Motherwell v Livingston

Would be good to get a win here to put an end to our winless run and also start to improve our away form. Want to see more of Tiffoney, impressed me when he came on against the **** and sounded like he done well against St Johnstone as well. Injury-wise I'd imagine we'll still be missing Miller and Robinson considering we haven't heard much about them, Menga still looked like he was struggling on Sunday, and I'm not sure if De Vita will be deemed fit enough although scoring again for the reserves last night might see him take a place on the bench. At least we'll have Hardie back again, main question is who plays alongside him; Menga, Erskine, or Tiffoney (all of them being wingers :lol:). 

Kelly

Gallagher  -  Halkett  -  Lithgow

Lawless  -  Jacobs  -  Pittman  -  Byrne  -  Lamie

Tiffoney  -  Hardie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Concerned about this one tbh. Been poor on the road and Motherwell turning it around. Great to have Hardie back though who can pop up from no where with a goal.

Don't think Tiffoney and Hardie can play together though (especially v Motherwell) as bother are pretty skinny/will get bashed about easily.

Unless something pretty wild happens between now and the close of the window and we see outgoings and incomings (and there have been few, if any, rumours along those lines) I'd be surprised if we didn't start with the same line-up tbh.

Gillespie
Grimshaw Aldred Dunne Tait
Campbell Gorrin Turnbull
Hastie Main Ariyibi

Subs: McCormack, Ferguson, Johnson, McHugh, Frear, Hartley, Bigirimana

Robinson's been talking about building consistency, he's not going to get that by chopping and changing after decent results. In fairness, once he got the 352 working early on last season he largely stuck with it.

Real tough one this, form we are in and with our away form a home win will be the favourite result here. 

We are good when we have our backs against the wall though and really should’ve won the last game at Fir Park. 

Id also start with Hardie and Tiffoney, we need some trickery, something a bit different to what has now become a very predictable tactic that teams have now got the better of, Tiffoney will give us a good bit of pace and Hardie is clever, he will find him with a pass given the chance, I don’t think Menga is fit and tbh I’m not his biggest fan anyway, frustrates the life out of me. 

I’d take a draw in this one just to stop the losing run we are on but a win isn’t out the question. 

Are Livi fans in the main stand again or the one behind the goals for this ? 

We've turned that many corners this season only to turn another one and find ourselves back to square one, usually with a 0-1 home defeat in an utter shiftest. This time hopefully we can keep the momentum going with a win and close in on Livingston in the league.

The two League meetings with them this season have been absolutely awful as we tried to go toe-to-toe with them in a hoofball battle and been second best both times so hopefully we've learned our lessons and try and play some football. 

Not confident, going by the season has gone for us so far so a repeat of the earlier 1-1 game at Fir Park could be on the cards here.

Feel like we’ve struggled to get the ball down and play around the final 3rd recently, sibbald was great against st Johnstone and I thought it was pretty harsh to drop him on Sunday but the game was perhaps more suited to keaghan. Would love to see us try sibbald in behind tiffoney and hardie for this one.

Can see Hakeem maybe starting this one on the right...only natural RWB we have now. I also reckon Erskine would be a better starting point against Motherwell's physical backline. Tiff on for pace when they've had enough.

Kelly
Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow
Hakeem, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Lamie
Hardie, Erskine

Subs:
Stewart
Sibbald
Brown
Tiffoney
De Vita
Lawless
Wylde

On 29/01/2019 at 13:45, andylivi1 said:

Real tough one this, form we are in and with our away form a home win will be the favourite result here. 

We are good when we have our backs against the wall though and really should’ve won the last game at Fir Park. 

Id also start with Hardie and Tiffoney, we need some trickery, something a bit different to what has now become a very predictable tactic that teams have now got the better of, Tiffoney will give us a good bit of pace and Hardie is clever, he will find him with a pass given the chance, I don’t think Menga is fit and tbh I’m not his biggest fan anyway, frustrates the life out of me. 

I’d take a draw in this one just to stop the losing run we are on but a win isn’t out the question. 

Are Livi fans in the main stand again or the one behind the goals for this ? 

Yeah we're in the South Stand bud.

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Can see Hakeem maybe starting this one on the right...only natural RWB we have now. I also reckon Erskine would be a better starting point against Motherwell's physical backline. Tiff on for pace when they've had enough.

Kelly
Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow
Hakeem, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Lamie
Hardie, Erskine

Subs:
Stewart
Sibbald
Brown
Tiffoney
De Vita
Lawless
Wylde

De Vita is a month away from fitness and you're suggesting dropping Lawless who's played every game? Can't see it happening

Kelly
Gallagher Halkett Lithgow
Lawless Byrne Jacobs Pittman Lamie
Tiffoney Hardie

Subs: 
Stewart
Sibbald
Brown
Erskine
Wylde
Menga
Lawson

De Vita is a month away from fitness and you're suggesting dropping Lawless who's played every game? Can't see it happening

Kelly
Tiffoney Hardie

Subs: 
Stewart
Sibbald
Brown
Erskine
Wylde
Menga
Lawson
The only reason I suggested dropping lawless was due to the physical Motherwell team and the fact we'll likely be on the back foot it might be an idea to set up with 2 more defensive wingbacks in Hakeem and Lamie

Just now, Cptn Hooch said:
6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Kelly
Tiffoney Hardie

Subs: 
Stewart
Sibbald
Brown
Erskine
Wylde
Menga
Lawson

The only reason I suggested dropping lawless was due to the physical Motherwell team and the fact we'll likely be on the back foot it might be an idea to set up with 2 more defensive wingbacks in Hakeem and Lamie

Would be tough to throw Hakeem into it straight away though, possibly can see him coming off the bench

Archived