Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Clyde scored then stopped us playing at all.  Wasn't the best game but i can see why Clyde are a level above us at present, they didn't give us many openings and obviously they have the most talented player in the division up front.

Still I had £30 on Clyde so all is not lost:

image.png.aadd8077cafa2648240b896fd69d958c.png

you're a disgrace

5 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Clyde scored then stopped us playing at all.  Wasn't the best game but i can see why Clyde are a level above us at present, they didn't give us many openings and obviously they have the most talented player in the division up front.

Still I had £30 on Clyde so all is not lost:

image.png.aadd8077cafa2648240b896fd69d958c.png

Betting against your team. Hope you weren’t playing ! 

Goodwillie has been a huge miss for us but we have won 2 and drawn 1 without him (drawn 2 if you include Saturday when he came on as sub). Think that’s 14 or 15 unbeaten since we lost to Peterhead in October. Shows you how far we were behind when we are still playing catch up. Still in touching distance though. 

Spoiler

I didn't think we deserved to lose tonight but we didn't create enough chances (for the second game in a row).

A touch of luck for Clydes goal with a deflected shot falling at Goodwinkies feet.

Question for Clyde fans. Why did Goodwillie  not celebrate his goal with you?

Clyde's timewaisting in the second half was farcical.

After the Stirling big chance on their left wing, which brought out a fine save by Currie, I thought they chucked it. 

Clyde didn't really trouble them after our goal. As I have said previously, our problem is strike rate from attempts. 

Goodie is guilty of overplaying and should pass every now and then.  Banksie and Boyle look a bit lightweight and although we have some nice touches from Grant and graft from Ranks; we lack a bit of gyle in mid field. 

I think we missed McStay and McNiff still looks uncomfortable in his new role. Fair play to Duffle for a competent show. 

Not the best game but a massive 3 points which still gives us hope.

What little football was seen was played by Clyde but that is nothing to write home about.

Thought we should have had a 2nd to calm the nerves but too often picked the wrong option, with Banks missing opportunities in the 2nd Half to send Boyle away a couple of times, although  he did well in spells.

Defence solid again, MOM tossup between any of the back 4.

Disappointed with Albion, expected more football from them instead of lumping the ball up constantly, but still expect they will challenge next year.

Onto Edinburgh, and another must win !!

Generally speaking, we’ve got to be satisfied with that tonight. Currie made a great save early doors, we scored and then nothing else of note really happened. Duffie was fine at right back, our midfield midfield missed McStay in there (who I believe is in Australia) and Goodwillie was the difference. My biggest concern for Saturday is tiredness. A big pitch on Saturday, a fairly heavy pitch tonight and then back at a big pitch next Saturday with Edinburgh having had the full week off. A huge game though and I’m looking forward to it.

Anyway... I was a bit surprised with Stirling, thought they would have offered a bit more going forward as had fancied them to make playoffs. Got to imagine the final play off place come end of the season will be Annan’s. In saying that we didn’t do too much either but managed to grind out the 3 points. 

Guessing mcstay has picked up an injury?

Get Stewart in at full back & bring on Edinburgh! 

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Can someone explain why a Clyde fan was carrying a knife? 

Would you prefer he'd a flute & drum ?

Away and get yer chairman's pecker right doon yer throat ya inbred bigoted c**t

Would've taken any kind of win tonight, so we'll have that and move on.  Huge game Saturday, go at them from kick off tae final whistle and we'll win. 

Why anyone would carry a knife is beyond me, beyond stupid. Would be interested to see said picture for confirmation though. 

In saying that, if someone did get a knife in then Stirling want to have a word with the stewards who were searching everyone on the way in. Thought it was only hampden who searched folk. 

Archived