Stirling Albion v Clyde

Crazy to think that if we lose this one then we're probably out of the title race. Since we dropped into League 2, the only teams who have had more points at this stage are Alloa, Rangers and Forfar (who didn't win the league). And obviously Peterhead/Edinburgh this time around. Rangers only had seven more points the season they were in the league.

I think we'll all be in agreement regarding the changes; Goodwillie and Stewart in for Fitzpatrick and McNiff. We got done against Stirling/Peterhead this time last year playing centre halves at full-back and that cost us the play-offs. This year it could cost us the title.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vital game for both teams on Tuesday night, Albion need a win to keep in touch with Annan in 4th spot and Clyde need a win to keep in touch with Peterhead and Edinburgh City at the top. 

Hopefully we get the points but it will be difficult against an inform Clyde team at the moment.

Crazy to think that if we lose this one then we're probably out of the title race. Since we dropped into League 2, the only teams who have had more points at this stage are Alloa, Rangers and Forfar (who didn't win the league). And obviously Peterhead/Edinburgh this time around. Rangers only had seven more points the season they were in the league.
I think we'll all be in agreement regarding the changes; Goodwillie and Stewart in for Fitzpatrick and McNiff. We got done against Stirling/Peterhead this time last year playing centre halves at full-back and that cost us the play-offs. This year it could cost us the title.

Would agree but I don't think there is any chance Stewart will start or even come on
Last three games not even made a sub appearance, not buying this injured / niggle nonsense Lennon just doesn't want to play him for whatever reason , hope I'm wrong

The last couple of games we've started with 10 men,  McStay has been more of a passenger than usual.
Thought mcstay played well on Saturday grant as well , best midfielder at the moment is Rankin ( apart from the miss [emoji16])

Would agree but I don't think there is any chance Stewart will start or even come on

Last three games not even made a sub appearance, not buying this injured / niggle nonsense Lennon just doesn't want to play him for whatever reason , hope I'm wrong

No idea of the issue with Stewart but we look more balanced with him in the team.

Massive game for both clubs, we need a win to keep the play off dream alive and Clyde need a win for their title hopes.

Expecting a very tough game tbh. Peterhead came down to us on Saturday and were nothing special, but very street wise. Clyde will be the same I reckon, we need to aware of that and properly combat it.

Massive game for both clubs, we need a win to keep the play off dream alive and Clyde need a win for their title hopes.

Expecting a very tough game tbh. Peterhead came down to us on Saturday and were nothing special, but very street wise. Clyde will be the same I reckon, we need to aware of that and properly combat it.
Wouldn't describe us as streetwise more likely the opposite young team full of energy and ability apart from Rankin and DGW not much experience which can both work for and against
Should be a belter most games against Stirling are pretty open no change tommorow goals in this one

3 1 Clyde

28 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Expecting a very tough game tbh. Peterhead came down to us on Saturday and were nothing special, but very street wise. 

Agreed Jake, I'd say them and Edinburgh are almost carbon copies of each other but at this level it's traditionally effective. The Angus clubs have been doing it for decades, solid, well organised, occasional season in the Championship sun

Tomorrow has the feel of a banker draw somehow but hopefully from our POV we can get the 3 points.  Having a couple strikers available helps the cause I suppose but I reckon 1 -1

*Cue 8 - 5 goal feast* :lol:

2 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Take it we’ll still be in the away stand? Looking forward to it. 

Yes Clyde supporters will be in the East Stand, feel free to take as many along tonight to see hopefully a good game of football, with an Albion victory after 90 mins would be nice. :)

Archived