represent a turnaround that no 'Well fan was expecting...here's hoping.

Ok, my arrangements for getting hold of a ticket have fallen through :( What are the chances that the stadium is rammed or Motherwell are so flush with cash that they won't take my money at the gate, if allowed? 

I'd like to see this:

Kelly,

Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow,

Erskine, Pittman, Byrne, Jacobs, Lawless,

Tiffoney, Hardie. 

Wylde not far off getting a start either so I'd be happy with him in.

13 minutes ago, crispy said:

What are the chances that the stadium is rammed or Motherwell are so flush with cash that they won't take my money at the gate

The ground holds 13,500 - that 10,000 free seats will leave you a bit of scope for paying in :)

11 minutes ago, Swello said:

The ground holds 13,500 - that 10,000 free seats will leave you a bit of scope for paying in :)

Yasss, the day before the game they announced PATG for Tynecastle so was hoping for something similar here. Haven't seen anything yet but looking at the official site post it says 'Ambulant and Disabled fans MUST purchase tickets from the Tony Macaroni Arena Reception PRIOR to the match on Saturday.' so i assume that everyone else doesn't have to purchase PRIOR to match day. Is there still a bookies in that (away) stand behind the goals?

Archived