Stirling Albion v Clyde

Stirling not that far away from broadwood so not really a problem for Cumbernauld Clyde fans and surrounding areas like myself, a wee midweek trip to stirling does sound not bad 

Please do not use the word Clyde preceded immediately by Cumbernauld in a sentence. Gave me quite a shock until I got what you meant.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Any update on the possibility of a game?

There’s been no word from the club as far as I can tell on Twitter or the website. It’s minus 5 here today and we had a very light dusting of snow this morning. Tomorrow it’s meant to get up to a balmy 3 degrees, only hope would be they brush off the snow and get the covers down tomorrow afternoon, but I’m not hopeful. 

Hopefully any pitch inspection is left as late as possible 

To be honest, with us, it’s safe to say that if it’s unplayable at 0900 the. It will be unplayable by 1500.

The wall at the Morrison’s end is notorious for not getting any sun, which leave the goal mouth rock sold. I’d say, if this freeze continues, then the game will be off.

2 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I think the game is inside the stadium. 

Scathing, Hatman. 

It's been what, -3 during the day in Stirling? And as low as -5 during the night?

No chance will the ground be soft. 

Speaking of which. Does anyone remember a game at a frozen Broadwood, during which one of the goalkeepers (may have been our Mark McLean) who done his back in catching a corner? I'm sure it was abandoned at half-time. 

Scathing, Hatman. 

It's been what, -3 during the day in Stirling? And as low as -5 during the night?

Speaking of which. Does anyone remember a game at a frozen Broadwood, during which one of the goalkeepers (may have been our Mark McLean) who done his back in catching a corner? I'm sure it was abandoned at half-time. 
I remember that game, was at the gym end. Pretty sure it was the other keeper tho ? Landed on his back and down for a good while

1 minute ago, Gene Wilder said:
12 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:
Scathing, Hatman. 

I remember that game, was at the gym end. Pretty sure it was the other keeper tho ? Landed on his back and down for a good while

Wasn't sure which goalie, but i do remember the bounce was a dead giveaway that someone was getting hurt that day. And yes, it was at the gym end. 

46 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Scathing, Hatman. 

Yip, remember that Stirling game. I had just gone and bought pies and bovrils for me, my old man and my brothers when it was announced the game had been abandoned. Wouldn’t have minded but a minute later they started giving out pies for free to get rid of them !

If memory serves, we won the replayed game 1-0 with a wind assisted effort from outside the box on a horrible windy night. Broadwood weather. 

Wasn't it 2-0

6 minutes ago, sydney said:

Yip, remember that Stirling game. I had just gone and bought pies and bovrils for me, my old man and my brothers when it was announced the game had been abandoned. Wouldn’t have minded but a minute later they started giving out pies for free to get rid of them !

If memory serves, we won the replayed game 1-0 with a wind assisted effort from outside the box on a horrible windy night. Broadwood weather. 

I got one!! 

Wasn't it 2-0? 

4 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

Wasn't it 2-0

I got one!! 

Wasn't it 2-0? 

Ya lucky swine ! Haha 

you might be right at 2-0. I just remember that particular goal and thought it was 1-0. Not much to remember from those early days at Broadwood. We were rotten. 

Archived