RRFC vs. Forfar

Just now, Zen Archer said:

This can't be too difficult to back up, given that you've had two chances to make a valid point?

FFS,  I've absolutely no idea how many fans normally turn up at your games, really don't care but it's surely more than today.  However, my memory of our last visit had that stand well full and also the east stand too, which was pretty sparse today.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

FFS,  I've absolutely no idea how many fans normally turn up at your games, really don't care but it's surely more than today.  However, my memory of our last visit had that stand well full and also the east stand too, which was pretty sparse today.

Thank you for your contribution.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Thank you for your contribution.

No problem.  Stats have this in the 5th worst attended home game out of 15 games.  We brought a fair few extra through today than our last game.  That would suggest a poorer home attendance than usual.

9 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

No problem.  Stats have this in the 5th worst attended home game out of 15 games.  We brought a fair few extra through today than our last game.  That would suggest a poorer home attendance than usual.

See the source image

If you point out where I'm wrong, that would be helpful.

Or...... you could have originally not been a complete dick and said that today's attendance was slightly down on normal but the stand behind the goal is generally attended by that number.

Another lead surrendered with out a fight, I'd have accepted a scrappy 1-0 win if that was what was on offer but know fine I'd still have moaned about not taking our chances, in the end as usual those missed chances cost us dear....again.

I'll start with the defence for which there is clearly a massive case to answer for, Murray seems to be spending more and more time in the opposition's box and putting in fewer and fewer defensive tackles, as a result he is constantly caught out of position. Bene was caught under the goal kick and really should have done better at the equaliser. Davo too was caught out but it wasn't his only mistake, it was a poor pass in the opening mins from Barjonas but what was Davo doing? if the Forfar player has squared it to Baird it was a tap in!Davo looks like he's swanning about as if he hasn't a care in the world and then shouts at the keeper for not coming for a ball right on the edge of his box? Fud! Crane was there best of a bad lot as he didn't make any errors that I can recall, this may be down to the fact Forfar didn't favour his wing and he did a lot of attacking himself.

Midfield, Gillespie needs dropped! He gave us a great 45 mins v the Pars and not a lot before or since, Nat is as slow as a week in jail but at least he has heart and looks to be giving his all. Barjonas didn't start well but what a hit for the goal. Dingwall was far and away MotM and everything good came through him.  Matthews didn't contribute much which should be too surprising given that it was the first 6 mins he's played since East Fife in December. By and large this midfield is shockingly uncreative. Sideways football is fine for possession stats but even yesterday we only shaded possession 53/47%.

Nisbet was off the boil but that could be down to the lack of ammunition from the likes of Gillespie & Co. Duggan puts in a shift for you but it's just not happening for some reason.

Last week we went away to the narrowest pitch in the universe where Brechin sat in with 10 behind the ball and the formation was to go with 2 wingers, even when it wasn't working we persisted with it. This week at home on a marginally wider park we went with no wingers and 2 roving midfielders (Dingwall & Barjonas) who avoided the touchlines like the plague which resulted in a stifled middle of the park and little or no creativity, surely either Flanagan (who hasn't impressed of late) or McGuffie should have been given 20 mins?

I'm not sure what the answer is but resting Davo and Gillespie is worth a shout as both are doing very little for the team at present. Perhaps in reviewing video analysis this week someone should ask John & Paul what the f**k they are doing about it when things are going stale every bloody week, why can't they see it?

1 hour ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Was that Davidson in a full sprint at the start of the highlights? I’ve watched milk turn quicker than him.

Yeah he's slow, I've seen frozen pitches defrost quicker than him. 

I don't agree that Nisbet is off the boil. More likely that he's not 100% fit. 

I'm sure if it hadn't been for Vaughan's injury, he'd have started yesterday 's game on the bench and been given a few minutes late on. 

Yesterday was only 4 weeks since he was injured against Stenhousemuir and at that point I think most would have been surprised to see him near the first team at Brechin and yesterday. 

8 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

You obviously do care the fact your posting about it

Just watched the interview the guy is lost. He would just aswell walk away what an absolute farce.
If that was Smith with the same interview the thread would have lit up in rage. He is beginning to talk utter nonsense and seems to have no clue as to resolve it. The first minute on the highlight davo turns like a cart horse and saunters back only to get caught out and is saved by the keeper. For what he says at the end of the interview about the subs, and everyone getting a game, is a complete and utter joke of a comment. This to me sounds as though that defensive pairing at centre half will not be changing soon. Unfortunately we are stuck with him for another 18 months.

If that was Smith with the same interview the thread would have lit up in rage. He is beginning to talk utter nonsense and seems to have no clue as to resolve it. The first minute on the highlight davo turns like a cart horse and saunters back only to get caught out and is saved by the keeper. For what he says at the end of the interview about the subs, and everyone getting a game, is a complete and utter joke of a comment. This to me sounds as though that defensive pairing at centre half will not be changing soon. Unfortunately we are stuck with him for another 18 months.
Not really. If he hasn't sorted us out by early next season I'm pretty confident he will be away. He will likely get backed during the summer but unless things improve he'll be on the back foot from the get go, just like Smith this season.

Archived