Stirling Albion v Clyde

Wasn't it 2-0
I got one!! 

Wasn't it 2-0? 

It was 1-0 in the replayed game scored by John Dickson? and their keeper was Mark McGeown who got injured in the boxing day game which should never have started. Drinkell and Ray Stewart were skating across the pitch towards the dugout before the match began to show the ref how hard the sutface was. No refund either as I recall.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Bulstrode said:

It was 1-0 in the replayed game scored by John Dickson? and their keeper was Mark McGeown who got injured in the boxing day game which should never have started. Drinkell and Ray Stewart were skating across the pitch towards the dugout before the match began to show the ref how hard the sutface was. No refund either as I recall.

No there was no refund. They gave out tickets for the replayed game which were useless for my brothers who were up from Manchester and Norwich. We weren’t best pleased considering it was obvious at the start that the game should never have been played. 

6 minutes ago, sydney said:

No there was no refund. They gave out tickets for the replayed game which were useless for my brothers who were up from Manchester and Norwich. We weren’t best pleased considering it was obvious at the start that the game should never have been played. 

In the circumstances, what alternative could have been processed!!!? Even if it occurs these days, the fact that there WILL eventually be a match would see a similar response. Its not like the club did a Stephen Thomson over it now, is it!!

That game you refer to was actually New Year 1995, 2nd of January , I was at it, Albion were winning 1-0 at the time with an early goal I think by Paul Armstrong when Mark McGeown cracked his head off the rock hard surface when collecting a cross ball, Clyde won the rearranged fixture 2-0 a few midweeks later.

Was the goalkeeper Mark McGeown? Looked a bad one at the time
Wasn't there some thing about tv show play your cards right or something and prizes later in his career I seem to remember him getting stick over it [emoji23]

8 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

In the circumstances, what alternative could have been processed!!!? Even if it occurs these days, the fact that there WILL eventually be a match would see a similar response. Its not like the club did a Stephen Thomson over it now, is it!!

There is no realistic alternative OB. Our displeasure was regarding the fact that the game should never have started. Not the clubs fault. Down to the ref that one. 

6 hours ago, sydney said:

There is no realistic alternative OB. Our displeasure was regarding the fact that the game should never have started. Not the clubs fault. Down to the ref that one. 

Indeed. I recall the vibe among everyone was that no one wanted to play, and no one wanted to watch. 

I think modern H&S would not permit a mere referee taking this decision, if it were like that tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Nobody tried driving a land rover over the pitch to make it playable?

Apparently our kitman wasn't happy with the state of the pitch and wanted the game called off, the Stirling owner is quoted as saying "The driving force behind the decision appears to be the Clyde's kitman which, to me, seems a bit odd"

18 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Was the goalkeeper Mark McGeown? Looked a bad one at the time
Wasn't there some thing about tv show play your cards right or something and prizes later in his career I seem to remember him getting stick over it emoji23.png

His wife's work had arranged to go on PYCR, they had an agreement between them that any prizes any of them won if they got the 'Come on down' shout they would split between them, two people called off last minute so Mark got invited along to fill a spot.

As chance would have it he got the shout, can't remember what he won exactly but he did pretty well...

....then promptly told his wife's workmates he knew nothing of their agreement and was no part of it so they could whistle for a share of his winnings :lol:

They actually took him to court to sue for a share of his loot but got absolutely nowhere with their claim.

His wife's work had arranged to go on PYCR, they had an agreement between them that any prizes any of them won if they got the 'Come on down' shout they would split between them, two people called off last minute so Mark got invited along to fill a spot.
As chance would have it he got the shout, can't remember what he won exactly but he did pretty well...
....then promptly told his wife's workmates he knew nothing of their agreement and was no part of it so they could whistle for a share of his winnings :lol:
They actually took him to court to sue for a share of his loot but got absolutely nowhere with their claim.

"Come on down" isn't PYCR it was TPIR! One of the prizes as I recall was the famous speedboat as we used to shout about that when he played against Cowden.

Archived