RRFC vs. Forfar

Being too slow in possession is not the reason we didn't take 3 points today. It's that bleeding awful defence.
Bring in Wedderburn and McKay and we'd lose less goals.

That’ll never happen. Davo chooses the team

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two brilliant goals.

Baird’s only decent touch of the game and it goes in.

Forfar definitely seemed to struggle today compared to last week.

Some comedy acting performances from Raith, pretty poor to be honest. Wedderburn is a cheat.

I actually thought we played pretty well. Created plenty of chances and Lyness barely had anything to do.
As soon as Nisbet went off we started to fade but Forfar still didn’t really trouble us. However, it was obvious when we continued to waste chances we’d get hit with a sucker punch and even more obvious it would come from Baird. Great finish by him.
Dreadful defending for the goal we really need to make a change in there ASAP. 
Agree with all of this. I thought for the most part we weren't bad. I've certainly seen us worse.
We had plenty of chances to put the game to bed and missed an open goal after they scored. We did take the foot off the pedal in the last 20 minutes and that's a risky game with our defence.

Two brilliant goals.
Baird’s only decent touch of the game and it goes in.
Forfar definitely seemed to struggle today compared to last week.
Some comedy acting performances from Raith, pretty poor to be honest. Wedderburn is a cheat.

I thought we were poor at times today. Nothing came off for Hilson and Baird struggled. Terrible gifting of possession and woeful shooting. Then Bairdy...

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It would have had no impact on the game, but the Forfar sub should've been sent off at the end for blatantly kicking the ball away.

Travis should have been booked at least if not red carded for a two footed challenge on Wedderburn in the first half.

Instead, after the phase of play had expired the ref just gave him the waggy finger.

It would have had no impact on the game, but the Forfar sub should've been sent off at the end for blatantly kicking the ball away.

Ahahahahahahaha!

Your players were at it the whole game. Wee dinks at pretty much every throw in.

Personally hate it but that happens 20 odd times per game. It would be 5 aside if you went down that route.

While we're at it, no idea how Duggan didn't get a booking for running over and bodying one of the Forfar players while the ball was nowhere near either of them. An utterly bizarre incident, then followed up by Matthews getting a booking for what looked like nothing after the Forfar player kicked the ball away. 

17 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Came home from tonight’s fundraiser after doing some filming and done the highlights.

They will be on the Rovers’ website at midnight.

Was there many at the fundraiser? 

Hope local businesses, who can offset the cost against tax, supported it, but thought £80 was a wee bit pricey for the average punter. 

Especially as the Rovers Down South event next month is a mere £30 and you might get to sit next to Elvis or Silky. 

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

Was there many at the fundraiser? 

Hope local businesses, who can offset the cost against tax, supported it, but thought £80 was a wee bit pricey for the average punter. 

Especially as the Rovers Down South event next month is a mere £30 and you might get to sit next to Elvis or Silky. 

Yes, most table places seemed filled anyway. Left early after doing some filming so I could get the highlights done tonight. Hopefully raised some good cash for the Club. We’ll put a wee video about it up on the website soon.

On re-watching the highlights, I've no idea how we didn't win that with those cut backs, especially the one at the end. Overall the defence at the equaliser is a bit of a shambles. Bene is out miles ahead, it then bounces and Davidson is caught in no mans land as it gets knocked passed him. Superb composure from Baird, who I'll never tire of clapping off the pitch for giving me the happiest day of my football supporting life. 

Lyness looked solid, aside from the lapse in the second half when he had miscommunication with Benedictus. Barjonas didn't do much before his goal, but then got involved a lot more. First midfielder in a while who hasn't been afraid to take a shot from the edge of the box. Tony Dingwall was well worth his man of the match and looks to be an excellent signing (incidently, Daniel Armstrong hasn't managed to make it on the pitch for County yet). 

42 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Shouldn't be too difficult, the place was near empty.  That is a dreadful home support for Raith.

Hi, Hello Mr Higher Ground.

Can you supply some statistics to confirm your statement? That would be braw, thanks.

10 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Hi, Hello Mr Higher Ground.

Can you supply some statistics to confirm your statement? That would be braw, thanks.

Screw your higher ground, it's not a crowd-w**k statement.

Is your stand normally that empty?  My recent memory had it far more full than this pic.  That must be seriously worrying for a full time team.

crowd.GIF.4b4be59e475b16a0720768c37986b69b.GIF

Archived