Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can’t help but think that’s our season now over and we’re rebuilding for next year now. I’m sure the lads in the dressing room won’t be giving up but 10 points adrift of a Play Off spot with 10 games to go is a big ask.

Over the moon with the players that KR has already resigned, especially Jardine and McGeachie, I just hope he can tie up Darren Smith and Dylan Mackin for another year at least and bring in the quality that Dave Mackay failed to sign.

Thought Duffie started shakily and got caught under the ball a few times, as well as clearly being a wee bit lacking in match sharpness. He really grew into the game, though, with an overall performance that solid coming out of nowhere. Cuddihy still gives us more there, but if he's needed in midfield, I have no qualms about Duffie stepping in on that showing.

Great result. Couldn’t make it so I was nervously checking the scores every 2 minutes. Half expected us to lose a late goal again after witnessing Annan and QP. 

Gutted to think that between those 2 games we were 8 minutes from being level with Peterhead. Still, we’re hanging on in there. Grinding out results a bit but so are Peterhead and Edinburgh. Huge game on Saturday.  

That was one of the worst performance I have seen in quite a while, simply shocking.

Highlight of the game was that guy smashed the shite out of the side of the stand then getting the first aiders to check his wrists. :lol:

Great to get the 3 points after the late sucker punches against Annan and QP. Didn't think either side were great in first half but we created a few chances and got the all important goal.

Second half and we could barely get a hold of the ball. Stirling didn't cause us too many problems though. Was a scrappy, battle in the second half but at least we seen it out.

Thought Duffie done alright in the second half after a few nervy moments in the first. Hopefully we've got a few of the injured players back for Saturday.

Clyde scored then stopped us playing at all.  Wasn't the best game but i can see why Clyde are a level above us at present, they didn't give us many openings and obviously they have the most talented player in the division up front.

Still I had £30 on Clyde so all is not lost:

image.png.aadd8077cafa2648240b896fd69d958c.png

Very scrappy game from start to finish, Stirling started quickly and got in our faces. Goodie took the goal well.

First half defensively I thought we looked shaky, second half we were much better. Banks was good again. 

Man of the match for me was Rumsby, kept Mackin quiet and won everything. Duffie was good as well given it was his first game of the season.

Stirlings pitch didn’t look great tonight and the ball was bobbling about, pitch is usually good to play on. 

Archived