Dundee United v Greenock Morton 02/02/2019

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand Fyvie coming on to try and build his fitness and confidence but his brief appearance shows why he needs an actual break from the team.

First half was thoroughly enjoyable but due to maybe a lack of sharpness and fitness for some of the new recruits it was a bit of a slog in the second 45. I would give Harkes my man of the match and Pawlett was excellent. Also very enjoyable watching two central defenders get stuck in and try to organise things with passion and aggression. 

Booth was okay at times but defensively he is still a weak link and I thought Seaman was exposed a couple of times because of his inexperience. Other than that there were good performances across the whole team.

Two centre halfs were magnificent. Ive got a real love for the both of them already. Not scared to get wired in and Connolly giving boys a bollocking in the first 20 mins. Just the sort of characters we need

7 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I understand Fyvie coming on to try and build his fitness and confidence but his brief appearance shows why he needs an actual break from the team.

First half was thoroughly enjoyable but due to maybe a lack of sharpness and fitness for some of the new recruits it was a bit of a slog in the second 45. I would give Harkes my man of the match and Pawlett was excellent. Also very enjoyable watching two central defenders get stuck in and try to organise things with passion and aggression. 

Booth was okay at times but defensively he is still a weak link and I thought Seaman was exposed a couple of times because of his inexperience. Other than that there were good performances across the whole team.

I imagine the Fyvie sub was more to do with not asking Butcher to do 90 minutes rather than giving Fyvie game time.

Well one shot on goal over two games confirms I made correct decision on giving this a miss.

We'll need to get our act together and find an attacking  formation, at least go down all arms blazing.

As for Dundee Unt fans get real - best shot will be taking good form into playoffs and having a shot at Dundee just what BT Sport relishes.

Well a wee rest and then the seasiders.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I imagine the Fyvie sub was more to do with not asking Butcher to do 90 minutes rather than giving Fyvie game time.

If that was the case then Stanton should have been his replacement given his ability to cover more ground than Fyvie. Either way Fyvie should be out for a few weeks and Gomis can take his place on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well one shot on goal over two games confirms I made correct decision on giving this a miss.

We'll need to get our act together and find an attacking  formation, at least go down all arms blazing.

As for Dundee Unt fans get real - best shot will be taking good form into playoffs and having a shot at Dundee just what BT Sport relishes.

Well a wee rest and then the seasiders.

Who is going overboard? We were excellent in the first-half but nobody is claiming it to be anything other than a good start for a newly assembled team. Hardly "get real" territory.

3 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Two centre halfs were magnificent. Ive got a real love for the both of them already. Not scared to get wired in and Connolly giving boys a bollocking in the first 20 mins. Just the sort of characters we need

Aye, Connolly was very vocal,  the type of player we’ve lacked for years. Bodes well,

Well, hospitality today for me so my opinions maybe somewhat blurred. 2 centre halves that know how to defend, what a joy. A midfield of a one guy who will protect the back four and one guy who was neat and tidy in possession. A striker who was supported by 3 attack minded players behind him. Sadly the game changed when arguably our best player came on, Fyvie should be nowhere near the team just now, a liability at the moment.

I thought Connolly was our best signing of the window as I didn't expect Reynolds to play for a few weeks, but having the 2 of them at the back gives us a great base to build from. 

Archived